Game - Remember Me

+

Forum veteran
I went to bat for the game when it first came out, and a few times after that. Others weren't as pleased with it as I was because they're joyless sacks of misery who can't appreciate greatness, but it's one of my favorites. Speaking of which...

Probably because apart from the aesthetics and to some degree soundtrack everything else in this game is average/below average.
I WILL COMMIT SO MUCH VIOLENCE AGAINST YOUR FACE YOU DIRTY HEATHEN

Ahem. Anyway, it's recommended if you don't mind linearity and can wrap your head around fighting gameplay that's like the Arkham games' combat, but not a carbon copy like so many other games end up being. Listen not to the dissenters, for they know not of what they speak (and most of them have a grudge because they're stoopid cashuls who couldn't figure out that combat is timing-based rather than an Arkham clickfest).

Having watched a couple episodes of the "Lets Play":

I'm very impressed by the games atmosphere and graphic quality. If CP2077 looks like this I'll be more then overjoyed.

There seem to be sufficient NPCs around, even if you can't interact with most of them they're there, that matters.

However the game mechanics seriously disappoint me. If you're a fan of Tomb Raider and Arkham Knights I suspect the game mechanics are just fine and something you may prefer. I however don't do "twitch" games, period. If CP2077 winds up similar I'll wait for a Lets Play but I won't be playing it myself because to me "twitch" games are nothing but a source of endless frustration.

And although there are a small handful of role-play and other (such as the memory reconstruction parts) elements to the game it's obviously primarily a fight & climb game.

But damn ... they got the "atmosphere" so right for a Cyberpunk game.

Last edited:
the aesthetic were great, the gameplay was ok (batman-ish) but everything else is just not that great. The story was....meh. Lets say the main character got attacked by a bounty hunter, she used her power to alter the bounty hunter's memory so that she thought her husband is dead ( the reason she needs the money ) and that doesnt make any sense. The city was pretty cool, but you dont get to explore anywhere. There are only one path.

but still, the aesthetic is SUPER good.

I went to bat for the game when it first came out, and a few times after that. Others weren't as pleased with it as I was because they're joyless sacks of misery who can't appreciate greatness, but it's one of my favorites. Speaking of which...

I WILL COMMIT SO MUCH VIOLENCE AGAINST YOUR FACE YOU DIRTY HEATHEN

Ahem. Anyway, it's recommended if you don't mind linearity and can wrap your head around fighting gameplay that's like the Arkham games' combat, but not a carbon copy like so many other games end up being. Listen not to the dissenters, for they know not of what they speak (and most of them have a grudge because they're stoopid cashuls who couldn't figure out that combat is timing-based rather than an Arkham clickfest).

I'm not a stoopid cashul,YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!

It is a game I always wanted to play... but it just happend to fall between the cracks for me. Don't think the computer I had at the time could run it well, and there where (and there always is) many other games that came out that I felt like playing more... amongst all the other stuff I do as well (tv-series etc). Basicly... there is to much good stuff that come out that it is difficult to keep up with it all. XD

Last edited:

Forum veteran
And although there are a small handful of role-play and other (such as the memory reconstruction parts) elements to the game it's obviously primarily a fight & climb game.
Yeah, it's basically a 3D beat 'em up at heart. Totally agree about the atmosphere and graphics, too. I've gone back multiple times just to make more screenshots to use as my desktop background. Even the glitchy effects are weirdly pretty:

I'm not a stoopid cashul,YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!
Never! Pistols at dawn!

When it goes on sale for cheap, I'll get it. But I mean really cheap. Besides, I promised 227 I'd give it a try, and IT BETTER FUCKING BE GOOD OR ELSE....

Forum veteran
Couldn't get into it. Boring.
Psh, your Steam achievements suggest that you bailed before even finishing chapter 1. Who bails right after the prologue?

"Wah, Irenicus' dungeon was boring. Baldur's Gate 2 worst game evar!!!111oneone"

When it goes on sale for cheap, I'll get it. But I mean really cheap. Besides, I promised 227 I'd give it a try, and IT BETTER FUCKING BE GOOD OR ELSE....
It's gone on sale for 5 bucks multiple times already. And it is good! It is!

(If you like linear, story-centric games like Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, at least. It ain't an RPG, or an exploration game, or anything other than a fun beat 'em up in a great setting with pretty graphics and amazing music.)

EDIT: What the hell is going on with the forum? It double-posted even though I only hit post once.

Last edited:
Having watched a couple episodes of the "Lets Play":

I'm very impressed by the games atmosphere and graphic quality. If CP2077 looks like this I'll be more then overjoyed.

There seem to be sufficient NPCs around, even if you can't interact with most of them they're there, that matters.

However the game mechanics seriously disappoint me. If you're a fan of Tomb Raider and Arkham Knights I suspect the game mechanics are just fine and something you may prefer. I however don't do "twitch" games, period. If CP2077 winds up similar I'll wait for a Lets Play but I won't be playing it myself because to me "twitch" games are nothing but a source of endless frustration.

But damn ... they got the "atmosphere" so right for a Cyberpunk game.

they aren't anything like as good as the tomb raider or arkham games, they are imprecise and ledenthe really interesting bits, the memory remixing is done only twice and everything else is the crappy platforming and jankly camera fighting.

As with a lot of games you payed your money, you take it all good and bad, this is no different.
The combat I really disliked, if you like fighting games (timed combo style attacks) it will appeal to you.

Even Baldurs Gate is flawed, but then I mod my games, so dev mistakes can often be corrected.

No game is perfect, unless I've heavily modded it, then it's perfect, but only for my tastes.

Take that SuperHot game, I wrote a review on GOG (Don't look the site ate it), made a thread in forums about that.
I found it's mechanics flawed, it spoiled the game.
When I watched YouTubers like Jim Sterling, they made it look difficult and fun.
When I actually Played I literally beat the games system in seconds.
it was simple to separate actions.
Move stop Aim stop fire

Game was already beaten, within the first two kills. A few levels then it gave me the power to switch body for the "really hard" stuff.
I never once used that (Apart from when usage was forced at start of a level), it wasn't needed, "hard" just meant a few more opponents at once, no problems with that, easier if anything.
Most levels i finished, on the first attempt, only shots from behind could catch me out, and that was more because I didn't even try that hard after Jump bodies thing.

Worst thing though was what I can only describe as the cutscene QTE system, random keyboard presses to "Type" words, what key was pressed had no effect on the content. just had to mash keys to make the cutscene move along.

Thing is I'm no great shakes at shooting games, so it's not like i was skillful, it started "MediocreWarm" then "StoneCold".
While others clearly loved it, I thought, there's a reason no ones done this before, it doesn't work, with a shooter.

So forget what others "score" the game, as if a number can give the result of a review, if it was just about maths, all games would be perfect.
If you can gain enough fun, and look past the flaws, and that game, is Value For Money, at the price you paid, go for it.

I finished Remember Me and enjoyed it enough, to overlook the flaws.
You may like my Flaws and hate what I liked, plus if you can mod any game, even the flaws can be fixed.

Last edited:
I wrote about how awful I thought Remember Me was back in 2014:

"And this brings us to one of the worst games I have ever played... Remember Me is a game I was very much looking forward to playing, and much like Deus Ex: Human Revolution it dissapointed me utterly... but I went into this game without the excitement and hype I had for DE, and was still utterly shattered by how truly god awful this game was. Everything I hated about DE was amplified in the game, and it didn't have any of the things that made DE at least playable.

I am gonna start with what I liked about the game... because it won't take long. I like the idea of recording, storing and sharing memories on a grand scale and the ramifications of such. It's a neat idea, pretty much Braindance though it's not really presented as such. In fact it's talked about, and the effects of addiction are seen throughout, but it's never really shown as anything other than a plot tool, so even here they drop the ball. There are a few bits where you can go in and retro-actively fidget with a persons active memory, which is a tech level far above anything I hope CDRed tries for CP 2077, but it was kind of fun, though cheesy in execution and underutilized in the game seeing as how thats supposed to be the hero's special talent. Of course the real problem is that it is every equivalence but physical, rape. The character forces herself into someone elses mind, and violates them compeletely. In one instance causing a man to commit suicide, in another causing a woman to believe her husband is dead, and in another, using it to give her mummy a guilt trip. it wasn't long after this that I stopped playing, but more on that later.

Most of the scenery is pretty cool, it's your standard cyberpunky near future setting, projected hologram viewscreens everywhere. But the setting never once feels alive, where Deus EX at least had people on the street, having conversations, people who would react to you in at least a limited fashion, this game has none of that. In fact the number of times you encounter civilians on the streets is countable on one hand, a hand that's missing a couple of fingers. Then you have the ridiculously vast warehouses prisons whatever, which are apparently these huge places, that you can only get a glimpst of. Again Deus Ex suffered from this as well with all it's levels, but at least there there was a sense of urgency, the music tightened up, things happened around you to remind you that you are supposed to be in a hurry. Nope, this is just impossibly big shit because the designers thought it looked cool and put no more thought into it than that. Deus Ex, for linear platform bullshit, did it at least fairly well.... this game fails at it so miserably it makes your head hurt.

Combat.... oh holy shit... the combat in this game is mind numbingly repetitive and poorly done I thought I was going to stroke out. In the first place, it's a cyberpunk world, but there are apparently no sidearms... actually there are, we see a total of one gun in the game, it's usd by a guy to commit suicide after you mind rape him. Apparently every other gun in the game was destroyed... I dunno... I do know robots have missile launchers, Aerodynes have machine guns... but no one has a rifle or a handgun... and it feels fucking stupid. Instead you kung fu your way through the game... and the kung fu is weak. Seriously, it's the only method of combat in the game, and it is blown away by the kung fu in Sleeping Dogs... how the fuck does that happen? You get to set your own moves for combos, which also regenerate health and build up you special power reserve faster, but I have never been one to get the timing right on shit like this, so it just added to the frustration. The fights are never, ever, ever, interesting... they are just banal and bland, and of course, utterly frustrating. You progress in power in the game, so it compensates by just hrowing more of this crap at you... at which point you ask yourself, whats the point of progrerssing... and why doesn't this cunt pick up a knife, or a stick or a length of pipe... something... You gain powers in the game, which are almost well done, almost. Except they act like a laser gun somehow... and firing data at people makes them disappear somehow... I dunno, by the point I picked up the ability to shoot people with my nintendo power glove I had stopped caring really. I kept playing, because I am a glutton for punishment I guess, but I no longer cared.

You build up your powers and kung fu by finding random shit scattered across the board. Sometimes you get hints in theform of hologram posters apparently people leave fo you... but the thing is, on several occasions, there is no clear "end of level/are" hint, so while exploring and looking around, you can accidently shut yourself off from that shit you will absolutely need later in the game. It happened to me SEVERAL times. And ther eis no way at all to go back, except by exiting to the main menu and starting the entire "episode" over from scratch which is completely not worth it. Fuck this game sucked.

The enemies are so fuckingboring I thought I was playing a nintendo game. Not only that, but they get so ridiculously frustrating you will hate playing the game... towards the end that was what made me quite. Game designers need to fucking learn, if your players hate playing your game because you make the basic act of playing so fucking grating that players want to kill their own beloved cats with their controller because it seems the cats are laughing at them.... then you have fucking failed at making a game, and are in fact making a really shitty torture device.

And then we get to the story... fuck me.. fuck me with a dead salmon.... you know what... I am just gonna say this, the story sucks. I am not going into detail other than to say your character is a mass murdering terrorist and serial rapist who blindly follows any suggetion given to her, no matter how obivous it is that the shit she Is doing is as bad if not worse than the villians. So on top of everything else, she is also dumb as dirt.

Idon't really know how it all ends, I stopped playing, I think I was close to the end, I was in amall or some shit, and I just got tired of the bullshit fighting...

Seriously, I haven' played a game this fucking awful since X-MEN for the NES. Even for free I feel ripped off and pissed for wasting my time one this."

Top Bottom