Expected implants and weapons?

+
Don't know if such thread already exist, but since im not all that well into the Cyberpunk universe, but it seems that some on the forum is. So maybe those people have some ideas of what implants to expect in Cyberpunk? I know that you can get those knife things to climb walls and that the player during the game play trailer had something done to their eye if im not mistaken.

Regarding weapons, I know of those bullets that can track a target and fly around corners. But are weapons in Cyberpunk, like modern day weapons just upgraded or are there laser weapons and weapons completely different from modern day?

Anyway if anyone knows or assume something, I think it could be interesting to hear.

Cyberpunk 2020 is mostly tweaks and upgrades to modern weapons like pistols, submachine guns, etc, but there are a handful of new futuretech type weapons like rail/antimatter/microwave weapons & mono-filament whips. Based on the trailer & demo descriptions I think we can expect 2077 to follow suit with most guns being like an advanced sub-machine gun or something that is ultimately based on something analogous with what we have today, but then having some rare special pieces that take it to the next level.

As far as cyberware goes, I'm mostly expecting the bread and butter pieces from the PnP game, which is to say imagine a mechanic in the game (reaction time, driving/hacking/shooting/other skill ability, damage resistance, etc) and give it a moderate boost. The PnP game has a whole host of other cyberware that are more about flavor than impacting mechanics like Braindance recorders, nano-groomers, & a minibar cyberleg that I'm not expecting to see much of in the game.

So cyberwares in the PnP are your skills and its through those you design your character or do they just affect skills you have already learned?

Just to be sure, are implants the same as those that have robotic parts, like that girl looking in the mirror that have removed her jaw or is that something else?

Don't know what braindance recorders or nano groomers are, but a minibar cyber leg, that would definitely be a winner :D

So cyberwares in the PnP are your skills and its through those you design your character or do they just affect skills you have already learned?

Just to be sure, are implants the same as those that have robotic parts, like that girl looking in the mirror that have removed her jaw or is that something else?

Don't know what braindance recorders or nano groomers are, but a minibar cyber leg, that would definitely be a winner :D
Your character learns skills and has stats separate from their cyberware, but then the cyberware usually gives those a benefit like I might naturally have a strength of 3, but then cyberware that gives me +1 to strength so now it is 4, and most actions are going to take into account 1 skill and 1 stat plus any bonuses from drugs or implants.

If a piece of cyberware improves a skill it is going to do so regardless if you have learned the skill or not, but mostly this covers skills that anyone could try even without training (they are going to be bad at it, but they can try it). An example is a Smartgun Link, this gives a bonus to any attempt to shoot a gun that has been enhanced to be a "smartgun" and the bonus is the same if you've never shot a gun before as it is if you shoot daily, the difference is if you are going from terrible to not-as terrible or really great to impossibly good. They have a lot that boost skill rolls, but also how quickly you go in combat, how well do you soak damage, that sort of thing too.

Implant is just a term for any piece of cyberware, so a smartgun link, the cyber bar, & probably the girl in the trailer's entire skull but at least her jaw/throat, are all implants.

Braindance is like a movie or VR game that is a full five sense experience that plays in your head through a computer, a braindance recorder lets you record the experiences you are going through as a braindance that you or others could relive later, one of my favorite parts of the genre. The nano-groomers are nanobots that you use for personal grooming, which is totally a valid use of advanced nanotechnology ;)

Hi,
I would like to see something more than just combat related implants.

There could be zoom implant, which just allows player to check something from distance,
maybe some phone implant - if there is some mechanic with phones in game,
or some minimap implant, etc...

Talking about that. On discord Lilayah confirmed that Cyberpsychosis will be in game but your character cannot go fully psycho , Other characters will though

Hi,
I would like to see something more than just combat related implants.

There could be zoom implant, which just allows player to check something from distance,
maybe some phone implant - if there is some mechanic with phones in game,
or some minimap implant, etc...
If CDPR follows the source books, and I'm sure they will, you can expect many more implants for things other than combat. Cyberoptics, cyberaudio, reflex and memory chips, etc...

They need to be off the wall with this stuff. The FP genre is full of predicable mechanics - one of the reasons I thought they should go with TP. I'm hoping when it comes to implants and gadgets CDPR really think outside of the box.

I expect a standard set of cyberarms with and without weapons.

But I would like a glitter ejector that surrounds the player in a cloud of shiny glitter that fouls up thermal and ultrasonic sight. With the obvious detriment if you use it while having either of those vision modes active.

Mantis blades are a good example of this done right. Badass melee weapons? Sure. But being able to climb walls like Spiderman, that's something else.
I'd like to see more of this, secondary use that opens up different approach to gameplay. Fire a line launcher from your hand that you can use for stealth assassinations. Arm that unfolds into a shield for protection, but you can also use it to break down doors.

Mantis blades are a good example of this done right. Badass melee weapons? Sure. But being able to climb walls like Spiderman, that's something else.
I'd like to see more of this, secondary use that opens up different approach to gameplay. Fire a line launcher from your hand that you can use for stealth assassinations. Arm that unfolds into a shield for protection, but you can also use it to break down doors.
Not too much though. I mean it doesn’t make much sense to climb with them an entire building or other over the top shit. Also, why would someone use blades or whatever (like katanas) when the enemy has guns ? I mean how does that make sense. Since you are still human and don’t run at the speed of light you will probably get fucked no ? Sure you can jump and all but still

Not too much though. I mean it doesn’t make much sense to climb with them an entire building or other over the top shit. Also, why would someone use blades or whatever (like katanas) when the enemy has guns ? I mean how does that make sense. Since you are still human and don’t run at the speed of light you will probably get fucked no ? Sure you can jump and all but still

Stealth kills. Guns are only useful if someone knows you're around and can shoot you before you can kill them. A lot of special forces units carry knives for that exact reason.

Stealth kills. Guns are only useful if someone knows you're around and can shoot you before you can kill them. A lot of special forces units carry knives for that exact reason.
Yeah but like, there’s a parry system and all that. How does it make sense ? Anyway. Talking about mantis blades, do you think the wallrunning ability makes sense ?

Actually they carry handguns with silencers that fire subsonic rounds for that exact reason.
A knife is a last resort weapon.

Yeah but like, there’s a parry system and all that. How does it make sense ? Anyway. Talking about mantis blades, do you think the wallrunning ability makes sense ?

You can't parry what you don't know is coming.

And, yeah, it can make sense to a limited degree. Magnetic boots would be better for it, though.

Actually they carry handguns with silencers that fire subsonic rounds for that exact reason.
A knife is a last resort weapon.

Silencers and subsonic rounds don't muffle sound that much. You pretty much have to be firing from inside a vehicle, or similar enclosed space with equal sound protection, in order to prevent the gunshot from being heard. If you need a stealthy kill without risking people hearing it, you don't use a gun period.

Silencers and subsonic rounds don't muffle sound that much. You pretty much have to be firing from inside a vehicle, or similar enclosed space with equal sound protection, in order to prevent the gunshot from being heard. If you need a stealthy kill without risking people hearing it, you don't use a gun period.
Oh?
Is it TOTALLY silent, of course not. But it's damn quiet.
Yes, there are times you need complete silence, but that uncommon.

Oh?
So, why blades and all that shit then ? Btw im so worried about the writing holy fuck. cheesy writing would kill the game for me (i know its not the right thread but you're pretty critical so yeah lol)

Oh?

I'm seriously hoping those rounds fired into the distance are blanks, as otherwise that is a video produced by what can be generously called a dangerous idiot. You don't ever fire into the distance like that if you're obeying basic gun safety. You can very easily kill someone that way, no matter what and who you think is in that direction. Basically, you provide a good example of what not to do when practice shooting.

Also, note that video takes place in the woods. Even with the likely silence from his madman-style shooting into the distance without being certain of his backstop, the woods are still going to have a lot of plant life to act as soft cover for sounds and help muffle noise and the open air helps diffuse the sound. Also note the woods are generally the last place anyone needs a silencer anyway, as any wooded area far enough away from civilization where you can shoot freely is also far enough away you don't generally have to worry about other people hearing you if you don't bother silencing the weapon.

Try it in an area where silencers are more likely to be necessary. You'll find the change in acoustics has a very heavy impact on the effectiveness of silencers. And on subsonic ammunition.

And, yes, I am speaking from actual experience.

I'm seriously hoping those rounds fired into the distance are blanks, as otherwise that is a video produced by what can be generously called a dangerous idiot.

"Guys this is an actual, marked shooting area deep in national forest land. There are five or six official shooting range areas marked by signs and carved out in spots with good backstops and such in this section of national forest that I frequent. I'm not just randomly in the woods shooting all over the place, I'm at a shooting area shooting towards a safe backstop. The view through the camera doesn't capture the bigger picture of how it's in a snug little canyon-like place with steep hills/cliffs on 3 sides and a firing line set up at the open side. "

"this comment thread shows a clear problem and mistake that I made. While I was perfectly safe, it obviously didn't look that way in the video to multiple people. My channel is super small, but I still am concerned about modeling safe, responsible behavior so if anyone gets the wrong idea from a video or, worse, "learns" from something portrayed accidently or poorly even if it wasn't the actual reality of the situation, it's a problem. So I appreciate the comments to that effect -- even if they were accusatory rather than questioning -- as they remind me to be careful about what things will look like through the limited view of the camera lens. "

Last edited:
Top Bottom