List of announced improvements of patch 2.0 and Phantom Liberty

+
NUEVO.jpg

As CDPR gives interviews, shows new videos, and tours, we'll learn more about all the improvements that the next patch and PL will bring to Cyberpunk 2077 before CDPR lets it go forever. Not all improvements will be in the patch. They will be distributed between the patch and the expansion, we will know more about this in September.

I would like you to help me make a detailed guide to all the new features that will help us players to appreciate the work done by CDPR.

I will expose the ones that I know (if I am wrong, correct me) and I await your contributions with the information that you may know.

:ok: Skill tree rebuilt from scratch with new abilities.

:ok: The level cap has been increased to 60.

:ok:Improved inventory management and information

:ok: Improved HUD. Some kind of dynamic HUD. As an example, when you start talking to Myers, the entire HUD disappears.

:ok:New phone interface. Now divided into 3 categories: Recent Contacts, Messages, and Contacts (which are sorted alphabetically).

:ok:The clothes will only be aesthetic. Armor is indeed linked to Cyberware but actual armor - breast plates, plate carriers, etc. will still have armor stats. No more hobo clown clothes armor.

:ok:New clothes

:ok:Transmog management (Wardrobe) is now also available in clothing stores, not just in V's apartments.

:ok:Abilities, will be linked to the cyberware.

:ok:New ways of killing hand-to-hand and more aggressive.

:ok:A cooldown has been added to healing items and grenades so you won't be able to spam them.

:ok:Netrunning changes. Now you can make combos with quick hacks and you don't have to wait a while to use another hack on the same enemy, but it will add it to the queue.

:ok:You can hack and destroy enemy vehicles.

:ok:There was also spotted something like: "Netrunner Booster" that made RAM unlimited for a short while. You can also hack through monowire.

:ok:More on netrunning changes: Hacks are divided into two categories: ones that expose your position to the enemy (all the combat hacks) and the ones that don't. When you get detected after using combat hack, but you are not found yet, you will notice a progress bar showing the time needed for an enemies to find your position via network and during that period every detectable hack will speed up this progress by certain amount of time. So if you want to take everyone down via hacks without being found, you need to queque them up in the right way.

:ok:Enemy netrunners have been buffed. Now, instead of trying to overheat the player all the time, they tried to disable weapons and cyberware, among other things.

:ok:The Relic option is now active. Relic's abilities give ultrapowers for a limited time. Exclusive feature in Phantom Liberty. Relic points (which unlock additional abilities in the Relic skill tree) are obtained by connecting to the Militech terminals spread across Dogtown.

:ok:It's possible to increase the number of installable cyberware with the corresponding perks (attributes?).

:ok:Some NPCs react to our character. These NPCs seemed to be marked with a green circle on the minimap.

:ok:New weapons.

:ok:New Cyberware.

:ok:There will be illegal weapons and cyberware that we will only get in Dogtown.

:ok:New RIpperdocs

:ok:Installing cyberware in Ripperdocs will have an animation of sitting down and getting up from the chair. We don't know if there will be any kind of additional animation.

:ok:A cyberware limiter that prevents us from getting too rough with chrome. Cyberpsychosis will not be reached, but an excess of chrome will penalise us in the skills

:ok:New available area near the Orbital Air Space Center.

:ok:New roads in the Badlands have also been spotted as well as new things all around Night City.

:ok:New vehicles.

:ok:You can jump out of the vehicle and attack.

:ok:Ability to get all vehicles in the game through purchase or missions. Including those who drive npcs and that you can't own now. The purchase of cars can also be made through the Autofixit website. They have also talked about: new vehicle buying system (similar to the one known from GTA 5).

:ok:Purchase or use of armed vehicles and whose destructive capacity can be improved

:ok:Police rebuilt from scratch, it will be totally different. Vehicle persecution, hacking or damage to your vehicle, barricades and MAXTAC as a last option. They come down from their air vehicle and it will be really difficult. There will be different types of Maxtac soldiers that we will fight when we have 5 stars. In addition, we will be able to intercept the NCPD radio to find out their attack plans against us.

:ok:Huge expansion of enemy AI.

:ok:There will be hunters who will look for us in the city to kill us.

:ok:Enemies chase us and fight in cars and motorcycles.

:ok:Enemy archetypes have been redone to give more variety.

:ok:The pedestrians are mostly bug fixes.

:ok:New romantic moments and unlock new dialogues. Phantom Liberty will have "no new romance options" but "some new content" for existing characters.

:ok:The difficulty curve is different.

:ok:The UI and UX have been greatly updated.

:ok:Improved Vehicle Driving.

:ok:Attack from vehicles. Apart from being able to use ranged weapons in vehicle combat, you can now also use melee weapons while riding a motorcycle.

:ok:Vehicle Combat also available from 3rd person perspective.

:ok:Endings in PL will affect the base game. Then, based on the ending within Phantom Liberty, you can unlock a new ending in the base game.

:ok:Improved physics. As an example, they have said that vehicle tires can be destroyed.

:ok:Fights between factions from vehicles and persecutions.

:ok:Small orders or missions that are generated randomly.

:ok: Radiant quests.

:ok: A whole variety of conflicts and activities that are generated in Night city to give the characteristics of a living world and in which we can intervene or ignore them.

:ok:Enemies chasing you with their vehicles if you run away.

:ok: They've overhauled the weather and atmosphere as well.

:ok: Improved Character models and facial animations.

:ok:The climbing animations for V seem to have been improved.

:ok:Improved design of various game content.

:ok: Minimap is more dynamic. The zoom out effect of it has been smoothed out and it also zooms out with higher speed.

:ok:3 new radio stations, 89.7 Growl FM (community music), Dark Star (music of CDPR and two songs of Idris Elba) and Impulse Radio (create by Dj Idris Elba).

:ok:A new mini game called "Trauma Drama" is being added into the game (don't know if it's PL exclusive or not). It's another arcade machine side-scroller game.

:ok:A new side quest for Vik will be added that will force players with an existing save to change cyberware to reduce the newly added "humanity cost" that gives stats debuffs.

Tell me more news Choom!!!

Last edited:
:ok:There will be new endings thanks to PL where V can possibly save himself from death.
It's "confirmed" ?
I could be wrong, but I heard that choices in Phantom Liberty will have an impact on base game ending(s)*, yes. Again, "having an impact" doesn't mean that the outcome will change.

*I put (s) at ending because not sure if it's on all endings or just one.

Minute 9:30. Tell me if my traslate is wrong
"As the trailer shows Songbird brings you in, with the promise of being able to handle your issue with the Relic. So yeah, it will affect outcomes in the base game as well as the story Phantom Liberty within itself has different multiple variations of endings and things like that"

It's just my opinion, but I could be wrong :)

"Songbird brings you in, with the promise of being able to handle your issue with the Relic"
It's a promise, which could be same as Alt, the VDBs or Hanako... So it's "only" a promise and in an expansion "spy-triller", I quote : "You don't know who to trust". So it could well be an empty promise.

"it will affect outcomes in the base game as well as the story Phantom Liberty within itself has different multiple variations of endings"
So Phantom Liberty have multiple endings which will affect the outcome in the base game. If PL add its own alternative ending (like V is cured), it's more than "affect"... If V is cured, it make the base game endings "useless". V wouldn't search a cure anymore.

Again, I could be wrong, but with what they said, I wouldn't claim that PL will add an ending in which V could find a cure :(

"As the trailer shows Songbird brings you in, with the promise of being able to handle your issue with the Relic. So yeah, it will affect outcomes in the base game as well as the story Phantom Liberty within itself has different multiple variations of endings and things like that"

It's just my opinion, but I could be wrong :)

"Songbird brings you in, with the promise of being able to handle your issue with the Relic"
It's a promise, which could be same as Alt, the VDBs or Hanako... So it's "only" a promise and in an expansion "spy-triller", I quote : "You don't know who to trust". So it could well be an empty promise.

"it will affect outcomes in the base game as well as the story Phantom Liberty within itself has different multiple variations of endings"
So Phantom Liberty have multiple endings which will affect the outcome in the base game. If PL add its own alternative ending (like V is cured), it's more than "affect"... If V is cured, it make the base game endings "useless". V wouldn't search a cure anymore.

Again, I could be wrong, but with what they said, I wouldn't claim that PL will add an ending in which V could find a cure :(
Yea i have a feeling it will be another bait and switch for poor V. It might open up other branches of the existing endings but i doubt we get any happy ending ,tbh i even doubt we will get a V cure ending without a giant downer on some other way. V lives but the world ends 1 week after! :D

You're right it seems that a happy ending for V with healing is unlikely. I particularly like that it doesn't have it, that there is a bittersweet ending, because that's how life is normally.

You're right it seems that a happy ending for V with healing is unlikely. I particularly like that it doesn't have it, that there is a bittersweet ending, because that's how life is normally.
Don't get me wrong, it's possible for V to find a cure (unlikely in my opinion, but possible).
From what they said, I think it's impossible to affirme that V will find a cure, or not. All we can "deduce", it's :
- Phantom Liberty will affect the ending(s) of the base game (more or less, impossible to say as well. It could be "simply" like the lifepaths^^).
- And finding a cure still the main reason to at least, start the expansion quest line.
Nothing more, really.

I bet it will give new options in current ending(s) - doubt it will add a completely new one. Saying this at least the Saka ending will most prob be involved to theses changes.

NPCS in the game will automatically disappear at a distance, especially when viewed from tall buildings, hoping to provide an adjustment function.

Yea i have a feeling it will be another bait and switch for poor V. It might open up other branches of the existing endings but i doubt we get any happy ending ,tbh i even doubt we will get a V cure ending without a giant downer on some other way. V lives but the world ends 1 week after! :D

Well, we know they're doing a sequel. What if PL sets up for the sequel? Like a post credit scene or something?
Post automatically merged:

Also, side note: have they said anything about next gen consoles getting visual upgrades as well?

Also if V does get cured in the new ending that would pretty much invalidate the other endings as why would you choose an ending where V has 6 months to live vs one where V gets cured.

Also if V does get cured in the new ending that would pretty much invalidate the other endings as why would you choose an ending where V has 6 months to live vs one where V gets cured.

I mean, I can't imagine the suicide ending is the one that people picked first, but it's there regardless. I'd just like to remind people that Alt said 6 months or possibly more. Even she was uncertain.

Havent heard anything about a visual upgrade at all. is there one?
I'm on ps5, but I don't remember it looking this good.

Last edited:
It says it's captured on ps5. :shrug:

Okay... I wasn't asking why it was there.
Oh sorry totally missed that. i guess they could have turned up some settings on the console editions? I though it was the Pc pictures so it does look better i think. Could possibly just be the enviroments that pops more in the new zone too i guess.. Im not sure if they have changed more with how the game renders stuff like they did in 1.62 and that makes it look better too.

Top Bottom