"Defender"

+
Firstly, my account ID says that I have 9 messages here, so this should be my 10th and I'll be allowed to post like anyone else, right? I.e. in the right forums. When I first started posting here I had to "prove" that I wasn't a robot, which stopped happening after a while but returned yesterday, which really annoyed me. If you get really good user answers to questions on Reddit without having to prove that you are not a robot, then I would like to sign up for that! This website makes being a user just as grindy as playing the game itself, with 10 messages to reach Prestige or something.

Anyway, to get me to my tenth message, I'd be interested in advice on how to deal with Defender cards. Some of these units seem to have very low power but they pretty much nerf my decks anway. I haven't had a huge deal to do with these units and unfortunately you can't set the AI in Training to play that deck, I don't think, so practicing strategies against it isn't possible. It would be good to have some advice to avoid having that unit nerf my deck's crowd control units.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a RECAPTCHA feature, which is good. Hopefully with 10 messages up that's the last time I'll ever have to deal with that again. If not, here's hoping that Reddit will be better. If I get RECAPTCHA here again, I'll logout, maybe try again a few days later to see if it is still a requirement and if it is, go to Reddit, if they'll have me.

Purify them, destroy them, use AoE cards instead of single-targetting. But don't lock them -- though doing that can bait the opponent into using a Purify themselves (happened to me once). :cool:

(Moved to Gameplay.)

Purify them, destroy them, use AoE cards instead of single-targetting. But don't lock them -- though doing that can bait the opponent into using a Purify themselves (happened to me once). :cool:

(Moved to Gameplay.)

Thanks. I should have asked for more information about Defender as well. Does their ability to Defend continue even if you destroy them? Anything else I should know about Defender? If it's possible to capture a Defender, do they work for you side? I think I had another question about Defender which I forgot to ask but I can't remember it now.

I've also noticed that in the game Shield doesn't protect you from things like Bleed, which is annoying.

Yeah, shield protects from the one next source of damage, wherever it comes from. At the end of your turn, the bleed status ticks and inflicts 1 point of damage, removing the shield.
Armor though, does not protect against bleeding.

Where armor protects from any number but can be overcome by high damage, shield protects one time only, whether from 1 or 74 damage

(Moved to Gameplay.)

I'm currently playing Nil. I'm not sure that I have too many units that have Purify. Defender seems rare enough to face that it's not ideal to have units dedicated to combatting them. Ideally, for me, I'd want to have a faction deck which I can take to any match, no matter what the faction. Since you can't pick and choose who you play against (I've posted a thread asking for this), you would most likely be wasting a spot if you dedicate it to being able to Purify, it seems to me.

It's important for balance to have a deck you can take anywhere, not have specific decks to deal with specific factions/decks/cards, as in that case, you'd need dozens of decks and have no guarantee that the one you were using would work against the opponent you next face.

As for not locking Defenders, are you saying it may be worthwhile doing as your opponent can 'waste' a card unlocking them?

I started posting yesterday that I'm finding Nor decks OP. Just posted another comment on this a few minutes ago. Do you agree?

Getting them down to 5 power and using Muzzle at the right time in the right round, might be a good situation.

Top Bottom