Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
Geralt_of_bsas;n10206132 said:
If they make a big reveal at E3 or before, I consider an october or november release very likely, however, E3 isn't that sure to be honest.

Witcher 3's big year at the time, 2014, still mattered only to put a pretty lame live demo on MS's E3 conference, while instead they left that incredible sword of destiny trailer for one of their own conferences before E3.

With the insane amount of hype going for CP, much more than for W3, and the success of W3 giving them more popularity, they could easily just skip E3 mostly or set up for an august reveal or something. E3 has a small teaser leading up to the actual gameplay debut later, and then release is early 2019.

My personal opinion (and that's all it is) is that an early 2019 release is the latest we see the game. So, Q1 or Q2. Earliest we see it is late 2018.

But anything can happen, as usual. But it'd be awful strange to start things now and then release the game in 2020 or late 2019.. That's like 2 MORE years of waiting on top of the 5 everyone has already waited.

4 years after the release of the masterpiece The Witcher 3, i'm back in the forums. The kings of the RPG CDPR are back. Can't wait to ride this wave with you fine people once again.

ChrisStayler;n10206322 said:
4 years after the release of the masterpiece The Witcher 3, i'm back in the forums. The kings of the RPG CDPR are back. Can't wait to ride this wave with you fine people once again.

The action RPG, maybe. ;)

Geralt_of_bsas;n10205922 said:
This is the only thing that makes today bitter sweet for me, I was expecting them to release next year.
Things might be better than we expect for Cyberpunk 2077:

Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt took 3.5 years to be made with 200 people working on it, and a part of that time was spent building the Red Engine.

Cyberpunk 2077 will take 3.0 years to be made if it's released by the end of this year with 450 people workin on it, with an engine that is already made.
  • Witcher Wild Hunt took 3 and a half years to be made, including time spent building the new red engine
  • CDPR started FULLY working on Cyberpunk 2077 in early 2016/ late 2015
  • late 2015 - late 2018 (considering it will be released late this year) = 3 years of development in CP2077
  • CDPR will have spent 3 years with Cyberpunk 2077 and with 500 employers (double than with witcher 3) not to mention it already had a group working on its concept designs since 2013

Last edited:
You cheeky little teasers...

[video=youtube;aIj0-m_tH-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIj0-m_tH-c[/video]

See ya again in a year for the announcement trailer :p

Lisbeth_Salander;n10206362 said:
Things might be better than we expect for Cyberpunk 2077:

Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt took 3.5 years to be made with 200 people working on it, and a part of that time was spent building the Red Engine.

Cyberpunk 2077 will take 3.0 years to be made if it's released by the end of this year with 450 people workin on it, with an engine that is already made.
  • Witcher Wild Hunt took 3 and a half years to be made, including time spent building the new red engine
  • CDPR started FULLY working on Cyberpunk 2077 in early 2016/ late 2015
  • late 2015 - late 2018 (considering it will be released late this year) = 3 years of development in CP2077
  • CDPR will have spent 3 years with Cyberpunk 2077 and with 500 employers (double than with witcher 3) not to mention it already had a group working on its concept designs since 2013

yeah I'm not seriously worried, more like a bit surprised that's all.

The engine had to be made for W3, though not from scratch, its still a heavily modified and adapted version of W2 for xbox. To TW3's engine, you'd have to add multiplayer functionality (and a very serious one, its not like they said it will have just a separate arena combat mode or something), all the modifications to handle environments extremely different that those of TW3, including a big city that yes will alleviate asset culling but will contain much more detail in every way. and if any vehicles are actually drivable at all: oh my god.

The rumors of a big change that the project went through, a turning point for the overall design, and the change of the director, are to be considered.

It might be 3 years of more than double the team, but troublesome years working potentially inefficiently on a much more ambitious design shouldn't underestimated. CP's design is the number one risk and it has always been that way, W3 doesn't even come close, even if it was CPDR's first open world game, other studios did open worlds before, its nothing new. This is unprecedented if we're still on the pnp wannabe CP version they announced back then.

If they scaled back down to something more like W3 on the other hand, I'm confident it will be just fine.

What the *beep* is happening? oh...
We meet again, hypothetical dream game.

Snowflakez;n10205962 said:
Whether or not it can meet everybody's expectations here (impossible) remains to be seen.

But it's not like I'm giving them my hard earned money yet, anyway - I have no skin in the game.

I personally disagree withe the statement that Cyperpunk 2077 won't meet my expectations. TW3 surpassed most peoples expectations of what it could be. Of course the human mind is powerful and if you think too crazy sure no game can surpass the mind. Just don't think too crazy or unrealistic expectations and i think most people will be fine and happy with the finish product.

ChrisStayler;n10206672 said:
I personally disagree withe the statement that Cyperpunk 2077 won't meet my expectations. TW3 surpassed most peoples expectations of what it could be. Of course the human mind is powerful and if you think too crazy sure no game can surpass the mind. Just don't think too crazy or unrealistic expectations and i think most people will be fine and happy with the finish product.

I'm referring to specific individuals here. Some of us have very, very high hopes for the game.

Others just want certain systems to be present, and the lack of those systems will be a dealbreaker for them.

So yes, it's not going to meet everyone's expectations. It's impossible.

From what they've promised about the game so far (yes, promised), however, I'm sure I'll probably enjoy it at the very least. But I don't know if it'll fully meet or exceed all of my wildest expectations, either. Only two games ever have.

Last edited:
ChrisStayler;n10206672 said:

It always depends on what kind of expectations are you talking about, whether they are realistic or not, but also what started them.

It's true W3 surpassed many's expectations, but it also didn't meet a lot of them for a lot of people, and that wasn't because we people in the forums were crazy, it's because CDPR set them, they said most skills in W3 would be active for instance, and that witchers senses investigations would have some degree of gameplay/challenge for us to take part in, and several other things. Now I'm not blaming them, cause gamedev changes and its uncertain and risky, but we can't blame just the crazy people either.

They were the ones that went all happy talking about character creation so loyal to the original game that you'd be able to print your char sheet, they talked about a huge sandbox environment, and they generally built the idea that CP would try to be a AAA game with much heavier focus on role playing than any other.

Just saying.

On the gwent subreddit, a community moderator who IS affiliated with CD Projekt Red stated that we should be excited because something big will be announced tomorrow. Likely something to do with gwent but the timing just seems too close to ignore.

wamlab;n10206922 said:
On the gwent subreddit, a community moderator who IS affiliated with CD Projekt Red stated that we should be excited because something big will be announced tomorrow. Likely something to do with gwent but the timing just seems too close to ignore.

Very, very doubtful that it has anything to do with 2077.

I'm hoping for an early 2019 launch. I appreciate that the team puts their main focus on one game at a time (at least, it appears so). Hopefully, there will be more information forthcoming during 2018.

wamlab;n10206922 said:

i wonder what it is. I hope its not a Cyberpunk Mobile game

Top Bottom