Fallout 4 teaser?

+
Fallout 4 teaser?

A teaser site registered to ZeniMax Media Inc appears to hint at a potential Fallout reveal on December 11, 2013. But all may not be as it appears.

TheSurvivor2299.com was uncovered by Reddit users, some of whom identified javascript code specifically calling out Fallout, as well as identified the page's morse code as a date. A whois directory search identifies ZeniMax Media -- which owns the Bethesda's developer/publisher divisions -- as the domain owner. Here's where it's worth considering this teaser site with a grain of salt.

ZeniMax registered both Wolfenstein's and The Elder Scrolls' domains through Corporate Domains Inc, while TheSurvivor2299 was registered with GoDaddy.com. Meanwhile, ZeniMax uses its own DNS servers for its registrations (ns1.zenimax.com) while TheSurvior2299 uses a separate, self-branded server: ns1.thesurvivor2299.com. Furthermore, the whois page for TheSurvivor2299 is also missing Corporate Service Company's Corporate Domains Inc promotion introducing ZeniMax's known, legitimate domains.

We'll find out in December whether these minor inconsistencies indicate the site is a spoof, or if it's something ZeniMax is genuinely working on. Bethesda declined to comment on whether or not it owned the web domain.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/is-the-survivor-2299-a-fallout-4-teaser

Yes please! (Of course it's only Bethesda and not Obsidian... but what the hell, I'll take about anything with Fallout written on it )

Good detective work but Zenimax is big into trademark/copyright just to be safe. I hope some kind of reveal will happen soon, it should be happening soon anyhow.

Aver

Forum veteran
M4xw0lf said:
Yeah, as we all know polish and computer games don't work together! :p/>/>

First of all, I just doubt that Bethesda would hire webdesigner from other country - there is too much hassle with work permits etc. Secondly, if they would, then he would have to be good enough to not be so unprofessional and put non-English words into the code.

However, this popped up a little while ago...

Source: http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/fallout-4-european-trademark-appears

Could be nothing, then again it could be.

Really hope Bethesdas version of Fallout 4 is successful, then maybe they'll have Obsidian make another proper Fallout sequel on the west coast.

Looks like a mod, still interesting , but it seems from memory that the trees are the same ones and even the outfit. I doubt Bethesda would do this.
Obsidian might get a a second chance to make a Lore friendly Fallout again.

You know, I'm pretty excited about this. I really liked Fallout 3, even though the main plot was dogshit. Haven't played New Vegas yet but I'm planning to play it.

So yeah. Can't wait to see trailers and articles. Hopefully Bethesda would have pulled their head out of their asses and actually improve the fucking gameplay. Because if not, I'm skipping it. I'm tired of playing shitty combat games. Dark Souls has raised the bar by so much, it's not even funny. Either design a game well or fuck off and clean the floors in McDonalds. The "open world" bullshit gimmick isn't impressive anywhere. They really need to step up their game. The roleplaying aspect of Skyrim was non-existent and the combat was... just fucking putrid. Awful. Pure analwaste.

If it's not shit, then we'll see. I ain't expecting much though...

HomemComH said:
Fallout 3 is a fucking abomination.

Get outta here!

I loved FO3, despite the copy/paste areas. I can get drawn into a Betheda game so easily. Well, except Skyrim.

We all know FO4 is coming, but they're keeping a tight lid on it. So far I heard it might take place in the Boston area and have a cyberpunkish theme. I hope both those rumors are true.

MarcAuron said:
Obsidian might get a a second chance to make a Lore friendly Fallout again.

Not that I'm against this, Obsidian taking on the West while Bethesda handles the East. But exactly what makes 3 not lore friendly? It seems like it's a contained story in a new area within the same universe. Is it the inclusion of the Enclave?

I've not played the previous Fallout games but 3 made me fall so in live with the universe that I did a lot of reading on the other games, naturally I could have missed something that conflicts.

Fallout 4 teaser site updated with gibberish, says “Nuclear Winter has come”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/03/fallout-4-teaser-site-updated-with-gibberish-says-nuclear-winter-has-come/

HomemComH said:
Fallout 3 is a fucking abomination.
I didnt like fallout 3 also... very cheesy character animation (more like sliding)It was more first person, than 3rd person view. and some disturbing dialogues (and I dont speak about bad mouthing).

But I cant wait for fallout 4, because it will be a bit better than skyrim and skyrim character animations, etc... was nice.

GeraltofCyrodiil said:
Fallout 4 teaser site updated with gibberish, says “Nuclear Winter has come”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/03/fallout-4-teaser-site-updated-with-gibberish-says-nuclear-winter-has-come/
Reddit has decoded it: "THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-"

Top Bottom