Death Stranding

+
Death Stranding

So, since nobody seems to have mentioned it yet... did you see the reveal trailer for Hideo Kojimas new game? Death Stranded?

For the people who do not know who Hideo Kojima is, he is the guy behind the Metal Gear games (amongst a few other games as well, but he is most known for MG). He has probably in one way or another worked in on every single Metal Gear game that has ever been made. He was going to be behind the next Silent Hill game, befor it was cancelled by Konami. A game which showed promis because he was the one who made "P.T" the "playable teaser" for the game. There was a lot of things which went on there, which eventually had him leave Konami and start up his own company, Kojima Productions.

Kojima is also often considered to be one of the best game developer to come out of Japan. And for people who love things like conspiracy theories and trying to figure out what things might or might not mean in his games, then many of Hideos games are perfect for them.

So... back to Death Stranded. I think he has done it again. It's vague, it's disturbing, it's full of hidden meanings that people could sink their teeth into trying to figure out... and it's awesome. Atleast from the little we have seen of it (since it is after all just a reveal trailer).

It also gave me a new favorit song! Which is always nice.

Last edited:
So, since nobody seems to have mentioned it yet...
'The General Videogame Thread', page 445, post #4446.

As for the reveal resp. the trailer itself - well, that certainly was something completely different.
And once again proof that Japan is still responsible for 'producing 78% of the world's weird shit. Since 1952.'

Absolutely no idea what was going on there. Even the opening William Blake quote didn't exactly help to shed at least a wee tiny little bit of light on things.
It probably may or may not be all just part of a dream sequence, considering the biblical apocalyptic imagery and Norman Reedus' unusually roided up appearance.

"It’s an amazing game. Along with the plot, characters, and game system, I’m brainstorming everything equally. Some parts are very new, so I’ll need to experiment with it."

"I won’t say that it’s an open-world title, but those that enjoy playing today’s AAA titles such as The Division and Uncharted will be able to play it smoothly. When it gets announced some may think that it’s not as way-out as they had expected, but I’m sure they’ll understand once they play it. The genre is action."
siliconera.com

The part with the comparison to The Division and Uncharted is a bit troubling, but if Kojima stays true to his earlier statements about a concurrent release on PC I actually might give this a spin when it's out.

'The General Videogame Thread', page 445, post #4446.
Well damn it... and I searched the forum and all for the games name, and found nothing... maybe I did something wrong with the search. Actually... for a moment I was actually writing the games name as "Death Stranded"... maybe that's what happend there. XD

As for the reveal resp. the trailer itself - well, that certainly was something completely different.
And once again proof that Japan is still responsible for 'producing 78% of the world's weird shit. Since 1952.'

Absolutely no idea what was going on there. Even the opening William Blake quote didn't exactly help to shed at least a wee tiny little bit of light on things.
It probably may or may not be all just part of a dream sequence, considering the biblical apocalyptic imagery and Norman Reedus' unusually roided up appearance.
I think in this case it is more a "From the minds of Kojima" more so then Japan per say... he just happends to be from there. XD

Kojima has always had a certain style and all. Especially a lot of hidden messages and meanings in basicly everything... and this trailer is no exception to that. People have already been digging deep into everything in the trailer. I have not really done so my self, but then again I almost never do... I more tend to be just a consumer when it comes to most things I like and/or is interested in. XD

The part with the comparison to The Division and Uncharted is a bit troubling, but if Kojima stays true to his earlier statements about a concurrent release on PC I actually might give this a spin when it's out.

I have not played either, so I would not know. But a comparison to Uncharted is not something I find to be a bad thing really... even if I have not played it. That is not due to not wanting to, but more so that I am, and have been for almost 10 years now, almost exclusivly a PC gamer... I used to be a console gamer, but that started to change in early 2003 when I bought my first own computer... and currently I can't actually afford getting a console. So hopefully Death Stranding will also come out on PC... which is not compleatly certain yet... I have seen some say it is exlusive to PS4, and others say it will be on PC as well, so I don't know. But who knows... it's probably a somewhat long time till the game comes out (would not be surpriced if it's more then a year or two away... Kojima has not even chosen an engine for the game yet for example), so anything can happend and change in that time I think.

In any case... I am just happy for Kojima right now... he is finally free to do almost what ever he wants with his games... with possibly no corporate overlords hanging over him to tell him what he can and can not do... so that is always nice.

And that is actually something to think about... what would a game made by an untethered Hideo Kojima looks like? I mean even the MGS games he did under Konami where all pretty strange in many ways, filled with hidden meanings and messages and what not. But with possibly nobody to reign in Kojima's mind for a game of his... that would be something pretty interesting to see... ... actually... we have probably already seen some of that, with a Kojima not helt back by someone...

I mean a naked Norman Reedus on a beach with black sand... with a baby which has a black umbilical cord... that he possibly gave birth to him self... maybe? With loads of dead crabs, fish, and whales all around him, who all of them also seem to have a black ubilical cord connected to them... some of which leads out into the water... and everything seems to be smeared in crude oil or somehting... with 5... people?... floating in the air above the ocean, who then starts moving befor they fade out and disappear... I mean... if that is not a untethered Kojima, then I don't know what it. XD

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
If it does turn out to be compleatly PS4 exclusive... I don't mind really, even if I don't own a PS4 (I would if I could afford it, but I am mostly a PC gamer these days anyway)... yes it would be a shame if I was unable to play it... or no matter what the frak the game turns out to be, no matter if it is as crazy as the teaser or not... that teaser was... awesome.

That fact alone was the reason I even started this thread in the first place. XD

Hopefully the game is good... but even if it is not, this teaser still exists. XD

Top Bottom