Gangs don't chase or send hit squads after V if you attack them in free roam.

+
In a future update or patch, please make it so that gangs can chase us and send hit squads when we choose to attack them in free roam, the game is wonderful currently, but the open world just feels too empty and not reactive enough when it comes to causing chaos. We would love to see gangs come after us when we attack them in free roam because it hurts the reactivity of the open world by a lot when it's tied to quests and gigs.

I also wish the hit squads wouldn't come immediately after you complete the gigs. It's weird to still be in a conversation with a fixer when they roll up to take revenge for something you did 2 seconds ago

No, "we" don't want this. There is literally nothing to do in this game BUT attack gangs and corps when you boil it all down to basics. If every scanner hustle and street corner spawned an ambush, you'd never have a free moment when you weren't in combat. And you'd probably be level 40 before leaving Watson.

The patch notes made it sound like this feature should depend on choices you make during missions or gigs. And sometimes it even seems to work. When I snuck the doctor out of Maelstrom's clutches while only non-lethally knocking out a few goons to clear my way... I got no ambush.

But then sometimes it messes up. I did Tyger's Toe gig where I didn't even touch anyone. Snuck in, spiked the server, and snuck out. Nobody saw me. No alarms raised. STILL got ambushed leaving the Megabuilding. Same happened to me in another gig where I did it stealth but lethal. Yeah, left some bodies behind but still nobody saw me. Still got ambushed.

Top Bottom