Dragon Age IV

+
I bought Mass Effect: Legendary Edition because I had never played any of the more recent Bioware games (played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 when I was younger). I thought Mass Effect 1 and 2 were masterpieces that sucked me in the same way that CD Projekt Red games do. I was super excited to start Mass Effect 3 and only got about two hours into the game before I quit. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were like playing through an award winning movie that had some corny, video game type things tossed in here and there. Mass Effect 3 felt like playing through a Michael Bay movie... they turned the combat experience up to ten and reduced the story down to a zero. Didn't even feel like the same people made the game - seemed so over the top and absurd from the get go, the dialogue was garbage and the characters/companions seemed to devolve.

Going to try to pick it back up again at some point.

I also played Dragon Age: Origins and that game was a masterpiece as well. Very well done - though certainly not as good as Baldur's Gate before it or games lik Divinity: Original Sin 2 after it (or the Witcher series, for that matter). But it was good! I tried playing through the other Dragon Age games and they just didn't grip me at all either.

All of that to say - I am going to wait for reviews before investing into anything Bioware makes. Right now they strike me as a once great studio that has been reduced to a shell of itself. There seems to be development problems and employee turnover. In addition they (for some odd reason) dropped their two big franchises in order to build something else entirely (Anthem) - which seems like it was a terrible idea from the start. That strikes me as CDPR randomly dropping The Witcher and Cyberpunk to make a MOBA completely unrelated to those two franchises, then wondering why it wasn't a big hit.

I hope it is good though! The old formula they had with DA:O and ME1&2 was something special.

I honestly think they should have just completely re-made DA:O and ME:1&2 rather than trying to build on to the franchises. I think those games would have been huge if they were completely re-done (much like Capcom has been doing with the RE series). They also already have incredible built in stories and characters - providing them an easy framework to build a game around and try to add even more depth to. Once that was complete I think they should have moved forward from that point and made 'new' ME/DA games.

Im hoping for a really good Dragon Age 4 ofc, having played all of Biowares RPGs DA:eek:rgins is probably my favorite one(Or kotor2). I do enjoy most of them even tho they went more into combat after the first Me/DA games. Story and characters are allways pretty nice but some of the games have the issue of rushed development(Da2 especially).

Da Inqusition was a step in the right direction again and i really enjoyed it. Im curious too see where we go next and im hoping they take there time this time around(seems they do). Sadly Bioware have the same issues CDPR has with alot of the oldtimers leaving, its just not the same company anymore. It can be a blessing or a curse and im hoping for the first.

Im hoping for a really good Dragon Age 4 ofc, having played all of Biowares RPGs DA:eek:rgins is probably my favorite one(Or kotor2). I do enjoy most of them even tho they went more into combat after the first Me/DA games. Story and characters are allways pretty nice but some of the games have the issue of rushed development(Da2 especially).

Da Inqusition was a step in the right direction again and i really enjoyed it. Im curious too see where we go next and im hoping they take there time this time around(seems they do). Sadly Bioware have the same issues CDPR has with alot of the oldtimers leaving, its just not the same company anymore. It can be a blessing or a curse and im hoping for the first.
I agree DAI was the last decent Bioware game, definitely better than 2. But please, PLEASE don't make the second female romance an NPC for f*ck sake.

BTW KOTOR 2 was actually made by Obsidian rather than Bioware, that's why it's so good and different

Top Bottom