I believe cpdr should release the source code of cyberpunk and the witcher

+
Since cdpr is officaly droping the redengine after cyberpunk, it would be great for modding and the long term replaybilty of both cyberpunk and witcher 3 if cdpr releases the source code or at least releases much better modding tools like Bathesda does to great success.

I doubt they could given the legal issues involved - maybe a suite of modding tools, if they already had some for in-house use would be more realistic than spending resources on a game that's being sunset.

It's an interesting idea though - almost like releasing the "dungeon master handbook" version of the game 😄

I doubt very seriously that this will ever happen. I don't know if code or video games have a public domain time like music, TV and books do but that is probably the only way you're going to legally get the source code of these, or frankly most games. Of course you, I and probably 99% of the people on this forum will be dead by then. Ultimately they're still an intellectual property owned by a corporation that could at some point profit from it.

I'd software back in the day would release the full source code of their games after many years of release. Doom games, along with quake 1,2, and 3. I was thinking also if red engine would be released eventually. Maybe in 10 years.

I wish there was something similar to Creation Kit for Cyberpunk :(

First thing I'd do is fix all the terrain/building gaps that are all over the city, then all the textures z-fighting as well. Then fix all the out-of-place meshes poking where they shouldn't be.

V0id94

Forum regular
I'd software back in the day would release the full source code of their games after many years of release. Doom games, along with quake 1,2, and 3. I was thinking also if red engine would be released eventually. Maybe in 10 years.
They might as well do it, if they plan on dropping it completly.

Let modders create their own mods for this game, better modding kits improves the longevity of the games and brings more players in the long terms.

+ there is already a thriving modding scene, just give those guys more options and they will open the locked doors in the game, add more costum content and make the game much longer.

Top Bottom