Free and open source PC game boosters for CP2077

+
Has anyone tried any open source and free PC game boosters with this game like "Razer Cortex"?
What is your recommendations?

After 1.5 patch my Frame rate drops a few pts and I want them back. So I am looking at ways to optimize before I drop my Graphics settings.
I already OC a little, do I need to up the OC a bit more?

Ocing wont do more than a couple of frames in general unless you can really push the oc hard. Its generaly like 5-10% max. Exiting as much background processes as possible and using optimal settings in game will probably have a much bigger effect. But it also depend hard on your setup and resolution your playing at.

Ocing wont do more than a couple of frames in general unless you can really push the oc hard. Its generaly like 5-10% max. Exiting as much background processes as possible and using optimal settings in game will probably have a much bigger effect. But it also depend hard on your setup and resolution your playing at.

Right, all I need is a few frames back. This is why I asked if anyone has used a game optimizer such as "Razer Cortex" as those types of boosters will turn off unnecessary background programs. I use to do this manually for years up to win 7 but win 10 now has freaking DOZZENS of dozens of daemons and I have no patients to look them all up on the internet to know which are safe to turn off...

Even if I did, I would not want to take the time to turn off dozens evetime I wanted to play.

So no one has tried Razer Cortex with this game or the other top open source/free optimizers that are available?

UHG! so Razer seems to be a bust:

Last edited:
Programs like razor are waste of space and ram , it all comes down to your hardware and ram usage.
Use something like MemReduct to free some ram before launching the game.

I generaly shy away from "boost programs". Never seen any performance increase with them or its so slight that its just not worth it.. Was quite some time ago tho so they might have evolved and became more usefull now with win 10/11. Im fairly sure that if you max out the gpu usage only a faster gpu (Be it OC or a faster gpu) will give better fps at the same settings, cpu + ram usage aslong as its not maxed does very little differance (aslong as its the same clockspeeds and so on ofc). Might get rid of small stutters or slight hitches and microstutter. but overall fps, im not so sure.

Optimised settings is probably the best way too claw some fps back. Some settings gives very little fidelity for quite the cost in fps.

Snake Oil in my opinion.

"Biggest" impact on FPS (besides RT):

Volumetric Cloud Density - deactivate it of not already done (small to medium effect)
Motion Blur - deactivate (small to medium effect)
Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, and Lens Flare - deactivate (very small effect)

Should bring a few FPS back.

If you play with RT, it´s more demanding since 1.5. For RT an 8GB GPU and resolution above HD will often run into a memory bottleneck.

Cyberpunk needs GPU-Power at first.

But how to tell us your rig and resolution? It´s easier to advise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom