gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)

+
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42) (line 42)

Looked all over the internet, tried everything - no solution. Game crashes after a sec or 10 seconds after starting a new game because Direct X 12 error(not line 40 error - they are different). It happened after 1.6 update not only me but everyone with this problem had constant crashes to dx12 error. Ask questions

Just the exact same problem... I uninstalled all mods, deleted every Cyberpunk related folder (yes, also in appdata) and reinstalled it for the third time now.
I'm starting to believe that the error is on Cyberpunk's side.

Oh... and my system is the complete opposite: AMD 7800x3D and a 7900XTX. I play a LOT of games and everything else runs just fine.

UPDATE:

Found solution. The only way for cp to work you need to download EVGA overclocker and put Memory Clock for -1000 (in afterburner only -500) and gpu clock for -400- -300. Works for a few hours though sometimes crashes.

@beka45 any other solution comes to mind? i bought new computer last month and don't want to melt it right away. those values are more than double of the default ones

Intel Core i9 13900HX Raptor Lake
RAM 32GB DDR5
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 8GB 140 W (MUX Switch)

@beka45 any other solution comes to mind? i bought new computer last month and don't want to melt it right away. those values are more than double of the default ones

RAM 32GB DDR5
it won't melt it instead it will slow ur gpu down so that you won't get these issues. idk i tried everything only this worked so far

any other solution comes to mind? i bought new computer last month and don't want to melt it right away. those values are more than double of the default ones

RAM 32GB DDR5
Thats a laptop right? How are the temps? Any overclocking or auto overclock programs?

Yeah, the game just poorly optimized after 2.11 patch. I'm facing the same issue as well. Every time I go to another menu/interface and close it, the game will crash, like open inventory > close inventory > crash, pause the game > resume > crash, shopping > buy items & close the shop > crash, jack in to something > exit interface > crash, etc.

I've contacted CDPR, tried everything they said, the game still crash. They even giving me the same answer every time, it feels like I'm talking to a bot now, they're not even try to find the root-cause of the problem. They're just giving the same template like this
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the latest Game Ready drivers using this link.
2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers. Make sure you're using Safe Mode.
3. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

If that doesn't help, please try the following:
1. Delete REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from the following location: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
2. Make sure that DirectX12 shader cache is not corrupted.
- Search for disk cleanup in the Taskbar search box.
- Click on the search result.
- Select the C drive and click the OK button.
- Select the DirectX Shader Cache checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your PC and launch the game. See if it helped.

Best regards,
Calico

==============================================================

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Is your BIOS up-to-date? If not, please update it to the latest version.

Additionally, please make sure that your RAM is using the correct XMP/EXPO profile in the BIOS/UEFI - how to do that varies depending on the motherboard, I recommend googling for "setting XMP in [your motherboard manufacturer]".

On the other hand, if it's already enabled, try disabling it and see if it helps.

Best regards,
Calico
What I wonder is, before 2.11 everything is good and fine. I can do everything without any crash ever since the new game till I finished the story. Then, why now? This tells me that the software is the problem, the game is not optimize.

Metro Exodus support is better handling thing like this, their support literally guide me like "if you do this what will happen, how about this, ohh and the last this one. Ahh, now I understand the culprit" and escalate the case to the right person, the person later gave me a small size file to download through email and paste it to the folder in Metro Exodus. Voilaa the problems gone, completely gone.

While come this CDPR, "hey, this is a product from us. You get what you got and we don't care if this problem is not happens to majority of people. Now give me your money", what a joke. Cheap hotel helpline is better at doing their job.

Top Bottom