Gwent Art Contest artworks

+
Personally, I'm rather partial to this one (even if the queen's choice of war attire is a wee bit questionable):

By Vadim Simanin

No Title

Plenty of great contenders.
My favourite is Cedric (Witcher II).

Attachments

• photo205841.jpg
    photo205841.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,146
A lot of these are just plain awesome! :D excellent work to all who participated. It's going to be so hard voting :(

But the one I picked out first was this version of Angouleme by India Lee Crews:

I am a bit more fond of the darker entries than the lighter more comical ones because drama xD Ewald, and certain monsters, as well as some versions of the Lady of The Lake, the illustration of Lydia that DoubleDealer posted above, Vlodimir, the quality of these is just breathtaking!

So many beautiful artworks! Really exiting to see all those characters from the books.

I've been waiting for a Renfri card. I would really like the one DoubleDealer posted, it would no doubt make for a fancy premium, if Renfri eased up on the eyeliner and remembered to put her pants/skirt on.
The winner for me, hands down, is this: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Q4A44
I love the theme, the simple, muted ( is that the correct term? ) colours, the proper/realistic look and attire. I can't get over the crude stitching on the pants, such an amazing detail! In my opinion, on par with the existing card artworks.

Honourable mentions:
Kalkstein, just because. :p
Vespula, Princess in distress, just for the fun factor.

Last edited:
bilbo.baggins;n10796601 said:
it would no doubt make for a fancy premium, if Renfri eased up on the eyeliner and remembered to put her pants/skirt on.

That piece of cloth she's flailing around IS her skirt.

DoubleDealer;n10796911 said:
That piece of cloth she's flailing around IS her skirt.

Not sure if you're joking or there's actually a similar scene in the books ( if there's, i obviously don't remember it ). Whatever the case, i still prefer the other artwork.

I agree with the players before me: amazing works of art by amazing artists. I have counted over 30 graphics that are so good that I will have trouble finding a winner for myself. I'm really curious which ones will make it into the actual card game. My favorite by a very small margin to this point:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/P38ZZ

Top Bottom