Gamescom 2018 General Thread

+
I don't know what sci-fi game you played recently which looked like that. I really want to know that, because after replaying Deus Ex I don't have anything related to scifi to play.

The only ones I can think of that are close are Satellite Reign, The Last Night , and Ruiner. I don't see much resemblance of that style in any other sci-fi game tbh.

As for gamescom, it was pretty disappointing. All the tease to excite fans for a lame interview that gave nothing new except for some concept art from the trailer and a couple of screenshots...uh..not sure how they want me to feel, but its pretty far from excited. The PR for this has been pretty bad in my opinion. Might make a good story for journalists, but sucks for fans which are being divided by these actions.

With that said, the more I think about it, the more I am feeling that the game will not come out till the next gen consoles are released. Besides the fact that everyone who saw it says there is no way it can run on current gen systems, I am willing to bet microsoft took one look at the demo and pulled out a big wad of money to convince them to hold off till release of the next gen consoles so they will be system sellers. I am thinking the next gen consoles will be announced next year, and then come out 2020, along with the next gen games like cyberpunk.

As for gamescom, it was pretty disappointing. All the tease to excite fans for a lame interview that gave nothing new except for some concept art from the trailer and a couple of screenshots...

Wait. So you knew that Netrunner was a core gameplay pillar? That remote control of devices and NPCs and even assassination by Netrunning was a confirmed part of the gameplay plan at this point? Because that was news to me.

Or that cyberpsychosis is absolutely in, albeit game systems are being designed? And that the more cyber a person has, the more it will affect their interactions with and from the world in a negative way?

You knew those were in the game? Confirmed by Dev? I did not.

There was not only very little tease, CDPR was quite clear that the demo was not going to be shown at gamescom and that they had never promised this. And they said that at E3.

Wait. So you knew that Netrunner was a core gameplay pillar? That remote control of devices and NPCs and even assassination by Netrunning was a confirmed part of the gameplay plan at this point? Because that was news to me.

Or that cyberpsychosis is absolutely in, albeit game systems are being designed? And that the more cyber a person has, the more it will affect their interactions with and from the world in a negative way?

You knew those were in the game? Confirmed by Dev? I did not.

There was not only very little tease, CDPR was quite clear that the demo was not going to be shown at gamescom and that they had never promised this. And they said that at E3.

Where can I find all the new information? I haven't found any previews from the outlets I frequent.

That assassination was shown in the E3 trailer and the netrunning was mentioned as one of the three focuses during E3 interviews.

Um..yea. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/92btg0

That assassination was shown in the E3 trailer and the netrunning was mentioned as one of the three focuses during E3 interviews.

I don't remember the Netrunning ( actually going into the Net) being claimed as a gameplay pillar - can you find the E3 interview where they said it was going to be a big part of your character? I wasn't even aware you could go into the Net. Playing a Netrunner can mean a lot of different things, including just being a digital tech-controller.
An assassination by an NPC in a trailer doesn't mean the PC can do it at all. In any way. Otherwise you'll be joining Trauma Team and flying cars.

I'm well aware of what the General said - as well as this from Facebook:
Is Cyberpsychosis a thing? Will it limit our cyberware/human interactions in game?

July 18/18 CP2077 FB: "Yes, cyberpsychosis is definitely a thing. But to what extent it will be able to affect V – we shall see. "

And what Li said echoes an earlier statement, also posted in our Dev Answers: June 18/18 Max Pears: "You won't upgrade yourself to implement your cyberwear as much as cyberpychos. Because if we allow players to do so, the story will go wrong. Our priority is story of course...there is a limit."

And neither is clear that cyberpsychosis will affect -your- character or how or that increased levels of cyberware ( enough of which cause cyberpsychosis, as your Humanity Rating reaches 0) will affect the PC or NPCs in a consistent manner -before- they go cyberpsycho.

Which is a big deal, since you can't go cyberpsycho. So if you can't go 'psycho, then why not metal up? Well, now we know there are consequences to that. Planned, anyway.

I'm not just nitpicking - the cybernetics empathy reaction question is a big one for Cyberpunk players. Long before you go psycho - and 99% of users do not, in fact - you have other problems from too much metal.

And that's what we want to know: are those other problems going to be a game factor. Well, yes they are.

We also learned from another interview that your stats will absolutely affect combat.

Um..yea. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/92btg0
No need for the snark.

As for the interview, boy howdy I feel bad for @KyleRowley. You can tell the poor guy is stressed as all get out. I didn't see much in the way of new information - pretty much knew about the netrunning already - but that may have been a result of how pressured he seemed to be.

@Lilayah, get him a beer at some point. :)

@Sardukhar Stats affecting combat, does that include skills? And in what capacity? Do you have that interview handy?

Yep.

In our Media thread, along with the other.
I didn't see it.

Anywho, not that your list isn't great, but there's also this one that's being built up specifically for Gamescom stuff on the subreddit:

Not much there at the moment (presumably because not much has actually happened as far as English content goes), but still good.

Also, beer impressions: https://www.cnet.com/news/i-tried-the-cyberpunk-2077-beers-so-you-dont-have-to/

1:36 - "The damage you do is also based on your stats."
And I hope that's generally NOT the case (with the exception of melee and unarmed being minorly effected by strength).
Agreed, that's actually kinda the opposite of what I want. Was hoping more for skills (long and short guns) to impact accuracy or bullet spray or recoil or something.

1:36 - "The damage you do is also based on your stats."
And I hope that's generally NOT the case (with the exception of melee and unarmed being minorly effected by strength).

Seems like a pretty standard way to do it for shooter combat with RPG elements. And if that’s the case (like every piece of info seems to point towards) I don’t believe it’s going to be any different for smart guns either. Fluid and precisely controlled combat experience just like most people want it, and guaranteed results of intent based on your performance - even if the magnitude of the result might vary for ”RPG” reasons.

I don’t like it and I hope there’s more to it, but I don’t dare to expect it. Expecting things traditionally hasn’t gone well with me with these sorts of things.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what sci-fi game you played recently which looked like that.

I haven't played much of anything recently. But if I didn't know where these screens came from, I could've well have guessed they're from Bioware's new game or some other upcoming scifi thing. What I meant was that they don't actually scream "unique".

Last edited:
Top Bottom