{fixed}Inventory, journal, phone, fast travel and more locked.

+
Bug, doesn't allow you to open map, inventory, access phone, etc and "You can't do that right now" pops up at top left corner of the screen. Restarting the game doesn't fix it, reinstalling too. Only fix seems to be reloading back to before you caught the bug but I ran out of auto and quick saves cause I thought that it would go away after mission ends.

Hey,
this happened to me, too. I think it's stored in a save file.
Indeed, the only possible solution I found was to reload before an event triggering it and replay that part.

If you are out of earlier save files, I think the only possible solution is to edit the current save file somehow.

Exactly the same here: I posted this in another topic, but i guess this is the right one...

PATCH 2.11: I played Cyberpunk on PC since it came out. Played the whole story with no issues at all. Then started and finished phantom liberty. Then I started a whole new game to get in touch with PL within the main story. There were no bugs at all UNTIL I did the first PL Missions. I thought it is normal with the prologue, that I can't use my phone or open the map.

I have now over 160 hours of gameplay behind me an now I am stuck with the following bugs:

1) The phone button is always red, but the button is there
2) I can pickup calls, but can't call someone OR read text messages
3) I can't do fast travels, something is buggy. I can't fast-travel at all
4) I can't open the map or my inventory, it is showing the message "You can't do that right now"
5) I can load another save game and everything is back to normal again BUT i will loose 16h of gameplay (that sucks), because all the auto-saves are already buggy!
6) I tried fixing the bug by executing some different comands with the console (reddit thread), but nothing worked.
7) I tried to fix it with a joytoy in the Jig-Jig Street, doesn't work
8) I dont know what to do anymore...

Try completing one of the monk quests, they reset some stuff cause they also use fast travel to different location for a little while.

Or play the braindance from Alex

I finished some of the monk quests before and because I can't open the map, I can't find them even if i google them. What braindance do you mean? I can't open my inventory.

You can also send a ticket to cdpr support:
(just click on Contact Us to do so)

In general, whenever issues like that start to pop up in any game it‘s risky to continue playing as these issues do not always go away. But yeah sometimes I also notice things like that too late.

It‘s possible that quests where the interface changes (like braindance or other things) can fix these issues but it‘s hard to tell. Maybe playing arcade games is also worth a shot…

Thanks, I mentioned the issue before, but that was within the first 1-2h of playing phantom liberty, and I thought that this is normal during the prologue. I opened up a ticket with all the required informations and hope they can work with it.

Got the same problem on my series x and i dont know any solution for that. Please share it, if you get any solution.

Sent the ticket, they say they are working on it, guess the only thing to do is to wait for patch. Completed the 2nd monk quest - nothing. Arcade also nothing.

Last edited:
Yes, the same has happened to me. I have submitted a ticked. Tried everything I could, previous saves do the same thing. Tried, sleeping, dying, playing and arcade game in an apartment. Playing pool, getting in trouble with the police. Nothing gets me out of the locked state of the game. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I was loving the game up till that point. It has the most incredible design, excellent story, well balanced play and I was really enjoying it.

Well, the answer of CDPR was: We are aware of this problem and currently working on it. (y) And 2 quests i should try to fix the issue. Finishing "Balls to the Wall" or playing Lizzy Wizzys holo (available in V's apartment when done). These 2 recommendations were useless to me, I already finished Balls to the Wall and I can't go on with the story, because my phone, my journal and my map doesn't work.....so? :rolleyes:

It was easier for me to load a save game and rush through the 16h of gameplay i lost. :sneaky:

Well, the answer of CDPR was: We are aware of this problem and currently working on it. (y) And 2 quests i should try to fix the issue. Finishing "Balls to the Wall" or playing Lizzy Wizzys holo (available in V's apartment when done). These 2 recommendations were useless to me, I already finished Balls to the Wall and I can't go on with the story, because my phone, my journal and my map doesn't work.....so? :rolleyes:

It was easier for me to load a save game and rush through the 16h of gameplay i lost. :sneaky:
In theory, a patch will be released tomorrow, so I think I can fairly assume this bug will be fixed among many others ;)

Top Bottom