Gwent. Gwent never changes

+
I was playing Gwent on and off since closed beta. For me it always was a most stunningly beautiful free-time sink with a lore based on one of the best fantasy novels and games of our age. Sadly up until now i had not much of said free time so i decided to give Gwent a try again cos last time ive played it was when we bought Thronebreaker and there were like two or three expansions released since then. Gladly there is a battle royale tournament going on right now to fill me in on whats meta looks like.

Guess what the meta is? Getting a red coin. If both players are of equal skill the player on red coin wins like 80% of the time. 20% are won on the back of RNG.

Years may have passed since people were giving up on ladder on blue coin to save themselves some time especially in mirror matches. But has Gwent actually changed even a bit?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
This whole thread is about the coin flip and going first. Then you ask if Gwent actually has changed even a bit? There is more to the game then just the coin flip. Also, the aforementioned has mattered less and less. So, yes, Gwent has changed. Almost everything about the game is different, except for the core mechanics.

War might never change, but Gwent did.

Top Bottom