Deleted

+
Sorry, but I just modded it out. And I modded the other quick hacks too. It's not the same as pre-2.0 but it's a step in that direction.

You gave a good write up and all, but really I just want to play the game. Not think of hack order on every single trash mob who now seems to have net runner abilities for some reason, even if they are unconscious.

Still I am finding it hard to play this game, not so much gameplay wise (now), just psychologically. I am just so upset over the hacking changes.

I'd be happy with anything at this point to improve the current iteration of it.

My personal favorite would be tracing only being a mechanic if a Netrunner is present on site. Which when taken out would make the entire location no longer traceable, thus creating this somewhat tactical approach of scouting the area first through cameras and such in order to find the group's dedicated Netrunner (to compensate slightly for the removal of Breach Protocol).

And by doing so have them be actual elites in the game which are resistant to hacks. Such as their ICE protections buffed (applies +X RAM to all quickhacks) and taking half damage/duration from them as well, to make the player put in some effort for lifting the ICE protection from the location's network.

And if not then whatever else idea surely can't be worse than the current tracing. Been playing for more than 50 hours now of pure Netrunning and never ever triggered tracing in my playthrough, yet I still hate it because the current iteration of it is awful by being a global timer that cannot be fully stopped while being performed by everyone, but also because of how stupidly easy it is to entirely avoid it or to delete it from the game by using Sonic Shock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom