Help me I'm broke

+

Guest 4404014

This is not a donation scam ;) I'm broke in Gwent. I'm rank 5, lvl 34, journey lvl 53, and I'm broke with zero keys, 57 ore and 61 scraps (and a shitload or meteorite). Help.

And I was broke before. I found a way to bypass the banking regulations in my country of residence that made it difficult to do in-app purchases and I bought premium around journey level 50. To my dismay, all it gave me was a single legendary worth of scraps. Now I'm broke again. I got 2 functional decks, and I'm about 2500 scraps short of a third one. I can't even do Arena for a little cheaper keg after winning 10 games in ranked. How the hell am I supposed to get four decks?

Help. How exactly do you get to pro? I read, I pretty much know (or at least know ABOUT) all the cards and concepts, my winrate is above 70%. I'm not gonna do more purchases as I generally do not do that ever. I bought premium more because it just seemed fair to pay a reasonable price for the product plus I love CD Project. Beyond that, I must say however, the prices are not so reasonable.

So, any tips? What's your story? Thrilled to get a reply. Cheers.

This is not a donation scam ;) I'm broke in Gwent. I'm rank 5, lvl 34, journey lvl 53, and I'm broke with zero keys, 57 ore and 61 scraps (and a shitload or meteorite). Help.

And I was broke before. I found a way to bypass the banking regulations in my country of residence that made it difficult to do in-app purchases and I bought premium around journey level 50. To my dismay, all it gave me was a single legendary worth of scraps. Now I'm broke again. I got 2 functional decks, and I'm about 2500 scraps short of a third one. I can't even do Arena for a little cheaper keg after winning 10 games in ranked. How the hell am I supposed to get four decks?

Help. How exactly do you get to pro? I read, I pretty much know (or at least know ABOUT) all the cards and concepts, my winrate is above 70%. I'm not gonna do more purchases as I generally do not do that ever. I bought premium more because it just seemed fair to pay a reasonable price for the product plus I love CD Project. Beyond that, I must say however, the prices are not so reasonable.

So, any tips? What's your story? Thrilled to get a reply. Cheers.

3 keys will set you on the path to solvency.

1. contracts. Don’t worry about winning. Just set your sights on quick and easy contracts. Seasonal is good for bleeding and vitality. Also mix in some of the various other easy orders (maybe bounty or get max coins x times,) these quick contracts will get you RP for more of whatever you need.

2. Casual quick games. Only play on red, this will radically increase your winning percentage and thus EXP level ups. Anytime you get blue, play one card. This allows you to send a GG. Wait for the opponent to play a card and then they can send one back to you. On casual a lot of players are higher prestige and you will get 9 ore or scraps per GG. Remember, volume is more important than victory. You get exp either way and every level up is worth RP.

3. You want to get as many Journey crowns as possible. Do all the quests for every week. Winning in step 2 will also get you more RP through Journey. Remember, RP is a great tool for getting ore and scrap. Use it with a specific plan. Stay away from all cosmetics or trinkets. Focus on the desired rewards. Also, don’t worry to much about being viable in multi faction. You won’t be able to properly compete in pro anyway without at least 4 viable decks and even then an expansion is coming out. The expansion will shake up the meta even more and you cannot afford the new cards. You did great getting to rank 5 but your focus now should be on amassing resources.

bought premium around journey level 50. To my dismay, all it gave me was a single legendary worth of scraps. Now I'm broke again.
How is this exactly? If you buy Prémium Journey, you unlock the additional quests. If you complete those quests, you get shitload of Crown points and advance in Premium Journey path and get RPs. If you did not complete Premium Journey quests, do that. And do what @wonderboy870 said. Good luck.

Guest 4404014

Are journey quests those quests segregated by weeks 1/9 through 9/9? But these quests are stupid. Like the first one empty is play 15 cards with a Bounty tag. I don't play Syndicate, and I got 3 bounty cards in total. Next empty quest is play 25 special cards. I'm playing special cards all the time but it's not completing. Does it mean I have to make a dummy Syndicate deck and play it x times hoping that one of those 3 bounty cards I got shows up before the next quest progresses? Isn't that a huge waste of time, mine and other players who get matched with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are journey quests those quests segregated by weeks 1/9 through 9/9? But these quests are stupid. Like the first one empty is play 15 cards with a Bounty tag. I don't play Syndicate, and I got 3 bounty cards in total. Next empty quest is play 25 special cards. I'm playing special cards all the time but it's not completing. Does it mean I have to make a dummy Syndicate deck and play it x times hoping that one of those 3 bounty cards I got shows up before the next quest progresses? Isn't that a huge waste of time, mine and other players who get matched with me?

Every quest is 20 crown points. 3 a week per type (3 for free and 3 for premium.) That is 120 crowns per week, and you can do them retroactively. A level in journey is 24 crowns. Also if you do all quests through 12 weeks you get 40 reward points (20 for each quest line in contract rewards.) This will not only get you a massive short term boost but long term it is well worth it.

Some context to help you understand exp. You get 5 points for round 1, 20 points for round 2, and 25 points for round 3. This means just for matching you get a minimum 25 points. You also get 3 points per every card played. So to answer your question it not only is not a waste of your time, it is a win/win. You get exp and quest rewards, they get exp and victory crowns. Honestly, if you go all out in the first round and clearly establish no desire to win, the opponent will often pass and give you round 2. Start with a thank you taunt to let the other player know you don’t seek victory and you increase your odds of getting a free round. Also remember victory is only worth 50 exp bonus. Your problem is your thinking in terms of ranked. A ton of players go online to do daily quests, Journey quests, and contract accomplishments solely for the rewards. Winning isn’t that big of a deal. I would especially encourage you to do this know as the expansion will likely have good cards. Getting resources before hand ensures you can stay up to date.

Edit to include: the quests are sequential, you cannot begin the next one until you finish your current one. So yes, create the dummy deck, play the bounty cards you have, and complete the quest. Also you will get 1 reward point after placing 10 bounties due to a contract reward.

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

And I just noticed that those quests don't progress in training mode. Devs should seriously include "sorry for wasting your time" in the taunt menu if this is the main source of income.

40 reward points

Ok, I don't need any more convincing. Dummy deck fiesta is it! Thx for the tip. I'd have been rich already if I knew those quests are linear.

Just starting up and liking these tips!

Glad I can help. One more for you, focus your resources on one or two factions to start. Faction specific kegs, reward trees that give that factions kegs. It is not the best for ranked, but for casual if you can win on red coin you can get exp quickly. Getting to level 61 (60+ 1 more for prestige level 1,) gives you a guaranteed rare in one out of every 4 card each time you open a keg. For context, a common costs 30 scrap to craft, a rare costs 80. Moreover, when you scrap extras a common is worth 10 and a rare is worth 30. Getting to 61 is the key to building your card collection.

Guest 4404014

Where were you when I opened like a 100 kegs and looked at nothing but measly commons... ;)

More questions:

1) BTW when is the expansion coming out?

2) What's the fastest way to get exp to get that prestige asap?

3) You said winning isn't that important. I was focused solely on my win rate up until now, polishing my main decks, crafting expensive techs, etc. How exactly does winning contribute to progress in terms of resources for crafting more cards?
Post automatically merged:

Where were you when I opened like a 100 kegs and looked at nothing but measly commons... ;)

More questions:

1) BTW when is the expansion coming out?

2) What's the fastest way to get exp to get that prestige asap?

3) You said winning isn't that important. I was focused solely on my win rate up until now, polishing my main decks, crafting expensive techs, etc. How exactly does winning contribute to progress in terms of resources for crafting more cards?
Post automatically merged:

1. It’s not entirely clear. They promised 2 this year. There is a countdown on the main website which will either be a trailer for the expansion or the actual expansion itself. The countdown ends when the season ends which is 12 noon CEST Wednesday.

2. Fastest way is to play only on red coin. You stay only long enough to play one card and let your opponent play one card and always (always, always, always,) give a good game. Do it ASAP so your opponent is more likely to give you one. The rewards really add up. Wins give you 50 exp and your win rate on Red is much higher than on Blue. Also, if your deck is weak to specific leaders bail out the same way you would on blue coin. Only play matches which give you a good shot at victory. But again, don’t do this on ranked. Only on casual or seasonal. Doing it on ranked might get you in trouble.

3. The sad truth that people don’t tell you is ranked isn’t good for getting resources. There are end of season bonuses. Rank 14-8 gets you 10 RP. 7-1 gets you 15, and pro gets you 25. 15 RP sounds like a lot, but against meta decks your win rate will go down. Your better off in non ranked after hitting 14. Contracts are great for getting RP. RP is the key to building the decks you want. Also note, Gwentsday (Wednesday’s in CEST time,) give 25% bonus exp. The week after faction challenge also gives a ton of bonus exp for playing the less popular factions. You get 75% bonus across the board with an extra 25% on Gwentsday.

My best advice to new players is to go to the contracts page, look at the level section. This is where the prestige perks live. They are your BEST FRIEND. They are the absolute most important thing for new players.

Now why didn't you make this a sticky?

:think:

A little late for me because I've done loads of contracts very haphazardly, but to understand prestige a lot better is very useful. Thank you.

Now why didn't you make this a sticky?

:think:

A little late for me because I've done loads of contracts very haphazardly, but to understand prestige a lot better is very useful. Thank you.

Your welcome. If you need any other advice let me know.

RP is the key to building the decks you want. Also note, Gwentsday (Wednesday’s in CEST time,) give 25% bonus exp. The week after faction challenge also gives a ton of bonus exp for playing the less popular factions. You get 75% bonus across the board with an extra 25% on Gwentsday.
This is so true and thanks for pointing this out. I had rough time reaching Prestige because the experience ladder becomes steeper as you going high. Note that last Faction challenge I chose Syndicate and it came last but the after effects..
for 7 days Syndicate (75% exp) Gwentsday (25%) and your winning exp.

From level 59, gain Prestige, to level 20 within 7 days ( I played very casual on RP focused journey and didn't push)
Then I used those RP for NG kegs.

Now I'm saving RP for expansion and not sure whether it will be worth it (can't control myself from opening a kegs a day)

This is so true and thanks for pointing this out. I had rough time reaching Prestige because the experience ladder becomes steeper as you going high. Note that last Faction challenge I chose Syndicate and it came last but the after effects..
for 7 days Syndicate (75% exp) Gwentsday (25%) and your winning exp.

From level 59, gain Prestige, to level 20 within 7 days ( I played very casual on RP focused journey and didn't push)
Then I used those RP for NG kegs.

Now I'm saving RP for expansion and not sure whether it will be worth it (can't control myself from opening a kegs a day)

Expansions always seem to have at least two auto includes in every competitive deck. Should be worth it. Whenever you get tempted think of things that turn you off. If it works for some things it’s bound to work for Gwent.

Expansions always seem to have at least two auto includes in every competitive deck. Should be worth it. Whenever you get tempted think of things that turn you off. If it works for some things it’s bound to work for Gwent.
I don't mind going slow for greater goods and I've done that. In few games I've burnout myself due to fast spend/level up, and lost interest once reach the sweet spot. That's why I'm taking Gwent very slow and well planned out. I'm glad this Gwent not as easy as expected and there is always meta and drama here in forum to keep me tracked and going. :D

Top Bottom