Making bonus content optional (just like Silverhand's alternate character model)

+
I have the preorder bonus for Phantom Liberty that gives you a free car. It works, I have no technical issues with it. However, I do wish I could opt out of it.

The reason for this lies with act two, when you for a while lose the car you bought during the game's intro sequence. I love this part of the game because it kinda forces V to make their way into the world without a car for a bit, maybe jack one, maybe save up some cash for a different, early game car. The DLC car makes all the early cars, heck a chunk of early content progression, obsolete.

There is no incentive left to experience those cheap, dingy vehicles. No absolute necessity. So, if it's not too much trouble, I would like to be able to toggle it off, like you can with for example Johnny Silverhand's alternate character model.

There is probably more content like this. Anyway, I hope you will consider. Immersion really counts with this game. Thanks.

I totally agree. In fact, I would prefer this be done with all DLC freebies. Both from the base game and the Expansion pack.

However, I am fine with those that are free clothes since they do not affect gameplay progression.

I didn't know they set the bar for moderators so high here.
Take it easy there killer, we're all chooms here.

idk about GOG but on Steam it's under the DLC tab for the game. Gives you a checkbox so I'm assuming you can uncheck it to be rid of your free car if you prefer that to just imposing a rule on yourself about it.

Happy edgerunning.

Initially I really thought that the lottery message we get for the car was supposed to be our way of choosing whether we wish to accept or refuse the preorder. Even though it is quite hilarious "dealing with Customer Service" and trying to tell them no while receiving nothing but automated replies, it would have been nice if it was actually a way to accept or refuse the car.

Personally speaking though; the preorder Quadra handles soooooo bad that I refuse to drive it even after getting my vehicle smashed by Delamain. 35 hours in and I still walk everywhere in Night City :LOL:

I have the preorder bonus for Phantom Liberty that gives you a free car. It works, I have no technical issues with it. However, I do wish I could opt out of it.

The reason for this lies with act two, when you for a while lose the car you bought during the game's intro sequence. I love this part of the game because it kinda forces V to make their way into the world without a car for a bit, maybe jack one, maybe save up some cash for a different, early game car. The DLC car makes all the early cars, heck a chunk of early content progression, obsolete.

There is no incentive left to experience those cheap, dingy vehicles. No absolute necessity. So, if it's not too much trouble, I would like to be able to toggle it off, like you can with for example Johnny Silverhand's alternate character model.

There is probably more content like this. Anyway, I hope you will consider. Immersion really counts with this game. Thanks.

Yeah, I agree. It would have been better to receive the car bit later or need to do something to get it, but then we would probably have plenty of people complaining they didn't receive their preorder car immediately.

Same goes for all the bonus clothing you receive right in the beginning of Act 1, even though now it really is just for visual aesthetics and serves no gameplay purpose whatsoever.

But I like how they implemented the two DLC jackets Vik gives you by having couple of messages from him. Feels more natural and immersive.

It's weird since the car is also available at Maumar's car store, could have been coded as free, like a free voucher code, rather than just dumping it in our car inventory. That way, people who want the car can just buy it from their apartment computer right off the bat and people that want the Hella experience, complete with the Delamain insurance/repair thing can do so, too.

You could just not use the car. Pretend it doesn't exist. It's that simple.

You can even take it somewhere in the middle of nowhere and leave it there, so it's out of sight.

Yeah... you know that the feature is "so great" when the solution is to just ignore it, as a self-imposing rule. :sneaky:

Objectively speaking, game progression has worsened due to having those freebies, and not having them, as a freebee, is a total legit request.

And no, they can not be disabled with GoG version.

You could just not use the car. Pretend it doesn't exist. It's that simple.

You can even take it somewhere in the middle of nowhere and leave it there, so it's out of sight.
I know, right? Shocking.

Even better, if the person knows they'll get the car early by pre-ordering, maybe they can... you know, not pre-order? They're gonna buy the expansion anyway.

Initially I really thought that the lottery message we get for the car was supposed to be our way of choosing whether we wish to accept or refuse the preorder. Even though it is quite hilarious "dealing with Customer Service" and trying to tell them no while receiving nothing but automated replies, it would have been nice if it was actually a way to accept or refuse the car.

Personally speaking though; the preorder Quadra handles soooooo bad that I refuse to drive it even after getting my vehicle smashed by Delamain. 35 hours in and I still walk everywhere in Night City :LOL:

I'm glad it's not just me a my bad driving.

Last night I did the Cyberpsyco sniper on the docks mission. It was on my way to starting PL in Dog Town. It's a super short drive away. I reloaded 4 times because I kept loosing control and killing people :ROFLMAO:. It was ridiculously ridiculous. I should should give up but I'm determined to master this car.

I'm glad it's not just me a my bad driving.

Last night I did the Cyberpsyco sniper on the docks mission. It was on my way to starting PL in Dog Town. It's a super short drive away. I reloaded 4 times because I kept loosing control and killing people :ROFLMAO:. It was ridiculously ridiculous. I should should give up but I'm determined to master this car.
Half steering sensitivity and I can mostly handle this beast. It's a lot of fun.

Don't hold the gas and steer, don't lock the brakes, power out of your slides. The key combination for doing donuts can sometimes cheat you out of a bad slide and give you unearned traction.

Thing's an adrenaline machine.

It's just flavouring, I'm not overly hung up on it. Maybe we'll be able to remove car clutter from our HUD menu some day, I'll be just as happy.

It had to be said, V accumulates an awful lot of cars via job rewards and stumbling across them. It's a little bonkers. I feel like someone in V's situation would have sold most of them. Could use the eds.

It was easier when I could see the car in person first. Now there is even less to go on, without save scumming that is.

It was easier when I could see the car in person first. Now there is even less to go on, without save scumming that is.
Yeah, I also much more preffered the system introduced in 1.5 (I think), where you progressively got text messages from various fixers offering you new cars depending on your street cred and you had to go to the location and buy in the car in person.

Much more immersive and gave you opportunity to check the car in person if you actually like it (at least from the outside).

Not to mention the texts were interesting to read as well, really liked reading a bit about each vehicle as they became available.

I don't mind it. I tend to pick it for him after his turning point, when you have that chat at his 'grave'. New times, new Johnny.

Top Bottom