Doom 2016

+
Lots of misinformation on Denuvo. I won't defend it, all I can say is I had no technical issues with the game and it ran beautifully.

Lots of misinformation on Denuvo. I won't defend it, all I can say is I had no technical issues with the game and it ran beautifully.
Pretty much my thoughts. DRM is bullshit but I've never had any issues with Denuvo. Wouldn't pass on a game just because of it.

Forum veteran
The last news on Deunvo that I saw was about that it's already cracked.
I seem to remember reading that they change it up with every release, so getting past it in one game doesn't translate to every game with it being compromised.

Which, bizarrely enough, is a pretty compelling argument against supporting games that use it. I mean, I've seen a bunch of cases where devs have lost the source code to their games. What happens when that happens with one of these Denuvo games? They disappear forever, probably. No DRM-free release on GOG when they become old. No ability to play them 10-20 years down the line. It's a nightmare for game preservation on par with always-online DRM (and we've already lost games forever because of that), only without the short-term annoyances that get people in arms.

Which, bizarrely enough, is a pretty compelling argument against supporting games that use it. I mean, I've seen a bunch of cases where devs have lost the source code to their games. What happens when that happens with one of these Denuvo games? They disappear forever, probably. No DRM-free release on GOG when they become old. No ability to play them 10-20 years down the line. It's a nightmare for game preservation on par with always-online DRM (and we've already lost games forever because of that), only without the short-term annoyances that get people in arms.

As you can see in this thread, people don't look ahead, and are eager to support this with their money ;) That's why it lives on, despite being an insulting, unnecessary idea, which will make those games disappear in the end.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is not the best topic to post in, but there will be a gameplay reveal on Twitch for Doom Eternal, the sequel to this game in about an hour (16:00 UTC).

Guest 4310777

This game looks amazing. Played DOOM 2016 three times already.

Top Bottom