When can we expect 2.03 and a rework to cyberware capacity shards drops?

+
I wanna have a good experience so I haven't played the game since 2.01 botched the cyberware, tier 5 turned to tier 1 (this has been fixed since 2.02), tier 3 still's giving more bonuses than tier 5, but, in my opinion, the worse thing is cyberware capacity is as poorly designed as it can be:

Around level 51 I stopped getting cyberware capacity at each level up, then i realised that since i had no certainty of how much cyberware capacity i would end up having i would probably get locked out of [Edgerunner]'s Fury, and having picked [Renaisance Punk] and getting 20, 20, 20, 12, 9 instead of 20, 20, 20, 18, 3, was gonna prove to have been a mistake, having to waste the one time attribute respec.

This could be easily fixed in two ways:
  1. [Edgerunner]'s Fury to be a 5% flat proc

2. Make cyberware capacity shards not be random drop but being sold in rippers instead, at increased rates each time if you want...

Last edited:
Yes, Edgerunners is terribly designed because of how of how it requires pin-point accuracy with cyberware limit. And 5% is already inconsistently tiny chance enough, so being even lower than that is even worse.

I think shards also stopped dropping in my game, around level 35. I used to get 6-7 in just 20 minutes in Watson below 30s, but above 30 I haven't seen a single one in forever.

Are we even expecting more patches? I suppose yes, eventually, but it seems really quiet at the moment.
The game feels a bit like it’s “over”, with everyone moving on, even the rate of new mods appearing on nexus has slowed considerably.

Clearly in no hurry even to copy the homework of the modders who fix their bugs.

Sorry, I meant tirelessly working to fix everything and release a stable patch that doesn't break more than it fixes.

You be the judge.

Are we even expecting more patches? I suppose yes, eventually, but it seems really quiet at the moment.
Of course we're expecting more patches, the game is in a terrible state right now. Balancing and questionable design issues aside, lots of stuff that came with 2.0 isn't even working properly and not to mention the numerous bugs, gamebreaking ones most of all.

One minute ago I quickly jumped to Steam, logged in and looked for an update to Cyberpunk 2077.
But - very disappointing - no Patch was found and so my game is still on 2.02.

Why are you guys talking about 2.04 when 2.03 hasn't even been released? :shrug:

Or am I missing something?

Well - I really wished that 2.03 was already released and I only missed the news...! :rolleyes:

But thanks for clearing things up.

Of course we're expecting more patches, the game is in a terrible state right now. Balancing and questionable design issues aside, lots of stuff that came with 2.0 isn't even working properly and not to mention the numerous bugs, gamebreaking ones most of all.
I 100% agree the game is in a bad state at the moment. But, I can’t quite shake the feeling that there is not a lot of people doing anything about it.
I think the game is now in an “as is” state, and the earliest we may see fixes is on patches timed with Amazon gaming loot drops, if that.

I just really hope CDPR understands the number and severity of issues present in the game since 2.0 came out. Just look at these 2 lists to get the idea: Visual(scripting) issues introduced with 2.0 update | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED and Cyberpunk 2.0 - List Of Bugs & Issues | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED Most of these issues were either reintroduced or newly introduced with 2.0 and that´s not even all of them. In the general public Cyberpunk 2.0 is getting all the praise but people like us, who played it all the way to the 1.63 patch- we know the game used to be in much better state compared to the current version, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Think positive, guys! :)

Don't know how many bugs I reported - might be 15 - 20.
But the support is reacting and replying to all my tickets and so I'm sure they will release patch 2.03 soon (tm).

They even work on The Witcher 3 to make it mod-ready...

Might be an early christmas present? ;)

It is obvious that CDPR will release at least 1 more patch and hotfixes to fix bugs and implement new optimizations. However, the feeling I have is that Cyberpunk 2077 is what it is now. They won't add anything else important. This is the story, this is the gameplay, etc. Just it.
After 3 years the game has exhausted its potential.
Particularly, I played Phantom Liberty and I'm slowly putting it down.
As rightly said, the modder community itself is slowing down.
Cyberpunk 2077 is becoming a thing of the past.

It is obvious that CDPR will release at least 1 more patch and hotfixes to fix bugs and implement new optimizations. However, the feeling I have is that Cyberpunk 2077 is what it is now. They won't add anything else important. This is the story, this is the gameplay, etc. Just it.
After 3 years the game has exhausted its potential.
Particularly, I played Phantom Liberty and I'm slowly putting it down.
As rightly said, the modder community itself is slowing down.
Cyberpunk 2077 is becoming a thing of the past.
It's a shame there is no NG+ like in Elden Ring.

Such a basic feature as a flashlight or night vision is also missing from the game.
Post automatically merged:

Well - I really wished that 2.03 was already released and I only missed the news...! :rolleyes:

But thanks for clearing things up.
Dunno, i haven't seen any of their response to reported bugs.

Top Bottom