Forum - opinions, suggestions

+

Keth

Ex-moderator
Forum - opinions, suggestions

The day many of you have been waiting for is finally here! We are thrilled to introduce the brand new Witcher forum experience. Besides the completely new engine, we are very happy to introduce additional features:

- one joint account for all of our services
- the unique achievement system, rewarding active users
- "mentions" system, if someone uses your name with @ before, you'll get a notification
- single upvotes system - the REDpoints - to express your approval for fellow users

We’ve increased the number of rooms within the Forums to make the navigation easier for you. We invite all of you to the newly-created “Witcher 3 Discussions” room. The room called “News” is your #1 destination for all the official news and announcements coming from CD Projekt RED. Also, we've created new subforum in the community section - about video games.

Before you start, please take a moment to go through the Forum Rules and, if you encounter any difficulties when logging in, our Login FAQ. All bugs and glitches shall be reported here.

Have fun!

Last edited:
I like it a lot so far, good job. :)

Unfortunately I came across a bug: when I try to read this topic here I am prompted for a password and login via an external input window.

I'm logged in already, so it might simply be a permission issue.

Last edited:
It looks great so far, well done guys :cheers:

btw what is this under my Username (1st Sword)?

Looks great! But must admit I miss the darker background, hope in the future we get an option to toggle between light and dark :)

after browsing through the CP77 forums for a while, maybe this new lighter colour scheme is a welcome change after all. but still having an option to choose from would be nice :)

Last edited:
I love the new look! It kinda reminds me of an old tome/parchment with its wear and tear. So far, as already stated, the only bug for me seems to be the authentication prompt. :)

Nice job!

If I can suggest something I would change that reply section.
Quick reply is already here so "Reply to thread", which directs you to that frame right below is not necessary. I would prefer "go advanced" address under that button.

:D/>/>

Last edited:
Would like to see a "list of achievements" here (haha!)
And also I'm curious about the 'titles' above our avatars (same at the CP77 forums) as in what are the different marks (no. of posts) for the next level up

The tan text (pretty much everywhere except post text and certain buttons) needs to be darkened or made black. It's too light, and too close to the background colors and is more difficult to read.

Edit: I also like the "pages of a book" style, however I think they're too dirty and scratched up, again making it more difficult to read the text of posts.

Last edited:

Agent_Blue

I have a thing or two to say about the redesign. I'd rather tell you in private. You can expect a PM from me, when the technical ordeal is finally over.

It's our little secret :)

ha :D
and well this is bit more serious one now, how about making the main forum area wider? I mean I can zoom in but that would make it too big, and normally viewing there's waste of space on both sides (not to mention strain on the eyes)
Unless of course there is plan on introducing background images later

Some suggestions:

1. Please add a subforum for forum specific feedback somewhere.
2. Make the useful area wider - right now it's too narrow (just around 990 pixels wide). You can make it adaptive, according to the browser window size.

Top Bottom