How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+
GenLiu;n9445351 said:
Well I won't at the very least and I don't seen any reason to quit the game.
The Gold change is actually working very well, the only issue is about the general balance of the current meta, which make sense because they changed a lot of things.
Furthermore, I'm pretty sure CDPR will make what's necessary to bring the game into a more balanced state.

There is no meta at the moment...

ArianeGrosmont;n9445451 said:

you should quit this thread if you dont wanna see comments against the new patch, sadly there are tons
btw, there is no free keg to be a pure loyal dog rofl

HenryGrosmont;n9445541 said:
There is no meta at the moment...

Of course there is. It's an early one and it's probably going to change as people find stuffs but you can't deny that some decks/archetypes are already stronger than others.

No Title

fortuanately many had quit and I am happy to help these efforts. EVen on Causal matches I played like every thrid game against the same ones, with the same meta decks xD
hust to describe in one jpg how hard the devs messed it up:

Attachments

• photo168191.png
    photo168191.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 43
Again: there was a problem with the Hunters, Pirate Captains, Spotters, etc. They were often 17-20 Str. in R3. Now we have bronze Units with 20-22 Str. in R1. How is this then? Officiers, Heavy Cavalry, Farseer, etc. with minimal or no setup. Is this now O.K.?
But I don't want to quit. The game is fun, but 'til the next hotfix I play only casual. I made myself a mixed heavy buff/armor NR deck and try to improve it for ranked. But I think after the hotfix will it no more work. I expect a Heavy Cavalry nerf...

GenLiu;n9446231 said:
Of course there is. It's an early one and it's probably going to change as people find stuffs but you can't deny that some decks/archetypes are already stronger than others.
No, there isn't. Everyone is either playing whatever decks streamers put on or is teching against those. Without actually realising what the real optimal decks are. No meta, just chaos. And chaos... oh, shit

Last edited:
dejanborenol;n9445661 said:
you should quit this thread if you dont wanna see comments against the new patch, sadly there are tons
btw, there is no free keg to be a pure loyal dog rofl

You should quit this message board if you hate the game so much and aren't playing it

bojerbela;n9446421 said:
But I don't want to quit. The game is fun, but 'til the next hotfix I play only casual. I made myself a mixed heavy buff/armor NR deck and try to improve it for ranked. But I think after the hotfix will it no more work. I expect a Heavy Cavalry nerf...
Seems to me like a good middle ground, and this way, when the hotfix drops, you'll have a pretty good idea of what and how you wanna play in ranked/ladder

Last edited:
I think the current incarnation is fun, but I agree with many people here that the game is changing too radically, and the changes have become increasing haphazard.

The design of gold cards took into account damage immunity. Removing damage immunity threw them completely out of balance, some more than others. Many need rework if this change is going to be permanent. The more I look at it, the more I wonder what they were thinking.

This patch feels like the result of a rush deadline. They nerfed several powerful decks, but created several new ones. They made huge changes that obviously require substantial re-balancing. I think the best explanation is the one many have offered: this is a beta test, and they are just experimenting.

I am surprised anyone would throw in the towel so soon because of the patch....on the upper echelons of the laader right now there are quite unique and interesting decks....

No monsters though

HenryGrosmont;n9446861 said:
No, there isn't. Everyone is either playing whatever decks streamers put on or is teching against those. Without actually realising what the real optimal decks are. No meta, just chaos. And chaos... oh, shit

Everything makes sense now XD

Last edited:
call me again when the devs know how to make games again. Just played against someone with a 28 Dimun in the third round, so yeah, you went full retard.

I'm on the fence.
I FINALLY got some time to actually play the new patch.

Without being too negative... the new monster cards(atleast right now) are not as good as I hoped..they can be good if you catch the opponent slippin..but can pretty much be seen coming a mile away (rotfiend/cyclops) The Ekimarra reset is not good either.
against some decks like buffed dol blathanas or pirates in the 3rd round.. you just don't stand a chance now.no way to get any kind of big cards into the 3rd now against these type of decks. I actually had better luck playing my pre update consume deck.and triss buff deck..than these new cards
Maybe I just haven't realised their full potential yet..but so far they are lack luster against what seems to be way better other factions new cards
even the archespores 1 point damage seems like nothing compared to NR machines and buffs.
Now if the archespore buffed a row or a certain card while damage might be something .. but again I'm not a card designer

Seems Dwarves went out at the top in and came into the new patch top end...how does that happen? I mean huh?
lol

Anyway most things have already been touched on.so there is no sense to beat a dead horse

just my thoughts .
The gold immunity really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it might.
although I see the argument that some golds are now useless
I managed to throw kayran back in for a few games and found that it now eats an opponents card..which is cool..but nothing over 6 (?) Lol
with the lack of carry over now with ekimarras this would be one way to eat something high value in the 3rd.. but nope ...just get out matched by 30 points

Spiritsurge;n9448001 said:
I am surprised anyone would throw in the towel so soon because of the patch....on the upper echelons of the laader right now there are quite unique and interesting decks....
No monsters though
I don't see any unique decks. I see mostly decks that rely on Spotters, Vrihedd Officers, and Pirate Captains. Mainly because those boost basically in the hand, and require no risk to play. Sco gets to quadruple up on that with Protectors and Farseerers. Not to mention tons of spells + spell copies with Sages.

Farseerer should be a 5 base for what it does, or boost by 1 only. An 8 base bronze that boosts by 2 is crazy. Can you imagine the outrage if Axemen were 8 power?!? But really, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Protectors need to be reigned in, as do Sages. All the cards that are 12+ bronzes with zero risk need to be changed.

just deinstalling this crap. I can deal with many kinds of shit, but the new Assassin and Enforcers, Ceallach who exists only to generate the said scum, plus Vicovaro Medic to revive them and I had to deal with 6 Assassins, what a desperate shit play this is. Along with Toggeling your best unit just to Menno it to the graveyard and golds arent even fucking save anymore. I am not angered, I just dont fucking care anymore, and I guess since the developers get fully [using my favourite insult in this situation] by now, Cyberpunk will be a pile of crap also. And you can bet this game will get such a shitty reviw, makes you wish to invest time and money into different stuff than making games. So I dont care all together and I will not waste any more time with this. And for your healths, I propose you do the same.

Last edited:
Adasch;n9470551 said:
just deinstalling this crap. I can deal with many kinds of shit, but the new Assassin and Enforcers, Ceallach who exists only to generate the said scum, plus Vicovaro Medic to revive them and I had to deal with 6 Assassins, what a desperate shit play this is. Along with Toggeling your best unit just to Menno it to the graveyard and golds arent even fucking save anymore. I am not angered, I just dont fucking care anymore, and I guess since the developers get fully [using my favourite insult in this situation] by now, Cyberpunk will be a pile of crap also. And you can bet this game will get such a shitty reviw, makes you wish to invest time and money into different stuff than making games. So I dont care all together and I will not waste any more time with this. And for your healths, I propose you do the same.

Yet you just wasted your time writing this post...
Whatever.
Bye.

I won't stop, but these last few days I've noticed about 4 out of 5 ranked matches are usually against Dandelion Avatar-clad players who think they're clever with their armor decks and who won't stop saying, "Thanks, my friend!"

So... it's definitely a little less enjoyable lol. My friend and I just resorted to playing each other to practice instead of getting frustrated with the meta, until it gets balanced a bit more.

kcramthun;n9476401 said:
won't stop, but these last few days I've noticed about 4 out of 5 ranked matches are usually against Dandelion Avatar-clad players who think they're clever with their armor decks and who won't stop saying, "Thanks, my friend!" So... it's definitely a little less enjoyable lol. My friend and I just resorted to playing each other to practice instead of getting frustrated with the meta, until it gets balanced a bit more.
You can mute emotes, btw. It's in the options. First thing I did, day 1. Only thing that makes playing against rando#1234 tolerable. At least in higher ranks, you don't see emote spam.

Top Bottom