Driving is so clunky: keep car automatically on the road, like Roach in TW3?

+
I don't know how it is in the Cyberpunk world but in Shadowrun there is "GridGuide" that let's you drive autimatically. Would be nice to have something similar.

We do have something similar in-game already! Miiild spoiler ahead;

Delamain is supposed to be an AI-driven cab thingy and it drives you fine during certain Quests, sadly it seems like it's not an actual feature for the Free-roam... yet!

Delamain is supposed to be an AI-driven cab thingy and it drives you fine during certain Quests, sadly it seems like it's not an actual feature for the Free-roam... yet!
Stimmt! You are right. It's not exactly the same but maybe it'll come one day As a feature.

Stimmt! You are right. It's not exactly the same but maybe it'll come one day As a feature.
Well his quest line ends with you getting a personal "driver" that...needs to be driven by YOU. Literal missed opportunity. it's just another car

But then i won't get to see my mile-long airtime handwaving when I faceplant my Arch into another streetlamp and go s a i l i n g the friendly skies....

FWIW the autodrive feature should be trivial, it's how your vehicles get to you when you call them and its how the bogus NPC traffic navigates while it exists. It's just navmesh things. Personally i'll keep fishtailing my motorcycles like a feeb, i drive manually sometimes just to do it and play with my vehicles and hear the radio.

Then faceplant into a light pole.

Get a bike, the Akira bike handles like a dream.

That is actually what I did yesterday. It definitely has great handling
and is practically a steal.

But then again, I'd like to drive cars, too. I own the Caliburn for example.
In 3rd person it zips around like a pinball (mouse and keyboard), and in 1st
person I can hardly see the street, because super mercenary V is a midget
in cars.

That is actually what I did yesterday. It definitely has great handling
and is practically a steal.

But then again, I'd like to drive cars, too. I own the Caliburn for example.
In 3rd person it zips around like a pinball (mouse and keyboard), and in 1st
person I can hardly see the street, because super mercenary V is a midget
in cars.

The muscle cars are way more weighty.

It seems to me that being able to switch in & out of autopilot mode on your car would've been a no-brainer feature for this game. Especially since your vehicle drives to you automatically when you summon it and obviously it has that capability.

Especially since your vehicle drives to you automatically when you summon it and obviously it has that capability.

Yes, you're right. The capability of automatic driving is already in the game, albeit currently only available to NPCs and "vehicle-summons".

Would like cruise control. You would accelerate, and when you let go, it maintains that speed until you brake. Hope a modder makes that one of these days.

Coming from Witcher 3 I automatically assumed this would be in the game and was disappointed that it wasn't. CDPR this is no future without driverless cars! Elon Musk would not approve.

Actually a really good suggestion. Option to "auto travel" down roads by just holding accelerate, but off road would still be player controlled.

(have to fix the road pathing first though, as some areas cause the NPC cars to backup and crash, so it would probably do the same to player auto guided travel)

Top Bottom