Was enjoying the gang attacks and arasaka assassination attempts until they stopped

+
I've already beaten the game and try to drive around looking for good fights and things to do (500+ hours in this game and not slowing down), and the gang attacks and arasaka assassination attempts were very challenging and fun! And then they just stopped.

Why?

This should be something that recurs daily (game time, which you can play for hours real time and not span a single day of game time) and also has a setting to turn off (for players that don't want it). Because right now, I'm back to driving around looking for things to do.
Post automatically merged:

Can this be a setting in next update so those of us wanting more action in the endgame can have it? Without any more gigs, NCPD calls, jobs or missions to complete, its getting pretty hard to find the fun. Would be easy to satisfy everyone here and make it something like the crowd density slide, to make gang/arasaka attacks more or less frequent. I mean, its not like they would just give up and stop IRL.

Without a NG+ this would at least satisfy us for a bit.

Last edited:
Do you know if the attacks happen permanently after choosing certain quest options, or is there a set number of ambushes per choice? And I agree that a toggle switch would be good

Do you know if the attacks happen permanently after choosing certain quest options, or is there a set number of ambushes per choice? And I agree that a toggle switch would be good
I believe that a single ambush occurs within a specific time period after completing a mission involving a gang, where you are caught/enter combat. It's not dynamic hence why the attacks 'stop'. They're simply not triggered anymore. I figure it is done this way so players don't get too annoyed by being randomly attacked constantly. It's a cute attempt at a system, but yet again badly implemented.

Most likely a set number if you consider that some are flooded by the atks on old saves and others not at all after a few attempts

I believe that a single ambush occurs within a specific time period after completing a mission involving a gang, where you are caught/enter combat. It's not dynamic hence why the attacks 'stop'. They're simply not triggered anymore. I figure it is done this way so players don't get too annoyed by being randomly attacked constantly. It's a cute attempt at a system, but yet again badly implemented.
that exactly is the case continuing a lvl 50 base game clear save after 2.X will spawn waves after waves for any decision made to that point and than just stops after the set amount - and yes I miss them too : /

Last edited:
Most likely a set number if you consider that some are flooded by the atks on old saves and others not at all after a few attempts

that exactly is the case continuing a lvl 50 base game clear save after 2.X will spawn waves after waves for any decision made to that point and than just stops after the set amount - and yes I miss them too : /
Yeah I experienced the conga line of enemies on the 40 hour save I had from before 2.1. Hilarious.

I do like the idea, but definitely it should be done in a better way. Apparently 2.1 added some gang reputation system, so I think that should be used to determine the amount and type of enemies that attack you, which changes depending on how many enemies you kill of a certain gang, regardless of missions and on whether you were lethal or none lethal. Then instead of just having a triggered car chase, have enemies attack you when you enter their territory, whether on foot or in a car. The gangs have actual territory and it is in the game. There are many things that could be done with a system like this, changing reputation based on choices that you make. For example there are certain assasination missions where you can choose to spare a member of a gang, this could improve the reputation.

Why they went for Benny hill car chases and called it a day is a bit strange. I hope it gets reworked but I doubt it, so I'll patiently wait for some modder to do it.

Yeah I experienced the conga line of enemies on the 40 hour save I had from before 2.1. Hilarious.

I do like the idea, but definitely it should be done in a better way. Apparently 2.1 added some gang reputation system, so I think that should be used to determine the amount and type of enemies that attack you, which changes depending on how many enemies you kill of a certain gang, regardless of missions and on whether you were lethal or none lethal. Then instead of just having a triggered car chase, have enemies attack you when you enter their territory, whether on foot or in a car. The gangs have actual territory and it is in the game. There are many things that could be done with a system like this, changing reputation based on choices that you make. For example there are certain assasination missions where you can choose to spare a member of a gang, this could improve the reputation.

Why they went for Benny hill car chases and called it a day is a bit strange. I hope it gets reworked but I doubt it, so I'll patiently wait for some modder to do it.
I would love a more detailed system like this for consoles as well… hence even revenge atks for all the stolen cars I bring to Muamar would be a start but they still don’t care no matter how many I already took from them….

i also would love to see FIA assaults on me after Reed barks like a Terrier on me for betraying him or Alex who also said I’m on their list… but nothing :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom