driving motorcycle

+
I don't know if anyone's complaining, but in GTA when driving a motorcycle, if you so much as touched another vehicle slightly while driving a motorcycle you go flying and taking huge damage at the same time.

But in Cyberpunk you can straight up crash into another car, an immovable object, or whatever while driving a motorcycle and suffer zero consequences. Like no flying off the motorcycle and stuff.

Is this a bug?

To be fair i did fly when i crashed on a car.... But you'd have to be in a crazy speed for this to happen. It's ridiculous how V doesn't even get fazed when crashing onto a car even in low speed.

To be fair i did fly when i crashed on a car.... But you'd have to be in a crazy speed for this to happen. It's ridiculous how V doesn't even get fazed when crashing onto a car even in low speed.

Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature. Perhaps since V has cybernetics means he can grip the bike much harder than a normal person can, and with millisecond response time so a small crash wouldn't faze him, but then there are limits to that...

I like holding the break while throttling-up, then let off the break and drive over cars; or do little flips off curbs or walls. haha. :)

Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature. Perhaps since V has cybernetics means he can grip the bike much harder than a normal person can, and with millisecond response time so a small crash wouldn't faze him, but then there are limits to that...
Thank you, I'll just headcanon that, and tell the next one I see complain about this.
It's so easy to not break immersion, all you need is an excuse that would vaguely fit the setting (also known as imagination). No need for this realism nonsense at all!
I still maintain that immersion has absolutely nothing to do with realism anyway, but that it's simply a passive functionality of the players' brain. Not something a developer can conciously build into a game, but rather something a player can either conciously or subconciously open up to.

Motorcycles in CP are much sturdier and I have to admit I'm ok with that. I know GTA is more grounded in todays realism, but gameplay wise I'm not a fan.
Also, if I compare a GTA's Pegassi Bati versus CP77' CT-3X... Not difficult a choice. The CT-3X looks like a tank in comparson so that it is that much more sturdy I can believe it.
Also gameplaywise, I like it better, specifically because it adds little else.

Thank you, I'll just headcanon that, and tell the next one I see complain about this.
It's so easy to not break immersion, all you need is an excuse that would vaguely fit the setting (also known as imagination). No need for this realism nonsense at all!
I still maintain that immersion has absolutely nothing to do with realism anyway, but that it's simply a passive functionality of the players' brain. Not something a developer can conciously build into a game, but rather something a player can either conciously or subconciously open up to.

Man if anyone actually built a realistic game, it's going to tank because everyone's going to die within 5 minutes. Realism sucks, actually realism is boring. I read real war is 30 seconds of fighting but days and days of nothing. So if they made CP realistic it would be V going to his/her apartment, possibly petting the cat, and going odd jobs for fixers every so often, etc.. It would be boring as hell.

Actually there are times I hit a car head on with that default Hella car (I kinda like this car because it's the most controllable car I can find in the game) and my car would fly like I just drove over a ramp. Actually a lot of times I could just crash into cars with zero damage (in GTA you'd fly out the windshield, like nobody wears seat belts in GTA). There are times where as you are driving a car would just roll over for no reason, trees would bend over like there's a hurricane, etc.

There's lots of bugs to fix for sure.

I got T-boned by a truck, which threw me off my bike, doing about 1/5 health in damage. My bike even got stuck under the truck and caught on fire!

But the immersion was broken when I walked away about 20 feet and summoned THAT SAME BIKE! While it was still stuck and burning under the truck! At that point I guess I technically had two copies of it? Either way, I drove off, both of us good as new.

Man if anyone actually built a realistic game, it's going to tank because everyone's going to die within 5 minutes. Realism sucks, actually realism is boring. I read real war is 30 seconds of fighting but days and days of nothing. So if they made CP realistic it would be V going to his/her apartment, possibly petting the cat, and going odd jobs for fixers every so often, etc.. It would be boring as hell.

Actually there are times I hit a car head on with that default Hella car (I kinda like this car because it's the most controllable car I can find in the game) and my car would fly like I just drove over a ramp. Actually a lot of times I could just crash into cars with zero damage (in GTA you'd fly out the windshield, like nobody wears seat belts in GTA). There are times where as you are driving a car would just roll over for no reason, trees would bend over like there's a hurricane, etc.

There's lots of bugs to fix for sure.
There are some games that handle vehicle physics really well (I don't know the name of them, just seen the videos randomly on Youtube) and I've tried driving "sensibly" in this game and it's possible, albeit annoying when the AI decides it should stop moving at a green light, so I think it's possible for CP2077 to do better physics and still be just as fun (perhaps more fun actually...) These other games, you can see the car realistically crumble on impact and then its performance realistically changes and writing off a car in an epic crash definitely has its appeal. And CP2077 has no licensing issues, so it's purely down to developer design decisions that we don't have this.

The vehicle physics, on a sliding scale from unrealistic to ultra realistic, have a long, long way to move up that scale before it gets to "too realistic to be fun" and they absolutely could behave a lot better. But I just don't think it's a priority and the game feels fine as it is now (although the 1.5 changes appear to have introduced tons of understeer on many vehicles, rendering them awful at speed, even the Porche :( ... except for the Caliburn which is now both the fastest and the best at cornering in the entire game).

Bikes are still king, despite handling poorly on cornering. And that includes being able to smash up trucks with the front tyres :D I just assume my vehicles are all chromed up with Gorrilla arms or something.

My favourite thing to do on a bike is ride full speed at a set of stairs and use them like a ramp.

Top Bottom