Disney buys Lucasfilm for $ 4.05 Billion! Star Wars Episode VII to com

+
Star Wars was already destroyed, and quite frankly it was not that awesome to begin with either, except some parts of the Expanded Universe decade(s) ago (stuff like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Bane), which now is destroyed too.

So eh, why not, don't really care what happens to the franchise.

To be honest, I'm a far more forgiving fan of Star Wars than most people. I loved the Prequel Trilogy, even though it doesn't even come close to the Original Trilogy. I've had the Original Trilogy three times on VHS, once when I was kid they were stuck on one tape, then the 1994 re-release, and then the Special Editions in 1997. Picked up the movies again when they hit DVD in 2004. Nabbed the Prequel Trilogy on DVD once, and all 6 of them for one last time on Blu-Ray. I won't be buying them anymore. I grew up watching Star Wars and I'm a huge fan. I've got books, graphic novels, soundtracks, toys, games, even clothing and posters. So, yeah, I kinda like Star Wars. When I heard about this story today, I figured it was one of two options of getting George Lucas to give up Star Wars. One: Sell it off or 2: Die. I think selling it off to Disney was a really smart move. I'm amazed that they've announced a new movie already. Depending on who they get to write and direct the film, it could possibly be something outstanding, I'm hoping anyway. I think LucasFilm and Star Wars are in better hands right now. Disney has done an outstanding job with Marvel and Pixar, for the most part, and I really hope they give Star Wars the treatment it deserves.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Star Wars was already destroyed, and quite frankly it was not that awesome to begin with either, except some parts of the Expanded Universe decade(s) ago (stuff like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Bane), which now is destroyed too.

So eh, why not, don't really care what happens to the franchise.
Exactly. Let's be honest here people, all the star wars movies/shows/games/books in recent memory have sucked, with the exception of KOTOR1/2. Things can't possibly get worse for this franchise, so why the hell not? Go for it Disney.

Wait, it just clicked to me. Maybe the new trilogy can be about the Thrawn campaign?

That would be amazing, Thrawn is my favorite Star Wars character ever.

It's not possible to ruin a franchise that was tripe to begin with. And Lucas is a little whore. He's been whoring out this watered down excuse for Sci-Fi far too long anyway. If anything, Disney is an upgrade.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Wait, it just clicked to me. Maybe the new trilogy can be about the Thrawn campaign?

That would be amazing, Thrawn is my favorite Star Wars character ever.

Uhm...I'd be careful with what you wish. I love Thrawn as well but I'm afraid they'd just make him evil for cinematic purposes.

Then again I am VERY biased with regards to Hollywood since a great deal of what they've done recently has been SHIT.

Disney, you've got the ball, let's see what you do with it but can you please GET RID OF FUCKING LUCAS! I don't have a problem with him personally, I just don't want him involved in anything related to Star Wars or Indiana Jones ( which I love more then Star Wars actually ).

Misa comin baack!

Dragon said:
Exactly. Let's be honest here people, all the star wars movies/shows/games/books in recent memory have sucked, with the exception of KOTOR1/2. Things can't possibly get worse for this franchise, so why the hell not? Go for it Disney.

Well, the last thing i really enjoyed form Star Wars IP was "Lego Star Wars" So im with you on this one.

They cant go below Episode 1, Clone Wars, ToR or SW Kinect in my eyes.

Did someone yelled "Challange accepted!" ?? Oh boy...

Edit: Also, maybe, somehow this means we get rid of things like Ewoks and Jar Jar...

That's the point, everyone accepted that starwars is dead franchise. Rebooting this franchise is like digging it's grave took body from it and raping it FOR SECOND TIME. There is a line, and if you cross that line you should let go, that line was crossed with prequels few times and with some other mediums, everyone accepted that lucas just let it go, but noo lets rape this franchise once more.

Dragon said:

Don't be so harsh. X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, X-W vs. T-F and X-W Alliance are among the best space sims out there.
But it can't get any worse. Lucas ruined Star Wars with Ep. I-III., so I guess there is at least a faint hope that the new Star Wars movie might actually be slightly better than the last ones... a very faint hope.
A Thrawn trilogy would stir my interest - I loved the novels back in the day - but there is the problem that the novels are set pretty soon after the Battle of Endor, so you'd need new actors for Han, Leia, Luke etc., I guess Disney will shy away from such difficult decisions...

Oh, and when I hear/read/see Disney, I always have to think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-snfaG2JH8

I personally want to see revan's story (which Bioware really fucked up by making him and other characters into dungeon bosses) not not the republic shit

Top Bottom