How to edit the existing Gwent cards' names and descriptions from a Gwent Mod file?

+
Hey,

Is there a step-by-step guide on how to edit the existing Gwent cards' names and descriptions from a Gwent Mod file?

What I did so far:
1. I decoded the en.w3string file from the Gwent Mod folder
2. Edited the en.csv file, encoded it back and just overwrite the original en.w3string file (from the Gwent Mod Folder) with the new string file

The card's name/description (in-game) ends up blanked with no words on it (totally disappeared). I'm pretty sure I did something wrong.

I edited these lines because I've replaced the griffin card's texture to an archgriffin one, so I wanted to update the name and its description as well to match the new texture:

Vanilla (from Main W3 Goty content 0 en.w3string file):

1065027|6ad5dd4f||Griffin >>>>> gwint_card_name
1065028|02a7fb55||"Griffins like to toy with their prey. Eat 'em alive, piece by piece." >>>>>>>>>>>> gwint_card_description

Modded (edited the en.w3string file from a gwent mod made by other author):

;meta[language=en]
; id |key(hex) |key(str)| text
2115678044|6ad5dd4f||Archgriffin >>>>>>>>>> new gwint_card_name
2115678045|02a7fb55||"It's a griffin, just more... griffiny." >>>>>>> new gwint_card_description

I used the W3GOTY\content0\en.w3string file as a reference so I can edit those key(hex) codes for that specific card. No idea what's the entry for key(id) is, I just replace the existing ones.

I've also edited the gwint_card_name in the def_gwint_cards_final.xml for the archgriffin

gwint_card_griffin > gwint_card_archgriffin

I thought it might reflect the changes but still empty.

Need help. Please assist.

Thank you,
amir

Attachments

• en.csv_main_folder.png
    en.csv_main_folder.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 210
  • en.csv_mod_folder.png
    en.csv_mod_folder.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 203
  • en.w3string_mod.png
    en.w3string_mod.png