Farseer not boosting

+
So on Vran warrior you added precise explanation how cards works but totally did not think this should be mentioned in Farseers description?
Let people find out on their own ... is this a way of nerfing Scoiatel?

CDPR Team, please, fix the work of the card "Farseer"

The card "Farseer" doesn`t boost self from an ability of the card "Vrihedd dragoon" while playing against squirrels. And these bugs users are already boring. Take care of the nerves of the players, please, correct this bug. Because of it, there are always defeats against these bugs users. And their victories are undeserved.

Paul_M_Newman thread merged

4RM3D;n10176142 said:
That's because, since the Midwinter patch, the positioning of the Farseers matter. They should be placed after the unit that is buffing. So, to be safe, place the Farseer at the bottom right corner.

pretend your playfield is an english book with 3 pages: "at the beginning of the turn", "during your turn", and " and "at the end of your turn". each unit is a word, each row is a sentence, boons//hazards are periods. All automatic effects proceed in reading order. Farseer only triggers it's effect something before it in the book caused a boost. if it occurs after it in the book, it's ignored.

rrc

Forum veteran
Farseer is broken and doesn't work consistently.

Has anyone faced an issue with Farser? Sometimes Farseer will not boost herself even if there is a Dragoon on board and is boosting units in hand. This has happened many many times: I have a Farseer and a couple of Dragoons in my hand. I deploy the Farseer first and then a Dragoon. Farseer doesn't get boosted. When I deploy the second Dragoon, she will start to boost herself. But sometimes she starts boosting and working as expected from the beginning. It is like, there is some trigger which doesn't get triggered sometimes. I am sure many would have faced it. Can you guys please confirm is there is any known issue/bug reported for Farseer?

It is a fantastic card, but is very very reliable as it is buggy. Please fix it. Dear CDPR devs, it is very easy to reproduce. Play a couple of games with Farseer and you can easily hit the issue.

rrc;n10964456 said:
Has anyone faced an issue with Farser? Sometimes Farseer will not boost herself even if there is a Dragoon on board and is boosting units in hand. This has happened many many times: I have a Farseer and a couple of Dragoons in my hand. I deploy the Farseer first and then a Dragoon. Farseer doesn't get boosted. When I deploy the second Dragoon, she will start to boost herself. But sometimes she starts boosting and working as expected from the beginning. It is like, there is some trigger which doesn't get triggered sometimes. I am sure many would have faced it. Can you guys please confirm is there is any known issue/bug reported for Farseer?

It is a fantastic card, but is very very reliable as it is buggy. Please fix it. Dear CDPR devs, it is very easy to reproduce. Play a couple of games with Farseer and you can easily hit the issue.

This is probably because of the placement. Row placement takes part in the triggering of active abilities. Specifically, the game "checks" for abilities from left to right, and from melee row to siege row. So if you play a farseer on the melee row and a dragoon on the ranged or siege row, the farseer won't boost because of the order that the abilities take place (the game will check for abilities on the melee row first, and with nothing boosted yet, the farseer's ability won't trigger. Then the game moves on to the ranged and siege rows, and the dragoon's ability triggers)

Be mindful of the row placement of your units if you want to take advantage of the dragoon + farseer combo :) Dragoon needs to be either on a row in front of the farseer(s) or to their left, in order for the farseer to properly boost self :)

This is indeed because of placement, but this is still a bug and should be addressed by CDPR.

Esmer;n10964465 said:
This is indeed because of placement, but this is still a bug and should be addressed by CDPR.

The term bug suggests it is not working as intended, while actually it is. It's just not clarified adequately by CDPR that this is indeed how it works.

ser2440;n10964645 said:
The term bug suggests it is not working as intended, while actually it is. It's just not clarified adequately by CDPR that this is indeed how it works.

The description is already complicated as it is: "If any of your other allies or units in hand are boosted during your turn, boost self by 2 on turn end."

I guess we all want Gwent to succeed, so it's pretty obvious that simpler descriptions and simpler mechanics are the way to go.

P.S. I saw Swim losing a game because his Nekker didn't go where he thought he'd go after being eaten. If players like him lose games because of complicated mechanics, what can you say about midcore and casual players who are always the majority?

Esmer;n10964774 said:
The description is already complicated as it is: "If any of your other allies or units in hand are boosted during your turn, boost self by 2 on turn end."

I guess we all want Gwent to succeed, so it's pretty obvious that simpler descriptions and simpler mechanics are the way to go.

P.S. I saw Swim losing a game because his Nekker didn't go where he thought he'd go after being eaten. If players like him lose games because of complicated mechanics, what can you say about midcore and casual players who are always the majority?

I'd say that's a problem of descriptions and mechanics. Like you said, definitely a problem. But not a bug still. But anyway, this is off-topic for this thread :)

rrc

Forum veteran
devivre;n10964567 said:
Threads merged

I didn't know this thread existed. I searched for Fraseer I think and I couldn't find. So created a new thread. Sorry about that.

ser2440;n10964462 said:
This is probably because of the placement. Row placement takes part in the triggering of active abilities. Specifically, the game "checks" for abilities from left to right, and from melee row to siege row. So if you play a farseer on the melee row and a dragoon on the ranged or siege row, the farseer won't boost because of the order that the abilities take place (the game will check for abilities on the melee row first, and with nothing boosted yet, the farseer's ability won't trigger. Then the game moves on to the ranged and siege rows, and the dragoon's ability triggers)

Be mindful of the row placement of your units if you want to take advantage of the dragoon + farseer combo :) Dragoon needs to be either on a row in front of the farseer(s) or to their left, in order for the farseer to properly boost self :)

Thanks a lot ser2440. It now works perfectly. All the time I thought it is broken and even mulliganed her many times since she was unreliable.

these timing issues make up half of the top confusing issues for new players... along with silly bad descriptions (like "passing"... which is more like "calling"), and the terribad "log" that only shows cards played directly from hand.

Top Bottom