Feedback/Suggestions/Wishlist for the REDkit

+
Feedback/Suggestions/Wishlist for the REDkit

Sorry if I had missed this information, is there any kind of feedback process?

I startet working with the REDkit, reading the Wiki, watching the videos and so on. It would be great if I could submit my feedback.

First thing is the undo function, it seems that I'm only be able to undo my last action. it would be great if the command history could be longer, or is this a bug on my installation?

Second thing: structuring the scene's actors with groups and layers is a great function, but you can only hide layers and not groups. Its kind of annoying browsing a bunch of subgroups, finding all layers and hide them seperately. Hiding groups would be a great feature.

Last ponit so far: action/spawn points etc have no icon like in D'Jinni, this is a bit uncomfortable. I marked them with stickers to find them but as they don't change their size when zooming, this isn't a good solution.

Sorry if I had missed this information, is there any kind of feedback process?

I startet working with the REDkit, reading the Wiki, watching the videos and so on. It would be great if I could submit my feedback.

First thing is the undo function, it seems that I'm only be able to undo my last action. it would be great if the command history could be longer, or is this a bug on my installation?

Second thing: structuring the scene's actors with groups and layers is a great function, but you can only hide layers and not groups. Its kind of annoying browsing a bunch of subgroups, finding all layers and hide them seperately. Hiding groups would be a great feature.

Last ponit so far: action/spawn points etc have no icon like in D'Jinni, this is a bit uncomfortable. I marked them with stickers to find them but as they don't change their size when zooming, this isn't a good solution.

As far as I know there is a redkit bug report thread. Anyway you can just open a new thread with suggestion whenever you want. There a several members of the CDProjekt crew here spying on what we talk about ;-)

About your questions:
You can strg+z several times ;-)

The hide function for groups is named "unload"

To see more of all go to "view"-> Filter_debug options. For Actionpoints check the box for "pathfinding".

You can strg+z several times ;-)
Ah thank you for that infos. Is it possible that not all actions stay in the command list or some actions break the chain? As I tried it, it didn't work.
But as you said multiple Strg(Ctrl) + Z worked at least with the terrain tools.

The hide function for groups is named "unload"
But isn't load and unload a bit too much for a simple show and hide? Especially in large projekts it could get really slow.

To see more of all go to "view"-> Filter_debug options. For Actionpoints check the box for "pathfinding".
Ah much better.

I also have A LOT of wishes, but i think the most important think is well known:
The Editor crash around every 10 minutes in the scene editor.

If we get an patch for stabelize the uptime of the editior, i will start to come with smaller wishes ;D

It doesn't help 100%, but I recognized that the Redkit crashes more often if you have a lot of windows in it open. So if you are in the asset browser and you open multiple things like entity templates, meshes, communities, scenes, etc. you should always close the others before opening new ones.
And Redkit loves to crash after you copied stuff around. So if you did it always wait for a few seconds before continuing. But even if you do all this, Redkit still likes to crash. So save often and make some backups from time to time (I'll make one once a day and delte old ones. I mostly have around 5-10 versions of Lykaon lying around).

Use the eye icon to hide your footage.

The Eye icon is only for layers and the common style rule is that the basic layer in the three is made of groups, so you have to browse all the groups to hide the layers or load/unload groups but this is a time consuming prozess.

Top Bottom