How to counter buff+adrenaline rush+promote on first round?

+
Maerd;n6887360 said:
What!? Cards like Philippa should NOT be in the game at all. Right now the matchmaking machine always put me against the players who ALL has Philippa. If they get Philippa in their hand it's an automatic win 90% of the time. There's absolutely zero fun to play like that. It's like we play chess but then when I'm about to loose I just smash your pieces with my hand and declare myself a winner. Stupid card.

The best counter though... if you see someone employs this strategy and you don't have counter then just forfeit immediately, don't give them GG. :D

Maerd;n6887360 said:
What!? Cards like Philippa should NOT be in the game at all. Right now the matchmaking machine always put me against the players who ALL has Philippa. If they get Philippa in their hand it's an automatic win 90% of the time. There's absolutely zero fun to play like that. It's like we play chess but then when I'm about to loose I just smash your pieces with my hand and declare myself a winner. Stupid card.

The best counter though... if you see someone employs this strategy and you don't have counter then just forfeit immediately, don't give them GG. :D

I kinda agree, phillipa makes no sense. As most matches are decided in second or third round and people save their most powerful combos for those rounds, having a card that can wipe an entire row no matter what is game breaking. It should be nerfed somehow.

I'm one of those Northern Realms players your talking about :D If you really want too see if your strategies work against a good NR deck. Challenge me in a Friendly match. :D

This is what happens when you pass on first round with a northern realms opponent. Basically you have to commit with them on first round, there's no choice. And basically you could commit everything with them on first round and they could wreck you with a phillipa eilheart anytime. NR is truly the most OP deck right now, it's just too freaking hard to work around it.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 01:35 ---

If I had King Bran I could have gotten a commander's horn and screwed him good but of course a thousand years may pass before i get that card.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 01:49 ---

And exactly as I said before, this is happens when you do commit. My melee row had war cry and commander's horn, but what for if Phillippa Eilheart can destroy all your combos and still the guy keeps a ton of power for second round which makes it impossible for me to do anything. Basically there's no way to counter this shit. Even if I use a ton of weather he can promote to gold and adrenaline rush and still fuck me on the next round. I officially give up against NR, too OP of a deck, I'm off to play witcher 3 on the ps4, bye guys.

(screenshot came out cut for some reason, disregard the top bit)

Last edited:
I just made a weather deck to try to counter this shit and didn't get a NR opponent in 3 matches so basically you either create a deck exclusively to counter this deck which a lot of NR players seems to be using and risk getting destroyed by everyone else who doesn't use NR or you know that almost every NR deck will wreck you.

Top Bottom