Gang street attacks

+
In 2.0 CDPR introduced possibility of various gangs attacking V on the streets. However, after players complained devs reduced the frequency of said attacks. Now I havent seen a single attack in a long while so I thought to ask:

Whats the attack frequency now?

Is it just one and done? Each gang attacks you once and then never again or what? I actually liked the feature, as long as it wouldn't get too annoying..
But in true CDPR fashion the devs seem incapable of walking middle of the road..

photomode_05122023_152957.png

I didn't play much on 2.1+ but it's not related to GIGs/quests and how you completed them?
Meaning, if you go full open combat, you will likely be attacked by the gang after completing the GIG or quest (like I was right after The Pick Up, maelstromers attacked me almost right away). But if you completed a GIG or quest without being detected, no one will come after you after.
I could be wrong, but not sure gangs will attack you randomly for "nothing".

It's related to gigs and even main missions.

Afaik, the frequency wasn't reduced, as the complaints were from advanced saves, that were bombarded with attacks right after the update.

If I finish a gig with force the attack will occur shortly after. One example is on of the last Regina gigs, were V has to destroy a Tiger Claw drug lab. If I blow up the lab, V get's attacked shortly after, if I manipulate the nearby computer to just render the lab useless, no attack happens, as long as I don't kill too much of the TC around. I don't know the exact parameters, but that's roughly what happens.

Another one is the gig at the maelstrom ripperdoc clinic in watson. I didn't kill any of them, but I was spotted at some point and got attacked. If I don't get spotted, no attack happens as long as I just koed them.

Usually it is one or two attacks for each instance.

Wonna get attacked often? Then finish every gig as loud and brutal as possible, I'd guess :D

Last edited:
It's related to gigs and even main missions.

Specifically any 'regular', non-mainstory gig? I need to test this. My current save is near the end so I dont have many gigs left. And some of those regular ones I do without raising alarms so I guess thats the reason I havent seen any. If this is the case, I understood the feature completely wrong...

Afaik, the frequency wasn't reduced, as the complaints were from advanced saves, that were bombarded with attacks right after the update.
Yep :)
When the update was released, if you loaded a save in which you completed a lot/most of GIGs, a bunch of "attacks" were queued up and you seemed to be attacked constantly :D

I didn't enter my car much.... but whenever I did, I would suddenly get ambushed by multiple gangs....for just one mission....which I would just quickly complete because the gangs didn't really slow me down.

Honestly a little bummed how much little interaction there was, with so much to explore.

Top Bottom