I don't like Panam Palmer

+
I cant stand the bitch

She takes out her frustration on V in start for losing her Car and argument with Rogue.
Then after V helps her she wants to go on some insane vengance thing which I reluctantly agreed to after some yelling.
She skids in throws V in the line of fire and stands behind the car shooting the door yelling 24/7.

Then she has almost only choomy chom things to say for some reason, And even tells V she/he is too much sometimes.
Even though they literally met like 5 mins ago.

I rejected her calls after that.
I would say : "good for you" :D

[...]

She don't like Rogue because Rogue made her work with a Raffen Shiv without telling her (the most hated nomad gang, a gang of "outcasts and criminals" kicked out of their nomadic family for bad things. Like murder, kidnapping,...). And ah yeah, Rogue didn't say to Panam who stole her car and where the car was during the dialogue in the AfterLife (Rogue just want to use this intel later).

For sure, she don't care about the others poeple... That's why she want to save Saul, totally selfish and only for herself :D

And yep, without the Basilisk (Panam idea...) to fight back, Aldecaldos were probably annihilate by Raffens... So even Saul said that she was right and him was wrong :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her, she's cool. It's realistic that she has her own agenda/motivations like an actual person would, whether she's friends/lovers with V or not

At first I wasn't a fan of hers, but as I got to know her, I started to see the layers of the character. She loves her nomad fam, but also wants to strike out on her own. She's stubborn as hell, but that's what makes her a great character. She doesn't waiver on her convictions and it earns her a spot as the Aldecaldo's Matriarchal co-leader. She's loyal to the clan and loyal to V, willing to do whatever she can to help. In my first playthrough, I headcanon her as my Streetkid V's BFF. She came onto him, but he let her down easily and they became closer as friends rather than lovers.

On every other person it would be called selfish and ego - but since Panam looks like Panam and not like C.Raider she is praised as deep hot character while in fact she’s just a stubborn child going her way - and only hers no matter what = Panam in a nutshell

Loud, obnoxious, overbearing, and only thinks of herself, and is willing to do what ever it takes to get what she wants.
She goes on about how she loves her clan but at the same time is willing to put them at risk for her own needs.
I was just streaming through the main storyline the other day.. the part where you go after Hellman and have to suffer through Panam for far too long.. I've never openly detested Panam, but I couldn't help but be annoyed by her as the night dragged on. We ended up cracking jokes about how she's the type of woman who would tear you a new one for bringing home a burger with pickles on it. I believe one of my mods said something along the lines of.... "I SAID NO PICKLES!!!" We had an artist attending who actually drew a picture of Panam smashing a jar of pickles on the ground. It was pretty funny..

pickles.jpg

Long story short.. I forgot how much I can't stand her. There's really nothing redeemable about her personality imo. Even that whole 'Yes Ma'am' thing my V was doing pissed me off. I always felt like they were playing it up like I was just her little sidekick or something.

Today I was playing more and I got this text from her:

panamok.png

I was thinking.. nope.. OK is all you get.. too much time to waste otherwise. So yeah, you're not alone. Although, I did like Jackie.

I like Panam quite a bit. She's one of my favorite characters, and the only romance option that I've ever followed in the game.

Also, some of my favorite missions are Panam missions. After spending so much of the game in solo mode, the series of missions with Panam were refreshing. I particularly enjoyed the tank mission, where you're running with the Aldecaldo veterans. Much to my shock, considering most other companion characters in the game, they were actually competent both in and out of battle. I felt like part of a functional team, not a solo character in a "group" mission where everything ends up being done by me. I wish the entire game were about building and enjoying those sorts of relationships. And it's at this point where I will restrain myself from going on a rant about the nonsense story in an otherwise cool open world experience.

I'll just leave it at the Panam / Aldecaldo missions, as well as the early Jackie missions, being my favorites.

I'm still going through this game, and found Panam too much like my gf IRL lol. Needy, pushy, and tends to put herself first but will coerce you into helping her.

She was bearable though. I found the Aldecaldo outfit more interesting actually. The idea of a rogue, outlands family living by their own rules is appealing. I think they could've expanded more here, had more missions to do, had more stories to tell.

I'm still going through this game, and found Panam too much like my gf IRL lol. Needy, pushy, and tends to put herself first but will coerce you into helping her.
LoL !!

If she sees that post, then you won't have that problem any longer. Or maybe you'll have bigger problems.

I think that panam is meant to have charachter flaws, some of which you mention. However, some of your points are questionable.

1)Why should she help you if you aren't going to help her? V is asking for panam to attack a corporate Air vehicle, what are you offering her in return?
2) its pretty inaccurate to say she is asking you to do things while she is doing nothing. She is also scouting the place, and setting up technology, driving the car around, etc. She gets shot doing your mission while trying to repair the cannon while driving.
3) body contact is seen as closeness in many cultures, She is from that culture, so her intention is not dominance

I think you just have a general dislike for loud people, nothing wrong with that, but many of the things you bring up, aren't really representations of the characters intent.
"Why should she help you if you aren't going to help her?" you cant do that quest until after you have to get her her truck back.. and (likely) have to assault Nash's group... so you've saved her butt in multiple ways.. her ride.. her goods she was contracted for.. and her gettign revenge when you do most of the fighting

so no.. not offering anything in return..as she has one.. two.. three huge IOU's already banked,,,
Post automatically merged:

Anybody tries to put there feet on me, regardless of intent, that isn't in one and only one category and thats significant other will be finding themselves dusting there arse of the floor :p

It's a video game though an the options there to go "OI NOOO FEET, MOVE EM' so no big deal

If you have a problem with Panam and apparently not thinking of consequences or only of herself then you must have a problem with Judy's super idiotic, revengefull, not thinking shit stained plan to take over clouds then eh?? Or just her character in general especially if your just no picking dialogue options to get in her pants
One can adore Judy and think Panam is an narcissistic idiot... Panam thinks shes right. arrogant enough to always think shes right and passive aggressive enough to follow through with her righteousness.. great qualities for a leader..

Judy has an idea to help others... and with her grief doesn't envision the response/payback and is very sad over her failure and the response.. as she sees it as her fault. something you dont hear a i'm always right do it my way person say much. One of them got bit by good intentions mixed with law of unintended consequences.. the other has the hubris to im always right and everyone in my way is wrong.

Last edited:
"Why should she help you if you aren't going to help her?" you cant do that quest until after you have to get her her truck back.. and (likely) have to assault Nash's group... so you've saved her butt in multiple ways.. her ride.. her goods she was contracted for.. and her gettign revenge when you do most of the fighting

so no.. not offering anything in return..as she has one.. two.. three huge IOU's already banked,,,
Post automatically merged:

One can adore Judy and think Panam is an narcissistic idiot... Panam thinks shes right. arrogant enough to always think shes right and passive aggressive enough to follow through with her righteousness.. great qualities for a leader..

Judy has an idea to help others... and with her grief doesn't envision the response/payback and is very sad over her failure and the response.. as she sees it as her fault. something you dont hear a i'm always right do it my way person say much. One of them got bit by good intentions mixed with law of unintended consequences.. the other has the hubris to im always right and everyone in my way is wrong.
reminder that judy got her friends killed by having no contingency plan after the takeover and micronuking the dolls chips so they couldnt fight back when the tygers inevitably came to take the place back

shes a damn moron

reminder that judy got her friends killed by having no contingency plan after the takeover and micronuking the dolls chips so they couldnt fight back when the tygers inevitably came to take the place back

shes a damn moron
Honestly, that makes me smile, because if you think that she's a moron, that it was a bad plan and if it happen in your playthrough, your V is probably a moron too :D
- When Judy ask you if you agreed with her plan, you said yes. Even if Johnny said that it was a bad idea (but yeah, who listen Johnny's advices...)
- When Maiko suggested to change the plan and take the head of the Clouds to avoid reprisals from the Tygers and the threat of other gangs, you disagreed too.

Or maybe your V is a braindead dude who does everything that is asked of him without question, nor even thinking... :shrug:
"That's not my plan, that's not my fault obviously..."

You're entirely welcome to form your own opinions of this fictional character as you best see fit. Don't worry, she wasn't designed with your opinions specifically in mind, so don't be offended, it's perfectly okay to not like her. You'll no doubt find real people in the real world much the same. Similarly, many folk you meet, in game (perhaps) and in the real world, will be entirely likeable and etc :)

I like Panam but after all was saying d and done she seemed indifferent towards V. Her comment about how she wouldn’t do anymore for him as she would any other clan member. Then later it matters not how I feel for you now, but we will see. V is making comments like he is in love with her, yet no mention of love anywhere in that romance. Like she sees it as friends with benefits. I guess I just wanted to see more of a connection there. Something more committed.

Do you forget they've only known each other AT MOST mere weeks so ofc there's no mention of love you hardly know each other, what is there is a great start to a relationship, like them all, but that's it.

Could they have done more? Always, same with every game out there but it don't stop what is there actually being some of the best there is.

Replied to comments

The clan would still be having problems with or without selling out to corporations.
To me they are a bunch of people who cannot deal with living in night city for whatever reasons. You have to be pretty desperate to live out in the desert the way they do.

Panam is not the same as V. Panam does not have someone living in her head trying to take her over, and the possibility of dying. V's actions are because of desperation. Unlike Panam who just wants to get her way, or she'll throw another temper tantrum.

You might want to go read on the back story why the clans exist. There a whole page on Nomad and the 7 nations, who they are, why they formed etc etc.

If you played Nomad V, it even explains more why s/he left the Bakkers.
And if you romance her or not and choose Panam to help you, i thought that could lead to the next story arc for the developers to make:

Cyberpunk: 2080 Wars of the 7 Nomad Nations

And a few missions that could lead to saving V from dying, which would explain a lot of things, continue the story.
An option to expand the world and lore and bring in what they have written. Maybe i post the idea up and see what people think...(glutton for criticism)

As to the feet thing, not everything a woman does is sexual. I actually thought Judy has a better backside in that swim suit if i was stuck on such.
And i thought there was an option that they passed over to hook up with Joss Kutcher, Rivers sister and become a family, for those who play straight. A way to spend his last days in quiet solitude,

But Panam is a energetic individual who wants everything to be good and smooth and it not. Frustrated with the world (like many us of are), sure she lacks discipline but that where V kind of comes in with guidance, and temper her temper tantrum a lil. It depends what response option you do really.

Saul (IMO) is pressured to given into the corpo's and that not the way. Not the way and you understand it more if you look on the fandom wiki.

Romance options
Could have been a few more, however, the basis of the game is not romance, though it nice IMO
And Panam interaction if you romance her is way to frugal, simply not enough to really call it romance but more of a fling

Who are your friends?
None of the fixers, once you done all the contracts, you're nothing to them.
And if you yet to see the outcomes of some of the endings which you can find in this forum, you see many who just used you like a rag.

With the Aldercados, you become family, should you romance or not.
I look for your Jackie Wells post and see what up

Panam is a horrible, whiney, entitled, egoist, narcissistic, nasty, snide, rude, unattractive, ugly on the inside, unkempt, spoiled brat. So welcome to the WE HATE PANAM CLUB.
Exactly this! I hate Panam, she's.. well, all of the above. She's like a kid who grew up enough to realise she shouldn't stamp her feet and cry, "Just do what I say!!!", though that's exactly what she wants to do.

She's such a narcissist, I can't stand her. I dated a narcissist once and Panam's personality reminds me so much of her in that respect.

I'm doing another playthrough for PL and just started her mission. I've already told her no for her revenge kick, where she gave me the silent treatment and acted all bratty. As leveling seems faster now, once I have Hellman I won't be assisting with her Nomad problems, despite being one myself.

Top Bottom