Game won't start after patch Instalation!.

+

dd

Senior user
Game won't start after patch Instalation!.

Hi, I have The Wicther limited edition box set. The problem I have started yesterday and continues on to today. I can install The Witcher without patch and everything works fine, game is smooth and np's at all. But the moment I download and use the patch to upgrade, boom the problems start. I click on The Wicther shortcut the game menu launches, I click on Launch game, Black screen, Boom, Sorry The Wicther Has eccountered a problem and has to close, sorry for any incomvinience. No I have tried reinstalling 6 times now With AV software on and off. still the same. System should be fine running this.AMD 6400 Dual core.HDD 120 gig.Sound X-Fi Extreme gamer.2 Gig Ram.Radeon HD 4850 Graph card.Windows XP with service pck 3.Please help if anyone can, Been looking forward to playing this one, as I have heard such good thing about it.

dd

Senior user
Ok, Thank you for your responce. I will reinstall again and do as you have asked, and post once I have finished.

DD said:
Hi, I have The Wicther limited edition box set. The problem I have started yesterday and continues on to today. I can install The Witcher without patch and everything works fine, game is smooth and np's at all. But the moment I download and use the patch to upgrade, boom the problems start. I click on The Wicther shortcut the game menu launches, I click on Launch game, Black screen, Boom, Sorry The Wicther Has eccountered a problem and has to close, sorry for any incomvinience. No I have tried reinstalling 6 times now With AV software on and off. still the same. System should be fine running this.AMD 6400 Dual core.HDD 120 gig.Sound X-Fi Extreme gamer.2 Gig Ram.Radeon HD 4850 Graph card.Windows XP with service pck 3.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderthe new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

I just had this exact issue. After I installed the EAX hotfix everything worked normally.

Top Bottom