DLSS doesn't work

+
Why DLSS in game doesn't change FPS at all? I tried all types of DLSS. FPS always the same. My graphic card INNO3D RTX 3090 iChill X4.

So with a RTX 3090, you may not have too many problems to have a good framerate :)
I'm not an expert, but for more details :
When you said "it's always the same", it's stable to one value ?
(for said a random number, like always at 60FPS)
If yes,
You don't have an option activated to "limit" your FPS ? In-game like VSync or in your Nvidia control panel.

if the fps is the same then its limited too that fps. V-sync? Max fps lock? What resolution/settings are you playing on? Even a 3090 can barely break 50-60 fps on max in 4k for example with balanced/quality DLSS. Turn of RTX and its 80.

I always get this weird strobe like effect with the lighting after 15 minutes of gameplay. Once I turn it on ultra settings it goes away.

Yeah I guess DLSS is broken. When I enable DLSS, graphics become worst, LODs are become more noticable and tons of ghosting/blurry textures. It is not what DLSS suppossed to do, it's probably a bug. I finished the game without DLSS with 45FPS in ultra settings with RTX2060.

So with a RTX 3090, you may not have too many problems to have a good framerate :)
I'm not an expert, but for more details :
When you said "it's always the same", it's stable to one value ?
(for said a random number, like always at 60FPS)
If yes,
You don't have an option activated to "limit" your FPS ? In-game like VSync or in your Nvidia control panel.
It's not 60. It's around 60 and can be little more. I don't have 60FPS limit

if the fps is the same then its limited too that fps. V-sync? Max fps lock? What resolution/settings are you playing on? Even a 3090 can barely break 50-60 fps on max in 4k for example with balanced/quality DLSS. Turn of RTX and its 80.
There is no limit. 1080p. DLSS doesn't change FPS when it enabled in performance or disabled at all.

Yeah I guess DLSS is broken. When I enable DLSS, graphics become worst, LODs are become more noticable and tons of ghosting/blurry textures. It is not what DLSS suppossed to do, it's probably a bug. I finished the game without DLSS with 45FPS in ultra settings with RTX2060.
Same thing. DLSS just gives me blurry textures but not FPS burst.

I wouldent say DLSS is broken since it pretty much doubles fps. It has some visual fidelity issues like all this kinda tech does. I generaly play on balanced DLSS since quality doesent give enough of a boost and going too preformance gets pretty blurry. Turning Rtx off gives about a 50% boost in fps for me too so this new stuff isent that optimised yet is my guess. At 4k with balanced DLSS and every setting maxed i cant tell much differance from native unless i really stand still and look so its doing its job of tricking you and boosting fps but its not perfect. dunno how it is on lower res tho and the one time i tested 1080p with DLSS it was blurry as hell.
Post automatically merged:

There is no limit. 1080p. DLSS doesn't change FPS when it enabled in performance or disabled at all.

Weird. Sounds more like an bottleneck then dlss. is your cpu pinned at 100% usage while playing?

Last edited:

What CPU and RAM do you have?

DLSS is not broken, it's working fine. It certainly doesn't change the LOD or make textures look blurry. In quality mode you can barely differentiate it from native mode honestly, while it doubles the FPS. It's a remarkable technology that should be appreciated.

DLSS is not broken, it's working fine. It certainly doesn't change the LOD or make textures look blurry. In quality mode you can barely differentiate it from native mode honestly, while it doubles the FPS. It's a remarkable technology that should be appreciated.
It's not work fine! It's doesn't work at all. Do you even read my messages? Why did you write your useless message? Because I don't appreciate DLSS?

What CPU and RAM do you have?
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM: 2 x AMD DDR4-2666 8192MB

It's not work fine! It's doesn't work at all. Do you even read my messages? Why did you write your useless message? Because I don't appreciate DLSS?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM: 2 x AMD DDR4-2666 8192MB
You're running an RTX 3090 on a Ryzen 5 1600?? Your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU MASSIVELY dude, which is why DLSS can't help. With DLSS turned on, the internal resolution is lowered and then upscaled, which is great when you're bottlenecked by your GPU, but won't make any difference at all when the CPU is your bottleneck.

You need to upgrade to at least a Ryzen 5800x, better 5900x to use the potential of your graphics card.

So i just tested it myself. no dlss at 1080p =65 fps where i was (outside Cassis Ryders place) with quality Dlss same place =98 fps (v-sync locked) all other settings maxxed. the quality of the Dlss did less differance then it did at 4k tho since i guess it cant downscale as much.

Must be some problem with your settings/driver. Are you running mods? Tested repairing the game install trough gog/steam?

You're running an RTX 3090 on a Ryzen 5 1600?? Your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU MASSIVELY dude, which is why DLSS can't help. With DLSS turned on, the internal resolution is lowered and then upscaled, which is great when you're bottlenecked by your GPU, but won't make any difference at all when the CPU is your bottleneck.

You need to upgrade to at least a Ryzen 5800x, better 5900x to use the potential of your graphics card.
Yea a Ryzen 5 1600 seems a bit low too keep up with a 3090 but seeing no improvment at all is weird. or meby not. Or no your right. If the cpu cant feed the gpu it doesnt matter what you do with gpu settings i guess. Lower the res the more cpu bound your becomming.

I tried to use ryzen 7 3800x 2 days ago - didn't change anything. That's not the reason why DLSS doesn't work on my PC. I tried to use DLSS on my second PC with 2080+ryzen 7 3800x and DLSS works fine. So i put ryzen 7 with my 3090 and it didn't help. Then i tried to play game Control and there is same problem. DLSS doesn't change FPS. I don't understand why is this happens. Is there some other ways to check DLSS works properly? Maybe there is something wrong with my 3090 or something else. I need to figure out but i don't know how
Post automatically merged:

I tried 3DMark DLSS test and the difference between DLSS off and ON is 88FPS and 97FPS in 1080p Performance mode. I don't know if it's ok or no, but in games i didn't get even 10% FPS boost

Last edited:
That's because a Ryzen 7 3800x is still too slow for your RTX 3090. The 3800x can't keep up and bottlenecks your system before your 3090 gets a chance to take off and get a high boost from DLSS. If anything, you would only notice a slight boost in 4K with DLSS in quality mode.

Like I said before, you need at least a Ryzen 7 5800x, better Ryzen 9 5900x to utilize your RTX 3090 and then you will start seeing a massive FPS boost from DLSS.

On your other system with a 3800x + RTX 2080 you do see an FPS boost from DLSS of course, because the 2080 is much slower than your 3090, meaning in that system you're not bottlenecked by the CPU. A 3800x + RTX 2080 is a very well balanced system.

tbh a 3090 for 1080p is pretty much a waste. Your cpu wont ever keep up with that tbh. The higher the resolution the more Gpu bound you will get. Most games get cpu bound before they become gpu bond at 1080p. Kinda weird that you se no improvment but if you would increase too 1440p or 4k i think you would.

That is actually intended. Its working as it should. It is based on AI, and it "learns" to handle the image over time. It starts as terribly blurry and will get better after a while. You basically need to run the game longer with DLSS on for it to take effect.

Of course, this is very different to what normal people are used to..

If your already cpu bound in your fps lower resolution wont do anything. it will just make the issue worse. If you have a 1440p or a 4k tv or something test DLSS in cp2077 on that and see if it makes a differance. If it doesnt either something is wrong with your GPU or your pc (drivers/game files missing etc). benchmark isent cpu bound im guessing (havent used that benchmark myself so not totaly sure) Btw that test is in 1440p not 1080p too.

Top Bottom