Gripes with weapon/clothing scaling and upgrades

+
I'm really not enjoying this game from an item-standpoint. The weapons become obsolete very quickly after getting them and this includes iconic weapons. You can't upgrade their rarity unless you spent precious attribute points in the Technical stat, which means that for nearly every build, crafting is almost mandatory if you want to use iconic weapons AT ALL. Not just a paltry amount, but if you're shooting for legendaries, you need a whopping 18 points.

If you are not a crafter, you get to enjoy Iconic rare weapons for a few levels before an uncommon or another rare comes along and replaces it. Upgrading requires an utterly atrocious amount of materials, especially if you've found a nice Legendary, or spent your eddies on it. Around level 25, a vendor Legendary costs as much as some of the most expensive cars in the game and worst of all? They too are replaced with no reasonable way to get the materials needed to upgrade them. Also, don't get me started on how little upgrading your weapons actually scales them. The cost becomes greater and greater on weapons and clothing that were low level that you want to scale appropriately to your current level. The whole system just stinks.

Then there's mods. Oh man. To remove a precious mod from a piece of clothing or weapon you have to again, put 16 points into Technical. I found a leopard print trench coat at like level 5 with 20 armor and a LEGENDARY Fortuna mod with +15 crit. I'm now level 27 and I've refused to take the thing off because that mod is just too good, but to remove it and reuse it I have to put points into Technical, because I can't even find one at any clothing shop for sale and I'm sure if I did, it'd probably cost what I'm worth in Cyberware.

What I'm getting at is, I think the crafting and item side of the game could use a major makeover, but I guess that'll have to come after the myriad of bugs and glitches are fixed first, as well as crashes. Just some things to consider even if they have to get put on the backburner.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but as someone who did all the dirty work to get them, it's incredibly satisfying once you finish the weapon.
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-17 04_59_20.png

Top Bottom