Dying Night weapon bug

+
Hi, I saw that the gun 'Dying Night' was available in Wilson's shop again and I bought it, I then noticed after awhile I'm not able to dissemble, drop, store or sell this gun. It's stuck in my inventory with a small yellow exclamation mark on it, I hope this get's fixed soon it's extremely annoying.

I have a near identical issue except in my case I ended up with two and the second is bugged in the way you described. I had already stashed the first one but Wilson gave me a second one when I checked his shop after stashing the first.

So I figured out how this bug occurs . I restarted to the point of first getting the GUN quest and the DYING NIGHT .

what happened is this IF YOU run pass by WILSON when he says the line about having your .45 gun, IF YOU do not grab the gun right then , you sequence break when he is talking to you and the bug happens after .

The weapon stays bugged as a quest item just because of this line you didn't hear from him . I went back into my other save before I picked up the gun and because I never heard him say that line the gun has the QUEST Exclamation point on it .

I do not know how to fix it after you pick the gun up but at least I Found the root of the problem .Dang it , I guess if you guys would put tickets about the bug to CDprojeckt we can at least bring it to their attention .

I initially thought this was a bug and I only just found out, going into the last set of missions, that it is not.
No spoilers, but something from the last few missions caused me to try something out... Et voila!
My Dying Night weapon is now in my stash.
How? Craft the upgrades.
It's as simple as that.
My Dying Light was an uncommon rarity. I crafted the Rare, Epic and Legendary version and the quest icon disappeared.
Job done. 😊

Top Bottom