First images of Johnny Silverhand before Keanu Reeves

+
gm-e1a34eeb-d23d-4207-967a-e24b0da7f2f4-johnny-silverhand-before-keanu.jpg

gm-23a62796-77fd-4325-864a-31c68637c0c0-johnny-silverhand-first-sketches.jpg

gm-96c2f579-1a02-4feb-b16b-67772c41a76c-silverhands-tatoos-cp-2077.jpg
gm-f9175364-2cf0-4122-a17b-c3a368ead38d-silverhand-in-action-cp-2077.jpg

It is called concept art for a reason.

If you look at the first image you will realise that all that changed of note is the face, which they changed to match the actor they cast. There is no reason to believe that was anything but the intent.

Just be glad they updated him and went into the neo-punk/grunge direction instead of the original 80s glam rock/hair rock look that Johnny had in the original RPG.

I would've preferred if we never got to see Johnny's face and the relic chip projection made him look like a demon (maybe a cyborg oni like the one on the jacket) with visual effects and a voice to match his appearance. That first encounter with V at the apartment would've been a lot more intimidating than Keanu's likeness and his performance. Don't get me wrong, I like Keanu but he just can't do hotheaded roles much justice.

getting Keanu was the best thing that could happen to this game... without him, there is no way you would be as invested into Johnny story.. if he was just some crazy looking rockerboy, you would just discard his story completely. This way, he has a lot of charisma, you are interested in his backstory and his reasons why he did what he did..

1 or 2 of this outfits can easily be a "nomad" outfits for Johnny Silverhand past timeline imo.

Overall, the differences aren't big & I would argue Keanu Reeves would look even more badass if his hairstyle design is as wild as in the concept arts.

Bear in mind, Johnny Silverhand has blonde hair in the OG TTRPG CP2020, might be short hair version if you see the Japanese version arts.

Alt Cunningham actually has the biggest differences with concept arts looks & in-game looks definitely way way better.

I do think we need a shirtless Johnny scenes in the game. That beautiful side stomach tattoos totally being wasted with a "no show" in the game LOL

Top Bottom