How to access DlC's on GOTY Edition PS4

+
How to access DlC's on GOTY Edition PS4

Hi people,
Forgive me of this has been asked before (I did look previously but couldn't find anything specifically related to my query) and apologies if this is a silly question. I have just finished my second play-through of Witcher 3 on PS4, I am playing GOTY edition. I am now wanting to play the DLC's however they are not showing up in my downloadable content. I wondered if this had anything to do with the fact that I haven't actually downloaded them from PS4 as they are supposed to be included with the game. I go to the Seven Cats Inn where the cut scene is supposed to start but nothing happens. I am sufficiently levelled so that can't be it? I have made sure my PS4 is my primary one so that can't be it. My second play-through was on a Game+ so I carried my character over. Can someone guide me where i'm going wrong. I'm not too knowledgeable on console DLC's as I usually play on Steam. Apologies if i'm being dense.. :-/

Last edited:
Those should be available even during your main game. I also have GOTY edition but it's on disc and I have only completed original version of the game, I haven't started my GOTY yet. Someone else also reported this some time ago but sadly I don't know if it was ever solved. You could try to rebuild PS4 database or reinstalling your game.

When you look at your game's main menu, does it say that HoS and BAW are installed like in this picture?

If those aren't visible in your main menu, check the PS store if you can download those from there. I don't know how downloaded GOTY works but in disc version expansions should be included. If those are in your menu, then rebuilding or reinstalling might do the trick.

I have the Complete Edition here in the US. I installed and started playing a game with the DLC included in the play through it said. Saved it.

One day I needed some extra space on my HDD so I deleted just the install data for Witcher 3: Complete Edition. Reinstalled it, the save won't load citing that it doesn't have the DLC content.
Both DLC content is also grayed out on the start menu.

I've deleted both install data and save data, set myself as Primary PS4 user, renewed licences, then reinstalled the game and the DLC is still grayed out even though it says I can start into it straight away. I am very confused at this point of what I'm doing wrong or missing.

Okay, I finished the dream tutorial, saved it, rebooted PS4, and before loading the save data I checked New Game options and both DLCs were selectable and of course the save was recognized. So it works, thank you.

I do not recommend anyone deleting install data and save file, maybe instead of deleting the save data to start a new game and tutorial process you mentioned first. Then see if that reflects upon the previous save file. Thanks again.

Hi, I have the ps4 goty edition that iI’ve purchased from the ps store.
I have the option for two main dlc’s but
None of the 16 free dlc are showing in the game.

I tried to reinstall the game, clear the cashe, reactivate the licenses on my ps4, set ps4 as main console, but no luck. When I’m at the merchant in game nothing from free dlcs shows up.

When I start the game the main menu does not shows the DLC or download option.

When I try to download those dlc’s from ps store, they don’t download, they get stuck .
Is there a way to enable those 16 dlc?

Kind regards

So you don't see the menu option "downloadable content"?
Did you complete the tutorial as suggested above? If you skipped that, maybe try replaying the tutorial?

Keep in mind that most of the dlc's do not have an immediate impact on your gameplay. It's not that relevant during the early stages of the game.

Manually downloading the DLCs will only work with the normal version of the game. It's not meant for the GOTY version.

In case nothing helps, you can always reach out to support:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...-dlc-not-visible-but-downloaded-and-installed (click on "Contact us" to do that)

Right now 16 free DLC's are attached to console Gwent.
That means you install console Gwent and you have an option to install these free DLC's with it, at least it works this way on PS4
So, considering remove of console Gwent, how these DLC's will be available for console players. Has anyone from CDPR answered this question?

Right now 16 free DLC's are attached to console Gwent.
That means you install console Gwent and you have an option to install these free DLC's with it, at least it works this way on PS4
So, considering remove of console Gwent, how these DLC's will be available for console players. Has anyone from CDPR answered this question?

The dlcs have nothing to do with the multiplayer Gwent game. The dlcs are only for The Witcher 3. Gwent and The Witcher are two different games.

Yeah, but I'm not that sure.
Second screenshot shows Gwent additional materials. Deletion of Gwent removes all this stuff from Witcher 3.

Attachments

• 20200126010152.jpg
    20200126010152.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 517
  • 20200126010158.jpg
    20200126010158.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
You don't need to read that, first screenshot shows Gwent and the second shows DLC's attached to it, but it's really Witcher DLC's as you can see (new finisher animations, new quests, NG+ etc.). I just wanted to know, since you said that "The dlcs have nothing to do with the multiplayer Gwent game" am I the only one whose Witcher DLC's are somehow attached to Gwent.

upd: I deleted Gwent and looks like this time DLC's are not gone. Not sure how it works, especially considering that last time I did that, DLC's deleted as well, but I guess the problem is solved. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom