Dear CDPR can we please get a good rain effect?

+
You’ve nailed the wet surfaces, puddles and the rain at a distance, but up close it looks like the distance effect but right at you. Very laggy and gif-like. It doesn't look like raindrops and there is barely anything at all super close to you so when you look down at the ground you can't see any rain drops breaking on the surfaces. An effect similar to crysis 3 and red dead redemption 2 would really bring the rain inline with the game’s other fancy visuals.

Last edited:
You’ve nailed the wet surfaces, puddles and the rain at a distance, but up close it looks like the distance effect but right at you. Very laggy and gif-like. It doesn't look like raindrops and there is barley anything at all super close to you so when you look down at the ground you can't see any rain drops breaking on the surfaces. An effect similar to crysis 3 and red dead redemption 2 would really bring the rain inline with the game’s other fancy visuals.

Barely not barley. And can you post some screenshots about what you are talking about? Or link to some crysis 3 and RDD 2 rain I guess. I wonder what makes them so special.

It doesn't look like raindrops and there is barley anything at all super close to you so when you look down at the ground you can't see any rain drops breaking on the surfaces.
I think I understand the thing that you are saying. Currently there are no rain splash particles in the game and tbh nobody cares about it. Since it's not a big deal (There are however Rain ripple effects on the puddles and bodies of water) The rain particles are also very small when you are near them and again, nobody really cares about it. But it would be nice if they increased the length of the rain particles a little bit. However even with these two "Issues" I don't think that the rain effects look bad. But you can try using the mod that @manoj_k30 recommended for better rain effects if you like.:)

"DEAR CDPR CAN WE PLEASE GET A GOOD RAIN EFFECT?"

Speaking about rain, has everyone noticed that when it rains, NPCs now walk around with umbrellas? Didn't even noticed at first. That's freaking awesome! Haha, bet people are gonna ask next for different colored umbrellas. You'll see.

"DEAR CDPR CAN WE PLEASE GET A GOOD RAIN EFFECT?"

Speaking about rain, has everyone noticed that when it rains, NPCs now walk around with umbrellas? Didn't even noticed at first. That's freaking awesome! Haha, bet people are gonna ask next for different colored umbrellas. You'll see.
I think they always did. But maybe the difference between rain and not rain used to be different.
Speaking of current, I think the rain as far as what comes down from the sky is fine, when looking horizontally at buildings and stuff. However when looking upwards it appear to 'show' less so, but I can't say for sure when viewing against a cloudy sky.

Top Bottom