Game simply won't start

+
Addendum:
I am a n00b. A reboot was all it required. I thought of everything except that. Leaving this here for future generations to learn from my n00bery.

Cyberpunk 2077 refuses to launch from the GOG Galaxy. The Play button typically turns into a "Syncing 0%" button, then back to play, and then nothing more. Once I got it to "Syncing 0%", "Play" again and then "Syncing 0% x" this time with a cancel "x" next to it ... but it also returned to "Play" and nothing more happened

I have in the past 36 hours reinstalled the game on a new PC. I have run the Verify/Repair, it did some fixes. I have run it again; it did some more. And again. And it keeps doing ... something ... each time. It keeps downloading the same 38MB each time. I have run Check for Updates. I have Nvidia driver 536.99, but I upgraded to the 537.13 version. I do not have RedMod installed (don't even know what that is.) I have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages that are newer than the ones here: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1568/the-game-is-not-launching-5

It's not starting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just to be sure, you never used mods?
If you try to launch the game directly from the .exe?
Did you try to launch GOG in administrator mode if it's not already the case?
Maybe try to add exceptions to all GOG and game folders in your AV or Windows Defender.
In case, I would suggest to clean install the game in case (if you didn't already try) :

Upvote 0
I have to ask.... did you get a new motherboard with a 1700 socket, to make use of a 12th or 13th gen intel chip? if so there is your problem. Last week or so MSI released software update for their motherboard and it seem to have helped Cyberpunk to some extent. Still unstable though, and barely playable. As far as I, and a friend of mine found out, after a week of testing components, it is up to the software to catch up with the completely different architecture of the 12 and 13th gen cpu; according to Intel.
For me Hogwarts Legacy just does not run at all, complaining about lack of memory. Elder Scrolls Online runs like a dream. Baldur's Gate 3 runs well enough as long as it is DX 11 (Vulken is unstable). Conan Exiles runs well.

Top Bottom