Hello, Night City!

+
OK, then, I do not buy it. I will be looking forward to BladeRunner stuff. That being said. Thanks for attention. I do not like Mike Pondsmith representation of Cyberpunk. I prefer Deus Ex a lot, then. Bye.

The confusion regarding genre vs ip will probably hit a fair chunk of people since they share the same word. Makes total sense that people will make that mistake. Sorry to see someone lose interest but all good; takes all kinds of things and people.

Wait, what? You lost me. What did I tried?

Cherry picking specific screens from an animated movie that involved more than what you were talking about that I have seen. Those screens you posted were from China if I remember right, while the main city that GiTs takes place in is Tokyo and it's just as bright, clean and colorful as this new trailer.

The confusion regarding genre vs ip

Yeah, that is what is fun about this whole thing, the game itself being called Cyberpunk, in the genre cyberpunk. Like someone making a rock n roll record and calling it Rock n Roll. But for its all good, I grew up on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk and loved playing it most of the time...till the GM let half the group power creep into dumb stuff.

Please do tell me where are those games you mention? I could agree there are MANY games about zombies, I could agree there are MANY games about orks, elves and dwarfs, but cyberpunk? Somehow the entertainment industry never managed to scratch that itch for me.
Ruiner, Blade Runner, Red Strings Club, Satellite Reign, all the Deus Ex games, Shadowrun, NeoTokyo, Gemini Rue, VA-11 HALL-A, Observer.
Those are all the ones I've played and would recommend, but there is a plethora of Cyberpunk games that could be found with Google search of "List of Cyberpunk Video Games". Most of the ones I've mentioned are drenched in the darker, noir aesthetic many people here seem to desire. Especially Observer which has the playable character voiced by none other than Roy Batty himself.

Who wrote Deus Ex or Blade Runner thing? Mike Pondsmith? Explain what's the difference?

But I must say I truly hate that GTA/Watch Dogs feeling in a CDP game. It's insane.

Thanks to Mike Ponds Smith and everyone at CDPR for making this world come to life. I can not wait to be in the Cyberpunk 2077 world on ps4 pro. WOOT!!!!!!!!

Bladerunner is a film directed by Ridley Scott based on a book called "do androids dream of electric sheep" by the author Phillip K. Dick.

Deus Ex was a game first by ion storm published by Edios Interactive, there have been a couple follow up prequels in the last couple of years.

But why do you think it will be GTA V in future?
Can't speak for anyone else bar myself but I presume it's the way the trailer has been put together (more of a showcase of the city and the people) + the location of Night City itself. 2077 or 2013, it's still California, just like GTA V (kind of heh)

Cherry picking specific screens from an animated movie that involved more than what you were talking about that I have seen. Those screens you posted were from China if I remember right, while the main city that GiTs takes place in is Tokyo and it's just as bright, clean and colorful as this new trailer.
Yeah I remember that. I watched all GITS movies too. I already wrote in this discussion - which you probably didn't read, because I wrote it some posts after the one with screens - that I've seen even sterile-clean future cities (GITS included), that I actually wanted to call cyberpunk. When it comes to this trailer though, well, it just feels so warm and inviting, that for me it has nothing to do with cold darkness and that for me also means nothing to do with cyberpunk. I also said though, that I need to drop the name. No point in doing viral campaign for a world I won't buy into. Cyberpunk no longer should be considered dark and cold. It is a different genre now.

but there is a plethora of Cyberpunk games that could be found with Google search of "List of Cyberpunk Video Games".
Read again what you tried to answer to, because you didn't understood, what I wrote.

Yeah, that is what is fun about this whole thing, the game itself being called Cyberpunk, in the genre cyberpunk. Like someone making a rock n roll record and calling it Rock n Roll. But for its all good, I grew up on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk and loved playing it most of the time...till the GM let half the group power creep into dumb stuff.
Haha I love the power creep stuff. Making a character in 2020 is my favorite thing to do with all the gear and skills from the main sourcebook and the add-ons like Pacific Rim and the Chromebooks. Although a lot of the new stuff is pretty OP, I never really felt like it completely broke the game and made me invincible. I just hope 2077 has a lot more bioware to buff my character the fuck up because my absolute favorite kind of character to make in 2020 is muscle men with muscles on top of their muscles on top of their muscles

There are many different flavours of Cyberpunk and it's understandable that people love different aspects of the genre. I don't actually have a problem with the tone, even if my preference is more in line with the style and tone of Blade Runner 2049.

My main problem (and many other people have echoed this) is that the world reminded us way too much of mainstream titles like GTA or Watch Dogs 2. The world building and art style in these games are so bland and boring that it's a source of concern when the world of Cyberpunk seems to emulate them.

If the whole game revolves about what Mike said, then I am out of here :) Sorry guys, this guy will not dictate what the whole genre is about and the related games we have seen so far.

If the whole game revolves about what Mike said, then I am out of here :) Sorry guys, this guy will not dictate what the whole genre is about and the related games we have seen so far.

Really confused. You realize that Cyberpunk as a genre has been iterated and written in different ways for decades right? THIS game is based on THAT version of Cyberpunk 2020 evolved with colaboration. All praise the house of Cyberpunk and it's many rooms. ;)

Really confused. You realize that Cyberpunk as a genre has been iterated and written in different ways for decades right? THIS game is based on THAT version of Cyberpunk 2020 evolved with colaboration. All praise the house of Cyberpunk and it's many rooms. ;)

There is nothing to be confused about. It's been written by who? It's been written by a man called... then we must follow it? Even if it is not good for the gamers and the game itself? Tell me if Deus Ex follows it? Any other good games in the genre follow this crap?

Haha I love the power creep stuff.

One guy had his character full borg conversion into Optimal Optimus from Beast Wars, another was a mech(Vulture) from the Battletech world, another guy had a ghost/psychic full borg conversion character with ghost girlfriend...cuz yeah. These are the ones that I remember the most.

You realize that 2020 was incredibly different, from what we have now, right? So what are you confused about? You never heard about Cp being connected to dark polluted cities?

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
Pretty much. The more I watch it the more it's in line with the PnP and seems to stand on its own. The truth is there's a bit of overlap between it and something like GTA. I'm really excited to actually see the city in various weathers and times of day so we get a clearer idea of the overall aesthetic.

Very much this.

I admit, the palette took me aback. I mean, I prefer my Night City rainier and darker. BUT, it looked amazing and it's quite reasonable. You could certainly see echoes of the first trailer in the alley scene with the gun-girl and the cop AV moving past.

We will have to see more.

There is nothing to be confused about. It's been written by who? It's been written by a man called... then we must follow it? Even if it is not good for the gamers and the game itself? Tell me if Deus Ex follows it? Any other good games follow this crap?

Mike Pondsmith wrote 2020, 2077 follows 2020 as a sequel, so Mike Pondsmith is the one who will forever dictate what the lore and history is, so you have to follow what he had written as the history detailing the 50 year gap between 2030 and 2077 as the table-top RPG "ends" in 2030 with the event called The 4th Corp War.

The first Deus Ex was written by Sheldon Pacotti and directed by Warren Spector, they dictated that version of Deus Ex, the later games had different writers and directors that dictated those games.

I'd like to remind people, just to inform, that Mike said more than once that CP2020 was early cyberpunk, it was its own thing, and CP2077 would of course not be that.

Top Bottom