FEEDBACK: Cyberware capacity shard rework, propose solutions here

+
I think i'm not the only one frustrated with cyberware capacity shards, bugs asside, I'm talking the game design angle here:

• the uncertainty of the ammount you're gonna get during your playthrough stops most dedicated players from planning their builds beforehand with calculators and stuff.
  • Talents such as [Renaissance Punk] and [Edgerunner] play a very important role in increasing it, if we cannot plan ahead there are lots of chances that we are gonna be locked out of [Edgerunner]'s Fury.

Possible solutions:

1. Make a fixed ammount of shards be scattered around the map, just like perk point shards.
  2. Sell a fixed ammount at ripperdocks, each at increase eddies values, or not, but fixed ammount.

Fixed ammount being the keyword here, if they are limited and we know exactly how much of them we can find, the issue is fixed, I understand that the workforce behind CP 2077 isn't really big anymore, these are solutions that require little efford, number 1 more than 2, but they both work toward the exact same purpose, i mean, is not like you guys gave us players the build planner for nothing...

Last edited:
Just add them as rewards for NCPD quests or new car quests.
It'll make people engage with game more non-linearly and reward them too.

Hell no! Not as reward for car quests...
Would be the worst (for me^^). Never did one, never plan to complete one and I will certainely not force myself to complete few ones to earn capacity shards :D

The best (for me again^^), it's to remove capacity shards entirely, which make no sense anyway. But instead, allow each ripperdoc to perform a single "surgery" to increase your cyber capacity by a fixed amount (let's say 10 capacity for 10K eddies). Pretty easy to add (I think) and also provide a good reason to visit each ripperdoc again.
Ok, I already see some coming with "If I punch Fingers, I wouldn't be able to get it". Yes indeed, but it's up to you to beat him or not and at least, you can visit him before starting "The Space In Between" :)

Set balanced universal hard cap, high drop rate until the cap is reached. There are people glitching it and others like me that never seen even one shard drop. Fix it

Maybe they could just alter how the edge runner perk works. I think that would resolve a lot of the issue with ever increasing cyberware capacity from shards. They could just make it a flat -25% to health, 5% activate chance on hit and 50 points to cyberware capacity.

They have already done that, air drops, they endlessly spawn from air drops. Its not 100% guaranteed but that is where I get them from past level 60.

Real issue is the miscalculations, some times I decrease in capacity for no reason.

5% activate chance on hit

exactly!!!! just imagine that you want to minmax fury, but you're tight on capacity, so you pick renaissance punk, and then you spec, for example in my case 20 reflexes, 20 cool, 20 technical ability, 12 body, and to get 4 more capacity 9 in intelligence to benefit from the afforementioned renaissance punk, but then, because potato you get a random drop of more and more capacity so the chance to trigger fury becomes lower and lower until a point where you're completely locked out of it, so you use the single use attribute respec, so you get it mint, but then you wanna try something different with another cyberware combination, and then the capacity is effed up again and you can't respec............................

as you say flat percent would solve this, but only this, anyway, the random capacity shard drops need to eff off.

and this kinda thing totally concerns me, it doesn't look like we are ever gonna have a 2.1 with a few more uniques, a couple of gigs or whatnot and these tiny reworks won't ever see the light, so sad...

EDIT AFTER 2.02: if bonuses on tier 4 being higher than tier 5 bug isn't fixed yet chances are that this utter garbage of ciberware capacity won't be ever reworked...

a game that could've been a 10 is barely a 7.

Last edited:
They have already done that, air drops, they endlessly spawn from air drops. Its not 100% guaranteed but that is where I get them from past level 60.

Real issue is the miscalculations, some times I decrease in capacity for no reason.
We are playing different games or how is this even possible. Why many players (me included) , don't get any cyberware shards from anything - nothing from airdrops, nothing from NCPD gigs, nothing !!!!!

I am lvl 60 and i am damn stuck at 330. For more than 50 hours i didn't get a single cyber. cap. shard and only carrying cap shards and redundant skill shards for already maxxed passive skills.
Post automatically merged:

Or have them available for sale at any Ripperdoc. Any player should be able to reach at least 500 cyber. cap.

Last edited:
We are playing different games or how is this even possible. Why many players (me included) , don't get any cyberware shards from anything - nothing from airdrops, nothing from NCPD gigs, nothing !!!!!

I am lvl 60 and i am damn stuck at 330. For more than 50 hours i didn't get a single cyber. cap. shard and only carrying cap shards and redundant skill shards for already maxxed passive skills.
Post automatically merged:

Or have them available for sale at any Ripperdoc. Any player should be able to reach at least 500 cyber. cap.
i agree, but if that where the case, as i've already stated, talents such as [Edgerunner] would lock you out of Fury, and talents such as [Renaiisance Punk] would be absolutely useless, and if, like in my case, anyone specs say, 20 reflexes, 20 cool, 20 tech, 12 body, 9 intellect to benefit from all trees with [renaiisance Punk] you'd need to use the single use attribute respec.

I'm, not saying that i don't agree with you, just the opposite, i totally agree, i'm just pointing out how awful this design is and how little thought went into it, and the worst of all is that i suspect that seeing how much abandoned this game already is, there's no chance to get a rework for a 2.1 or whatever.

I understand they need to move on to greener pastures with unreal engine 5 and look into the future, but taking into account that some players like myself have put already around 800 hours in this game, for they to leave it like this, this will determine if i ever get new games from them or not.

I didn't get a single one from airdrops. I get inventory capacity shards each and every time, so i can carry the entire loot of multiple missions now. But not a single cyberware shard.

Top Bottom