Hacking has been simplified?

+
I thought QTEs specifically prompt you on screen to press a button within a certain time period?

Because it is like that. There has been no quick time events in CP2077 unless you consider having limited time in certain dialogue options prompting you to think on your feet

A quick time event filled game can also be fun and a masterpiece. God of War comes to mind as a game that had some of the most cinematic and epic stuff happening with QTE

By that logic every game has QTEs, gaming on a basic level is QTEs.
ONLY those that are generally FPS in the first place.

In "real" RPGs character skills are used not player intervention.

I thought QTEs specifically prompt you on screen to press a button within a certain time period?
You have to block or dodge based on timing or animation queues within a specific (short) time to successfully block or dodge. As I said, much the same, not EXACTLY the same.

Matrix runs in Shadowrun on sega genesis. But it's not a mini, it's a game of it's own.
I will always compare any hacking or net running to that. Where you enter a completely different virtual world to accomplish whatever objective you are trying to do. Being able to remotely hack and fight with the system security instead of breaking in and get to a physical terminal makes the game play so varied that replaying a game would make it a new experience. It's a shame Microsoft destroyed that great game, they could have had a goldmine.

Blocks and dodges are basically QTEs.
I totally understand what you meant now. I basically deleted the game. Totally let go, and just felt this wave of peace and relief wash over me. I'm so happy I don't have to play it anymore. The lock picking mini game, you could consider it the games version of hacking, it was so horrible. so so horrible. But I'm over it. A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Post automatically merged:

By that logic every game has QTEs, gaming on a basic level is QTEs.
I gotta disagree on this one because QTE's are abbreviated for "Quick Time Events" where you have to press a button at the correct time sensitive area to execute a scripted action/event where control is taken away from the player and you watch them perform an action automatically while your controls are temporarily locked for a few seconds. QTE's are very distinct and recognizable, once you experience one, you know you've experienced one in that context of a specific game. :think:
Post automatically merged:

:think: That is a toughie.

OK I think I got one, how about the water pipe puzzles from Bioshock?
Sorry everyone but bioshock pipe mini game is not original
also it was one of my least favorite hacking mini games in bioshock

very stressful because they didn't let you assemble the pipes first, and turn the water on after, I think that's why I didn't like it if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Hacking is a little game in the game, in my opinion, not boring but very simplistic. I was a Hacker, I went to prison for that, obviously I am forbidden to go into the subject, yet there is so much to say, it is not illegal computer experts who will say the opposite. as female Hacker i have been, i enjoy this game mode.
unfortunately this Hacking mode suffers from improbabilities with the very logic of {my own definition}; the * intranet / infranet domain*.
a perfect example, Suicide; you trigger a suicide module on an echo, after he has blown his brains out, his little friends know they are under attack. he can kill himself for many reasons. Obviously, at the 4th suicide, it is a certainty; something is wrong with everything. Hacking suffers from balance.
we are there; Hacking rarely pays off compared to the efforts of ourselves. apart from the exp, what else can we say?

Last edited:
Top Bottom