[Suggestion] Game economics: extra vendors

+
As I explained in my main thread, economics in TW3 becomes pretty much broken after level 25 at best: you gain megaton of money (from loot, mostly) with next to no ways to spend it. This is a problem of most games, of course, but why not fix it at least here? This is why I have a few suggestions.

Money sink #1: witcher set diagram vendor. Add some "old retired witcher" somewhere at the edge of the world (Benek?), making his living by selling copies of all possible diagrams... at a decent price, of course - some 3x higher than common smiths.

Money sink #2: non-witcher diagram vendor, or maybe several vendors - just likewise, selling their stuff at high enough price. Yes, I know you can buy some diagrams from various smiths as it is now, but these are mostly useless trash. The idea is to place ALL existing diagrams for sale, including such items of power as Tir Tochair blade, Impera Brigade armor, Mahakaman trousers, Alder Folk boots and so on. And I mean fixed locations, not randomly appearing here and there (like potion formulae right now).

Money sink #3: an absolute vendor of formulae. I can even suggest a NPC which exists in the game already: fake priest at Electors' Square. Let him sell all possible potion / oil / bomb / decoction / substance formulae, much like Keira Metz and The Pellar sell all rune/glyph diagrams... with a single exception: he should sell it at 3x (5x?) normal price.

Money sink #4: monster part vendor. Might be the same "retired witcher", or maybe add it to halfling herbalist in Novigrad, or make a completely new vendor, who can sell any rare parts like Cockatrice stomach, Dark essence and so on - at 3x-5x higher price as well.

Money sink #5: mutagen vendor (same NPC as #3? or rather #1?). Would you like to purchase an arachas mutagen at level 10? You are welcome - just pay some 10k crowns!

Money sink #6: armor dye formulae vendor (some armorer in B&W content, grandmaster perhaps?) As these dyes count towards intoxication limit too, they should probably cost some 2-3k per formula. This option should become especially appealing with buffing Heightened Tolerance from 10 to 11% of increased toxicity threshold: with maxed Acquired Tolerance, all possible alchemy recipes and 11-12 out of 13 dye recipes learned Geralt should be able to drink 3 decoctions at the same time without permanent loss of health due to intoxication.

Of course, these extra vendors should probably be accompanied with increase of game difficulty (described in my above mentioned main post, part III.3): as it is now, there is just not enough challenge in the game to actually require all these items, even at highest difficulty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom