Engine sounds (or noises more like)

+
I don't if anyone else feels this but the noise most cars make is too loud and also it feels like the engine is being forced all the time (i.e. like when you push the pedal to the floor and get too high rpm without changing the gear). I really would expect cars, especially luxurious ones to be more silent. In fact, most cars sound like a motorcycle without a muffler. It is disconcerting to be driving a Colby, Galena or Hella even at modest speed and having it going VRRRROOOOOMMMM all the time. Let alone the sports cars that go ZZZIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG all the while. The only vehicles that seem right are motorcycles, because they sound like they should, i.e. like a motorcycle without a muffler.
Now THIS is something that the devs could really fix in a future update if they wanted to.

It's the thing with most games because it sounds cool but yeah they do seem to be a little bit too loud. Especially when I'm driving normally to enjoy the views and sounds of Nightcity and all I can hear is vroom vroom all the time. Like you said the only thing that does sound all right is the bikes it really could be something CDPR could consider.

The bot vehicles (the cars you see all around as traffic) make normal sounds, it is only V's car that is excessively noisy. While in some cases a vehicle making a powerful engine noise can be cool, each car should have an appropriate sound. For example, the little, let us call "family" cars should make a noise more like a muffled rrrrrrrr. Luxury cars should have a low, pleasant humming, barely noticeable. Big guzzlers like those the Maelstrom favor should be a powerful but muffled BRRrrrrr... Pardon the lyrics.
Ditch the broken gearbox noise!

yea i guess the cars like the Herrera outlaw and Rayfeild caliburn i hope i pronounced those right but they should stay as they are with slight tweaks since the Herrera is a luxury car or classes as one. some of the npc cars like the Mahir supron sometimes have a loud engine and the Villefort cortes but they are the only ones i notice that do the rest make normal sounds. Family cars could use work to make as you say a rrrrrrr sound and the maelstrom vehicles having muffled BRRrrrrr sounds. Then we have gearbox noises i reckon they should at least keep the ones of the bikes since i like hearing that gear change especially on the Yaiba Kusanagi nothing wrong with the gear changes on that thing. But some of the cars should say have a gearbox whine instead of hearing the gear change or have the gear change sound when we are in 1st person in cars since its where the gearshifter is. But yes the gearbox noises are a bit dodgy sometimes they just fade out it really should of been fixed by now hopefully in the near future maybe.

Top Bottom