GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
Yes.. I just verified.. They haven't published last month (for Season of Viper) which they would ideally have released on Jun end.. and we should get for Season of Magic by Jul end.. both are missing..
According to Gwentdata (which only has access to public data, so it only accounts for top 2500 in pro league), daily usage NG is 27-32%, ST is 4-8%, and all others are about 15-20% for Season of the Griffin.

Last edited:
As it currently looks, I don't see Saov getting played without a change. At best it's likely only a 9-for-12 if you manage to pull it R1.

I'd suggest that after the initial 3 point counter requirement is met, Saov should be re-summoned from the graveyard on every subsequent special card played. That makes it a little more useful. You could feed it to Ele'yas, for instance, and then bring it back again the next turn. If it was an Elf instead of a Spectre, it'd play into the ST Neophytes as well.

And this new spell... Well, that's so underwhelming I'm not even going to comment further.

The ST cards look really disappointing compared to what's being released for the other factions. I can only hope that they're saving some really broken stuff for the final PoP3 reveal that will suddenly make sense when combined with these cards. :(

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The last nail to ST coffin:

View attachment 11239867

Yes, play for 4 points with a promise of playing it one more time for 4 points max.. Yes, for 6P. Amazing. Mind Blown. Spell and not Nature. Can't ask for more.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

but srsly, what the actual hell is this :disapprove:
how are the makers of this card the same people that made blightmaker and witch apprentice (originally a 5p and 4p) ???
this card wouldnt even impress me at 4p, although it would at least seem playable.
edit: so the idea is playing spellatael with even more carryover while having no points for round 1? brilliant.

Guest 4375874

Winter Queen and Flying Redanian have summon value. Meet the requirement which is actually quite easy in their respective archetype and get the summon value. Winter Queen is a Thrive Engine (and one provision cheaper). Crow Mother needs to be played, but she plays for 8 for 10 and to pull her later is super easy, just play a special to get her back. If this card had counter as 1 (or no counter at all, no one would be complaining).

When every other faction gets busted card (and has got busted cards and busted buffs continuously), ST alone getting fair cards make them look like a fool. With counter 3 and 9P this is just CDPR laughing at ST. How would SK people feel if Crow Mother would need to have 3 alchemy cards played to come back?

And to add insult to the injury it is not even a Nature Card. Overall [...].
Winter queen can only be summoned ONCE. This card can be returned several times and unlike crow mother or flying redanian using your spells benefits several other cards significantly as well, adding to that ST can replay spells so this card cannot be treated the same as crow mother. If anything these cards present a real concern for unitless ST becoming dominant again.

But this appears to be the huge point swing crowd and I guess that's on the devs because they've been pushing it for several months so that's what everyone wants to see now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winter queen can only be summoned ONCE. This card can be returned several times and unlike crow mother or flying redanian using your spells benefits several other cards significantly as well, adding to that ST can replay spells so this card cannot be treated the same as crow mother.
Come, what are you talking about? "Unlike" crow mother and redanian? Like this card is stronger than them? Crow mother comes back every time you use 1 single alchemy card, which synergizes with leader and engines, and the redanian is a hoard card, among other hoard cards. Both can be destroyed and re-summoned way easier and more often than this "specter." The only thing spells benefit on ST is Gord, a single tall finisher.

Winter queen can only be summoned ONCE. This card can be returned several times and unlike crow mother or flying redanian using your spells benefits several other cards significantly as well, adding to that ST can replay spells so this card cannot be treated the same as crow mother. If anything these cards present a real concern for unitless ST becoming dominant again.

But this appears to be the huge point swing crowd and I guess that's on the devs because they've been pushing it for several months so that's what everyone wants to see now.
and playing alchemy cards doesnt benefit several cards in its deck? getting coins doesnt benefit SY decks? there is literally 0 investment to re-summon the cards.
also how can this deck become unitless if the cards that replay literally need units to be boosted? and most of them are getting pretty tall as well it seems. problem with this pack will be that you do play tons of specials and get a huge gord but it will be an insane struggle to win round 1 to even be able to play gord last say. it doesnt do much for you to play a 20 point gord if your opponent just holds his heatwave or whatever.
I guess it's too early to say anything definitive but my biggest disappointment with the new cards is that they are so incredibly boring, they do nothing new, nothing we havent seen other cards do and do better.

Say what you want about the card itself, but this flavour text combined with the card's art is one of the best in the entire game:
1627326055216.png

Whoever came up with this and the previous HP reference, they're awesome in my book.

Say what you want about the card itself, but this flavour text combined with the card's art is one of the best in the entire game:
View attachment 11239948

Whoever came up with this and the previous HP reference, they're awesome in my book.
the card arts are top notch, I hope the cards turn out to be better than expected.

Last edited:
  • RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
I sometimes think that Gwent team has a credit score of 100 which they can allocate for a card and this credit can be used for the provision/power or the art. And whoever is in charge of ST, loves the art so much that they allocate all 100 credits to the art leaving the provision/power/ability crappy as hell. Once in a while I will be OK for ST to have unimpressive art and impressive ability.

That being said, before ST reveals started, I told "wait for contrived, hard to pull, over-priced cards for mediocre points" and I believe I was correct. All ST cards are clumsy, contrived, over priced and all for mediocre points. Now, embrace yourself for 12 for 12P (or even 13+ for 12P) on easy conditions and on top of that it being an engine or have additional easy synergies and other 9 for 4P or 10 for 5P on easy conditions.. Yes, SK follows.

the card arts are top notch,
i personally think the eh person on top of the blue elk is missing the rein. I don't care about harry potter, nor about a card referring to it. I spend money on this! I expected awesome Gwent-Art not this. So i am reconsidering pre-buying the expansions from now on, i feel cheated hard!

Off topic: I am also disappointed that my Glustyworp premium still has a hole on his back.

i personally think the eh person on top of the blue elk is missing the rein. I don't care about harry potter, nor about a card referring to it. I spend money on this! I expected awesome Gwent-Art not this. So i am reconsidering pre-buying the expansions from now on, i feel cheated hard!

Off topic: I am also disappointed that my Glustyworp premium still has a hole on his back.
I dont understand what you mean by "missing the rein" and I didnt mention HP, I just said I like the card arts :)
I didnt pre-order any expansion for quite some time since they get more and more expensive (and I have ore and scraps laying around anyway)

"missing the rein"

it's the leather thingy in his left hand attached to the bit in the animals mouth.

The card is a HP ref. Expecto Patronum, the spell that conjured up Harry's magnificent stag Patronus, roughly translates into 'I expect (or await) a guardian' in Latin.

Sure the price of power is going up, and scraps and ore are also in abundance here, i just like to support and buy the expansions, the price of power can be high as long as it is justified, hence my criticism.

i personally think the eh person on top of the blue elk is missing the rein.
The unit version of the card has the Specter tag, so the stag having not only a saddle but also a rider is not realistic -- a bridle would be even more so. (But this is a game set in a fantasy universe where magic also exists, I know.)

The background is completely different from that LotR (or Hobbit, whichever) scene, so it's clearly not intended to be a recreation of that. Therefore the details being different only makes sense.

I don't see a magic orb in the movie elf's hand or an arrow quiver on the card elf's back, so why should the specter stag on the card be bridled? If one such detail matters then so should the others. Not to mention the setting.

These new SK cards when you read their description and try to figure out how they work :confused:

But im guessing they combo with each other, perhaps you play the common bronzes with portal like its done now with fish flappers, so it doesnt hurt itself on deploy.

Then the Melusine and the hermits hurt the other and heal/strengthen themselves and you just keep getting rain to put on opponent's side.

And if you strengthen Melusine enough, she might be a good target for Sigdrifa's rite and do it all again on different rounds?

• RED Point
Top Bottom