How Gwent can live normally.

+
There are currently 2 people working on Gwent, as I heard, I don’t know what their specialty is, but Gwent can perform well under very simple conditions, what I proposed before was more complicated, although quite feasible, but for what I am proposing now, I don’t see any serious ones at all obstacles.
In the game files right now there are OBT cards, cards from Thronebreaker, some leader cards (Calanthe, Eithne, art Aretuza) and cards from Rogue Mage, there were times when people took them out and sort of made leaks before the cards were released, let's get to the point, I have two suggestions that can be combined into one: Open up the opportunity for Gwent publics, together with the community, to come up with abilities for these cards, and over the course of a year, slowly let those two people who working on Gwent introduce these cards into the game. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be possible, no campaign needed, just add these cards OR sell them for real money or in-game resources separately - one card at a time.
The second part of my proposal is completely new cards from the community, drawn by those who want to draw, again under the supervision of people who have remained faithful to the game (streamers, thematic groups who, by voting, will send you six (or seven) cards with well-designed abilities per year, which you just need to implement in the game) Essentially, everything that's needed those two or three people it just technically add six game cards from the community to the game throughout the year, and sell them. I'll buy them, I'll buy any cosmetics you make for the game, and I don't see a single reason why all of this can't be implemented. The two people left to supervise the gwent can do a little more during the year than you previously planned. I think we will all be ready to accept temporary bugs and inaccuracies, everything to keep the game alive.
Give this option, and people will return to the game, I'm sure it will give it a new breath, a new life, and you will have to do almost nothing, but at the same time you will be able to make new cosmetics for the game and get some money.

Last edited:
This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but a few new cards won't fix Gwent (they can definitely change the meta though) and it certainly won't bring in a ton of new players.

A lot of new players will be attracted by advertising, which will not be there, but what I am offering is quite real, and this will help better to SAVE the community and bring back those who have not yet gone far. I still see people writing that they are back in the game, and at rank thirty it is still easy to find an opponent. Look at the places you occupy just by playing the game - five thousandths plus, eight thousandths plus, if you have played only a couple of games, then it shows you that you are in thirty thousandth places, this means that due to mobile phones, gog, and steam, the game goes through there are a lot of people every month. All this makes sense to support, and the projects understand this, otherwise they would not release Gwentfinity, I am only offering adequate additions to this. Which will help everyone.

Well, to each their own I suppose. It might retain a few players for a longer time to keep releasing a few more cards, but the game has already given up on balancing and content patches disappeared because they weren't bringing in enough players. With that said, community-designed cards might shift the meta and do things that so far the official design team has not been willing to do, which combined with adjusting provisioning costs can change up the game in fresh ways that would make it more fun to play, but it's a bit of a long shot and ultimately, part of the problem is that there aren't enough hands on deck to do anything more than basic maintenance. Sometimes these sorts of projects do get better once they are basically mothballed and ignored though, because the amount of meddling from others vanishes and the few people left, now left to their own devices, can start fixing the real problems the game has by retuning content. With that said, the community-designed cards would have to be quite good to help bring the game in a better spot than it already is and the staff would have to have the ability and inclination to make such a substantive change.

I honestly think they should just rerelease old Gwent, from the beta days. Gwent has been bleeding players ever since the midwinter patch and the ironically named Homecoming patch was pretty much the end for those of us who enjoyed the old game, which we could no longer play. And I know for a fact there are still a lot of people who'd love to play old Gwent but have no interest in playing the new one. But I'm a tad biased; I enjoyed the old game, but not the new one. The old game was one where you could enjoy playing game after game after game with the same deck. The new one made me uninstall the moment beta ended. From what I can tell, the new game doesn't have the staying power old Gwent did.

Also, on a side note, I think the forums are pretty much dead these days, if you're hoping for engagement from more people. I notice that the "HOT TOPICS" page has several threads from 3 days ago so it seems like the forum has been moving at a pace of 4-6 posts per day and viewcount of new threads has been rising very slowly. I'm pretty sure the forums' engagement has dropped significantly ever since they replaced the old vbulletin forums back in 2018 with the new XenForo one that has a bad layout which makes reading and going through the forum unnecessarily cumbersome, but a large part of it is also down to the fact that there are no new games and there is no new content to motivate forum engagement.

I don’t quite understand why you are arguing instead of sread this idea going somewhere on reddit and reaching it to those who can make decisions... I also miss OBT, but what I propose will give Gwent life no matter what. This will give the game stability and long life almost independently of the developers, but at the same time they can get benefit from it.
Post automatically merged:

Well, to each their own I suppose. It might retain a few players for a longer time to keep releasing a few more cards, but the game has already given up on balancing and content patches disappeared because they weren't bringing in enough players. With that said, community-designed cards might shift the meta and do things that so far the official design team has not been willing to do, which combined with adjusting provisioning costs can change up the game in fresh ways that would make it more fun to play, but it's a bit of a long shot and ultimately, part of the problem is that there aren't enough hands on deck to do anything more than basic maintenance. Sometimes these sorts of projects do get better once they are basically mothballed and ignored though, because the amount of meddling from others vanishes and the few people left, now left to their own devices, can start fixing the real problems the game has by retuning content. With that said, the community-designed cards would have to be quite good to help bring the game in a better spot than it already is and the staff would have to have the ability and inclination to make such a substantive change.

I honestly think they should just rerelease old Gwent, from the beta days. Gwent has been bleeding players ever since the midwinter patch and the ironically named Homecoming patch was pretty much the end for those of us who enjoyed the old game, which we could no longer play. And I know for a fact there are still a lot of people who'd love to play old Gwent but have no interest in playing the new one. But I'm a tad biased; I enjoyed the old game, but not the new one. The old game was one where you could enjoy playing game after game after game with the same deck. The new one made me uninstall the moment beta ended. From what I can tell, the new game doesn't have the staying power old Gwent did.

Also, on a side note, I think the forums are pretty much dead these days, if you're hoping for engagement from more people. I notice that the "HOT TOPICS" page has several threads from 3 days ago so it seems like the forum has been moving at a pace of 4-6 posts per day and viewcount of new threads has been rising very slowly. I'm pretty sure the forums' engagement has dropped significantly ever since they replaced the old vbulletin forums back in 2018 with the new XenForo one that has a bad layout which makes reading and going through the forum unnecessarily cumbersome, but a large part of it is also down to the fact that there are no new games and there is no new content to motivate forum engagement.
I would add that my proposal includes the fact that new cards do not have to be voiced, even animated, all that is needed from СDPR is to add new mechanics to the game invented by the community. I am sure that two people can cope with this, and if we talk about one year timing, then one person can cope with this even in a volunteer format with the permission of the СDPR

Last edited:
Top Bottom