Henry Var Attre question

+
Henry Var Attre question

Merry xmas everyone, so I'm pretty low on scraps right now because I've been making all kinds of new and exciting decks for each faction with all the new cards the midwinter patch has dropped. My question is if I used Venendal elites on a few revealed units and made their power one, if I used a Henry Var attre to conceal those cards (and deal two damage) would I then kill those units? This would be OP specially against things like ciri nova.

No, it would not. I recall seeing at least two mentions of a scenario where Henry was used on units with 2 or 1 STR, and they were not killed.
I'm guessing it's because being able to kill cards still in opponent's hand would indeed be way too powerful.

You could suggest a better wording for the card using this form if you feel it's confusing the way it is now. :)

Edit: Sneakily ninjaed.

Henry Var Attre and conceal damage

At the moment, if I target a concealed enemy that is 2 or below, it will not destroy the card but instead damage it to 1 and conceal it. This should be addressed. Might as well replace with Master of Disguise.

Last edited:
Yes, because I daresay it would be too powerful to be able to kill cards that are still in opponent's hand. Don't know if there's been an official statement on the subject, but considering Henry hasn't been changed since his introduction, it must be intended behaviour.

You can always send feedback; maybe the card description could be changed so that it makes it clear Henry cannot kill units.

Last edited:
Rules not correct!!!

When I played Silver 9 card Henry Var Attre to conceal revealed enemy card (a Gold with 1) which delivers a minus 2, why when i played the card did it not remove the card with 1 as it would be -1? Because of this the card just concealed and I lost the game. Needs sorting!!!!!! No info on card to say Gold invalid etc...

rrc

Forum veteran
It doesn't have anything to do with Gold. You can't expect a card to be removed from opponent hand. Even if the revealed unit was a bronze, it wouldn't be removed. It can reduce till 1 power, but not lower than that.

In Gwent card advantage is still very important, so destroying cards from the opponent's hand would be a terrible idea in terms of balancing. A card that could do that would have been nerfed a long time ago.

Anyhow, you can always give your feedback to CDPR, maybe they can improve the wording for this card a bit more.
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Top Bottom