DON'T care for more DLCs; I Just want npcs with better interaction mechanics and a more Beefy Ai

+
I suggest you read my comment again, carefully. Then attempt to understand what it says rather than spin it sideways.

GTA is not verically interesting no. If you CLEARLY read my post you would understand what I was getting. Your rebuttle shows you either didn't read or not understood it. I NEVER said GTA didn't have aircraft. I said aircraft are the only thing that add the illusion of it. The map by itself otherwise is flat, might as well be one story tall.

I think what the other guy is trying to say is that a game that is a decade older than CP77 did some things better than CP77, which is sort of a embarrasing on CDPR's behalf.

But the reason CDPR's game couldnt do some things as well as GTA V was the fact that the RedEngine was long in the tooth, hence why CDPR are moving to UE5.

Guest 4670038

I suggest you read my comment again, carefully. Then attempt to understand what it says rather than spin it sideways.

GTA is not verically interesting no. If you CLEARLY read my post you would understand what I was getting. Your rebuttle shows you either didn't read or not understood it. I NEVER said GTA didn't have aircraft. I said aircraft are the only thing that add the illusion of it. The map by itself otherwise is flat, might as well be one story tall.
You said, "The city is not vertically playable, that is only, and I mean solely 'saved' by the existence of aircrafts, but completely pointless outside the "lets shoot or crash into something"."

Well, I can think of at least one mission involving a helicopter in the main story that added non-pointless verticality. And I can't speak for every other GTA5 players, but I found it extremely entertaining infiltrating that airbase to hijack a fighter jet. Pointless to the main story? Yes. Enjoyable? You betcha. What I'm getting at though, is that GTA at least had controllable aircraft from the get-go and didn't have to depend on the customers modding them into the game later.

And as far as the map being "flat", what do you expect from a game nearly a decade older than CB2077? "Flatness" doesn't take away from the overall stellar gameplay and storyline. Also, GTA5 never once crashed on me for no damn reason. I'm jus' sayin'.:shrug:

Well, I can think of at least one mission involving a helicopter in the main story that added non-pointless verticality. And I can't speak for every other GTA5 players, but I found it extremely entertaining infiltrating that airbase to hijack a fighter jet. Pointless to the main story? Yes. Enjoyable? You betcha. What I'm getting at though, is that GTA at least had controllable aircraft from the get-go and didn't have to depend on the customers modding them into the game later.
I think you missed the point again...
Sure GTA5 did better for everything that you can do outside of quests to have fun, like visiting a stripclub, moutain bike races, car races, boat races, base jump and so on... But all of that is what make GTA5, a sandbox game, and for that, RockStar games are the best and don't have any rival, to the point that this type of games are named "GTA-like".
A type of game that CDPR never made and announced years before the release that Cyberpunk wouldn't be.
The same can be applied to Skyrim which is a "sandbox RPG" and The Witcher 3 which is a "story-driven RPG". There are a bunch of fun things that you can do outside quests in Skyrim that you can't do in The Witcher 3. They're just not the same kind of game and never will.

Guest 4670038

I think you missed the point again...
Sure GTA5 did better for everything that you can do outside of quests to have fun, like visiting a stripclub, moutain bike races, car races, boat races, base jump and so on... But all of that is what make GTA5, a sandbox game, and for that, RockStar games are the best and don't have any rival, to the point that this type of games are named "GTA-like".
A type of game that CDPR never made and announced years before the release that Cyberpunk wouldn't be.
The same can be applied to Skyrim which is a "sandbox RPG" and The Witcher 3 which is a "story-driven RPG". There are a bunch of fun things that you can do outside quests in Skyrim that you can't do in The Witcher 3. They're just not the same kind of game and never will.
No. No points missed. With the totality of comments from everyone involved here, I think I'm pretty much on point.

Also, as I've said, in many ways CB2077 is a mixture of sandbox and linear storytelling. Just like GTA5.
I think @BabaBooey88 described is succinctly with, ""AAA", Open world, life of crime, a vapid world of consumerism, big city, critique of capitalism, guns, sex, being a video game, etc. These two have more than enough in common where I think quite a few comparisons are reasonable."

Last edited by a moderator:
No. No points missed. With the totality of comments from everyone involved here, I think I'm pretty much on point.

Also, as I've said, in many ways CB2077 is a mixture of sandbox and linear storytelling. Just like GTA5.
I think BabaBooey88 described is succinctly with, ""AAA", Open world, life of crime, a vapid world of consumerism, big city, critique of capitalism, guns, sex, being a video game, etc. These two have more than enough in common where I think quite a few comparisons are reasonable."
Well...
With this reasoning, like I said, you can compare Skyrim and The Witcher 3... Medieval-fantasy, open world, magic, monsters/beasts, sword combats, ride horses, quests, kind of romances,... But in my opinion, both games are very different and comparing both would be like @GrimReaper801 said : "comparing apples to oranges".

But well... I guess you will be able to return in few years when the sequel of Cyberpunk will be released and make the same comments... Knowing that CDPR already announced that they will continue to make what they do the best, story-driven RPG games which obviously (for me at least) are not sandbox/GTA-like game ;)

Guest 4670038

Well...
With this reasoning, like I said, you can compare Skyrim and The Witcher 3... Medieval-fantasy, open world, magic, monsters/beasts, sword combats, ride horses, quests, kind of romances,... But in my opinion, both games are very different and comparing both would be like @GrimReaper801 said : "comparing apples to oranges".

But well... I guess you will be able to return in few years when the sequel of Cyberpunk will be released and make the same comments... Knowing that CDPR already announced that they will continue to make what they do the best, story-driven RPG games which obviously (for me at least) are not sandbox/GTA-like game ;)
We seem to be stuck in a loop here. How do I get off this ride...I should probably stop responding for a while.

Anyway, the whole "apples and oranges" thing has already been discredited. Some people only use that as a way to debunk someone else. The 'You can't compare the two, they're not the same' is completely nonsensical. Regardless of what CDPR (and Reaper) claims, CB2077 can be compared to every other game in known existence. The purpose of comparing is to note similarities/differences. The glaring difference in this particular instance being that Rockstar isn't known for releasing unfinished games.

And Lord willing I, or anyone else, won't have to make these same comments upon release of the second installment due to CDPR actually releasing it "When it's ready" and not a bug filled beta-test for early buyers.

Top Bottom